Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duest

Mark Webber Seriously Injured

I just saw this on the news. Mark Webber was competing in his charity event - The Mark Webber Pure Tasmania Challenge - when he had a head on crash with a car while riding a mountain bike. He has been hospitalised and is reportedly undergoing surgery for a serious leg injury. :(

Terrible news! Mark does a lot for charity and it is rotten luck that something like this would happen to him. May he have a speedy and complete recovery!

I've found a couple of online articles and the injury (injuries?) doesn't appear quite as alarmist as it came across on the news. It would appear he's broken one of his legs and is having a metal rod inserted. Hopefully he can make a full recovery before his home grand prix in Melbourne.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...3-23770,00.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/22/2427065.htm

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...0-11088,00.html

Not good that :o

He'll miss a lot of crucial testing of the car with the new regs and is unlikely to start the season in the car. This, unfortunately, could be the end of his career.

:(

Would you sign off Hamilton this quickly if it had happened to him? Never.

This is a shock but it is too soon to tell what it will imply. A week (or less) in the hospital for post-surgery recovery and then rehab. The 2009 season is a long way off... we'll see.

This is a shock but it is too soon to tell what it will imply. A week (or less) in the hospital for post-surgery recovery and then rehab. The 2009 season is a long way off... we'll see.

blah, blah Hamilton blah! Sorry Meanioni!

Argh, he was supposed to participate in the Race of Champions! But at least he'll be fine in January^^

Terrible luck for Webber...

Hopefully it won't influence his season that much, but it definitely will...

Let's hope he comes back stronger, MS style B) !

Terrible luck for Webber...

Hopefully it won't influence his season that much, but it definitely will...

Let's hope he comes back stronger, MS style B) !

A metal rod with next year's KERS? The guy will be a living lightning rod

I'll bet he's back in the car by the end of Jan. Commiserations to Mark's fans, he's an incredibly fit and determined bloke - he'll be fine for the start of the season.

Why must you start off with a dig?

Shesh...

I think Fed up would make the same statement if it were Hamilton or anyone.

I agree with Fed up... Webber will miss some crucial testing time.

I doubt it will end his carrer...

Of course, depends on his recovery. The amount of g-force these drivers experience is difficult enough for a person who is healthly.

He has a lot of bad luck does Mark. What the **** was the car driver doing? Get well soon, Mark.

Is it serious? I had read he just broke leg. But still i dunno how he got caught up by a 4x4 in a bike.

OCD in print.

bad luck for the guy!

I hope he'll make a speedy recovery,

with all the new technology and quality of health care nowadays he'll definitely be back for Melbourne next year.

Though will he be as fit and quick. Only time will tell...

I bet Vettel was driving that car, he just cant help but hit the guy!? :P

Why must you start off with a dig?

Because it is fun to see lewisteric flip out and start insulting... as it is to watch you guys pretending away their violent ways.

Of course, it is not necessary to "start off with a dig" to get lewisterics to insult. It's in their blood... as it is in yours to pretend away their violent ways.

I think Fed up would make the same statement if it were Hamilton or anyone.

Hilarious.

Not a problem!

Maure, get some help its bordering on an obsession....

Your obssesion with my person is amusing.

And to think you would be kissing my arse if I was a lewisteric. Just like Fedup and similiar hatemongers, I could post bigotry day and night and you would just cheer me on... no fun in that. I prefer your denials and echolalia.

Because it is fun to see lewisteric flip out and start insulting... as it is to watch you guys pretending away their violent ways.

I have no right to tell anybody how to behave, or indeed what to post. But did you not post your original remark in order to start the 'lewisteric violence' in the first place? Now be honest, I'm sure there is a straight talking guy in there somewhere!

Maure - you have to learn how to give and take my love. And the rest of you just have to learn to stop falling for the bait.

I have no right to tell anybody how to behave, or indeed what to post. But did you not post your original remark in order to start the 'lewisteric violence' in the first place? Now be honest, I'm sure there is a straight talking guy in there somewhere!

Maure - you have to learn how to give and take my love. And the rest of you just have to learn to stop falling for the bait.

Well said :D !

I now laugh at the way Maure tries his best! :P

Well, well, Its sad, but many F1 drivers have had injuries during winter, remember Montoya's tennis incident? ;) , Thats why teams like Mclaren and Ferrari prevent their drivers taking part in these kind of sports (like what Mark organizes).I am sure Mark would get well soon and may be his heavy foot could help him go faster :P .

The press is over reacting to the accident, if he broke his bone in the kitchen, not much people would have noticed.

10/10 for your Avatar

:D

Well said :D !

I now laugh at the way Maure tries his best! :P

Well, well, Its sad, but many F1 drivers have had injuries during winter, remember Montoya's tennis incident? ;) , Thats why teams like Mclaren and Ferrari prevent their drivers taking part in these kind of sports (like what Mark organizes).I am sure Mark would get well soon and may be his heavy foot could help him go faster :P .

The press is over reacting to the accident, if he broke his bone in the kitchen, not much people would have noticed.

Kitchen??? What in the hell is a kitchen???? Oh, I remember now, it's where those pussies like Gordan Ramsay spend their time isn't it :whistling:

Ayway, be fair, Abbas, it was a charity event :lol: