Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

The Return Of The Samurai!

I have always supported Sato (except the times when I used to rant just to p**s Dan and his Sato friends off! :P )

I truly belive he is a fast driver, I cannot say he is a champion material, although he was trashed by JB during their stint together, I think next year he can be better than many midfield drivers. I will accept I am wrong if he gets STR seat and gets beaten by his team mate! :D

News

Sato fastest again at midday in Barcelona (+times)18 November, 2008

Testing continued apace in Barcelona this morning, with teams taking to the track for the second day of winter testing. After yesterday's sunny conditions, things disimproved slightly for today, with some Spanish cloud blocking out the sun for much of the morning. Despite that the 15 drivers on-track completed decent mileage.

Once again, programmes between the teams were varied and wide-ranging, with BMW Sauber and Williams still running with the 2009-spec wings, and other teams opting to run with 2008 equivalents but with reduced downforce. Ferrari today debuted their KERS device, with Luca Badoer testing the unit at the wheel of an F2008. Like yesterday, the majority of the running was completed on slick tyres.

On the timesheets however, candidate for a Toro Rosso race seat Takuma Sato continued to lead the field, clocking a 1m20.017s during the morning to beat former Toro Rosso driver Sebastian Vettel by four tenths, with the German joining the test today with Red Bull. Second Toro Rosso driver S

I've always thought he was a very likeable guy, but useless on track. Thats just me though. :lol:

Saying that, it is kind of nice to see his name at the top of the timesheets.

I've always thought he was a very likeable guy, but useless on track. Thats just me though. :lol:

Saying that, it is kind of nice to see his name at the top of the timesheets.

I'll just always remember kamikaze Sato, the way his engines blew up at the worst possible place for the rest of the field(and he always stayed on track spilling oil), or his crashes followed the same pattern... But he got better and I was sorry to see him out, so I'm glad he's back :D

Nice to see him at the top of the time charts but I still doubt he'll return to F1 as a full time racer :(

be great if sato got the seat at STR i never used to like the guy till he was at Super Aguri then he kinda grew on me

he done well in his tests yes the cars good but whos to say just cos your in a good car you get top times heikki proved that i think

Ahhh Sato, Sato. Such memories. To think the guy was lynched everytime he did one of his banzai moves...

Of course, then DC stepped up to replace him, and Massa, and Lewis, and so on...

He was not a kamikaze, he was just a visionary.

:lol:

I like Sato. He entertains, he's certainly quicker than the midget Davidson, and he seemed to be crashing less before Super Nintendo Aguri folded. Nice to see him back, but remember it's a 2008 spec car which will flatter him.

It annoys me everytime Status Quo and Cliff Richard come back too.

Pretty ironic that it was MS who named Sato (kamikaze) for bumping him after he lost the car while breaking on a wet track. I wonder what kind of name does MS deserve for his kind of kamikaze reputation. :P

They went away? Please tell me they went away.

A collaberation, with an overly sentimental three chord song about the recession would surely be a chart topper.

Pretty ironic that it was MS who named Sato (kamikaze) for bumping him after he lost the car while breaking on a wet track. I wonder what kind of name does MS deserve for his kind of kamikaze reputation. :P

Seven times world champion?

Seven times world champion?

:lol: Nope actually. I am not the one who keeps bitching about his past or unwanted moves, but I find it funny that MS bitched about a move which was completely an accident. Just like the way many guys here bitched about Kimi's accident in Monaco.

:lol: You're winding us up, Abbas! Surely the point was that Sato kept making these ridiculous errors, was only in F1 because of his nationality and was beaten 34 points to 1 by Button.

I remeber that! It was the Belgian GP in 2005 or 2006! Schumi was about to knock him out in the middle of La Source hairpin :lol: !

Ahhh Sato, Sato. Such memories. To think the guy was lynched everytime he did one of his banzai moves...

Of course, then DC stepped up to replace him, and Massa, and Lewis, and so on...

He was not a kamikaze, he was just a visionary.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Nope actually. I am not the one who keeps bitching about his past or unwanted moves, but I find it funny that MS bitched about a move which was completely an accident. Just like the way many guys here bitched about Kimi's accident in Monaco.

I don't think it was a case of Michael unfairly accusing Taku. This was 2005. Michael was driving a dog. Here he was, at Spa, his favourite track and in with a shout of his best finish since Imola. He was damn frustrated, that's all.

I actually met Taku that year and managed to ask him what it was that Micahel said to him when he tapped him on the crash helmet. It was during a Q and A session at a motorsport show. Taku replied "there are children here, I had better not say....."

I don't think it was a case of Michael unfairly accusing Taku. This was 2005. Michael was driving a dog. Here he was, at Spa, his favourite track and in with a shout of his best finish since Imola. He was damn frustrated, that's all.

I actually met Taku that year and managed to ask him what it was that Micahel said to him when he tapped him on the crash helmet. It was during a Q and A session at a motorsport show. Taku replied "there are children here, I had better not say....."

Never meant to seriously wind you up Steve! :P , Its been long since I wound up MS fans. :D

I think Sato's reputation is a little unfair, and he learnt well from the mistakes he did make. He deserves another go, especially since there isn't exactly a queue of amazing talent available in GP2 right now.