Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Burro

A Boring Year Comes To A Close

From a small team in the then-Busch Series, often overlooked and with only one-victory to his credit, two big names noticed the California kid: Jeff Gordon and Rick Hendrick. Now, 7 years later, Jimmie Johnson has one less title than the man who gave him his first chance, and has tied NASCAR legend Cale Yarbrough by becoming just the second driver in the sport's 60-year-history to win three championships in a row. Jimmie Johnson and Hendrick Motorsports, 2006, 2007, and now 2008 champions after 7 wins, 15 top fives, 22 top tens, and 6 poles in 36 races.

Congrats to JJ and his team. I'm not a fan of either, but he's a damn good driver with a damn good crew chief. He's a stand up guy, too, with all the time he puts into charity. It gets old to see him win so much, but there are few guys who are better champions to represent the sport. Well done, boys.

On a different note, Edwards took 9 wins, Busch took 8, Johnson 7. That's 24 out of 36, 66.66%. What is this? F1? Also, there wasn't a single pass or moment of side-by-side racing this year. What's happened to this sport? Brian France might be as good at driving organizations into the ground as Rick Wagoner. Oh well, I watched as many races in their entirity as my favorite driver had top tens...two. It's a bad feeling, though, to feel like DOF. How I long for motorsport to come back to me...

I need hockey. Or some sleep. Or both. Carry on.

From a small team in the then-Busch Series, often overlooked and with only one-victory to his credit, two big names noticed the California kid: Jeff Gordon and Rick Hendrick. Now, 7 years later, Jimmie Johnson has one less title than the man who gave him his first chance, and has tied NASCAR legend Cale Yarbrough by becoming just the second driver in the sport's 60-year-history to win three championships in a row. Jimmie Johnson and Hendrick Motorsports, 2006, 2007, and now 2008 champions after 7 wins, 15 top fives, 22 top tens, and 6 poles in 36 races.

Congrats to JJ and his team. I'm not a fan of either, but he's a damn good driver with a damn good crew chief. He's a stand up guy, too, with all the time he puts into charity. It gets old to see him win so much, but there are few guys who are better champions to represent the sport. Well done, boys.

On a different note, Edwards took 9 wins, Busch took 8, Johnson 7. That's 24 out of 36, 66.66%. What is this? F1? Also, there wasn't a single pass or moment of side-by-side racing this year. What's happened to this sport? Brian France might be as good at driving organizations into the ground as Rick Wagoner. Oh well, I watched as many races in their entirity as my favorite driver had top tens...two. It's a bad feeling, though, to feel like DOF. How I long for motorsport to come back to me...

I need hockey. Or some sleep. Or both. Carry on.

Bah common Eric, watch F1! :D

:lol: I'll try the new regs on, Shaliq, but we'll see. I'll never be as passionate/emotionall attached ( :P ) to F1 as I was to NASCAR from 1991-2003. Oh well, short track racing starts again in May, so I'll just have to tough it out and watch hockey.

And sorry Danny for having interests that differ from your's :rolleyes:

:lol: I'll try the new regs on, Shaliq, but we'll see. I'll never be as passionate/emotionall attached ( :P ) to F1 as I was to NASCAR from 1991-2003. Oh well, short track racing starts again in May, so I'll just have to tough it out and watch hockey.

And sorry Danny for having interests that differ from your's :rolleyes:

Bah, its okay Eric, In Tf1 is the only f1 oriented forum where you can discus even Lawnmower racing! :P

Bah, its okay Eric, In Tf1 is the only f1 oriented forum where you can discus even Lawnmower racing! :P

.... and don't forget swamp-buggy racing" :P

.... and don't forget swamp-buggy racing" :P

Yea haw!!! Long live the "ssissippi" hole. ;)