Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

2009 Prediction Thread

Yes guys (and girls), it's that time again to say goodbye to the 2008 Predictions thread and start the 2009 one!!!

So, lets start the run up to March...

NB: Pin this topic at the top!

I would settle for a season where the title contenders appear in the same TV shot, you know, racing each other.

Hamilton WDC again. Not because thats what I hope for, thats my genuine prediction. In his 3rd season I think there wont be so many mistakes, and he's going to be very very hard to beat.

Other than that, if Renault put together a decent car, Alonso will be the biggest threat.

I'm going to say Honda will be much improved next season, but I can see Kimi, Alonso, and Hamilton running the show!

I hope for proper rivalries, not Hamilton having a nice walk to the WDC! (And hopefully he won't get it, but that's asking for too much xD).

I'd also like to sign for what maure and Monza are saying.

I would settle for a season where the title contenders appear in the same TV shot, you know, racing each other.

Yep. Bring in spec cars. None of this innovation-fanboy BS!

Yep. Bring in spec cars. None of this innovation-fanboy BS!

Murray will get a wooden spoon for Christmas.

Kimi will not recover from his slippy slope 'till mid season (at best), then he'll get dropped by Luca's aide.

Lewis Hamster will be better. And controversial.

Feeleepay will improve, again.

Everyone will hate the gold medals.

Heiki will not improve, Maca will get rid end of season.

Maure will continue his two man person crusade.

Robert will have a comb-over and will be matched by Nick (on the track, not the comb-over), who'll lose his beard in a bet (much to Bob's annoyance on both counts).

Fernando will be back at the top. And controversial.

Steve will shave his armpits.

Seb The Vet will be (more) awesome.

Mark The Webster will keep up. Nearly.

Bernie will invest in cryogenics and mnemonics.

Toyota will go back down the grid.

Paul's ASBO will not be renewed.

Honda will be midfield by mid season, top of midfield by the end.

Max will find out who did the dirty.

Bruce will remain Avatar King.

The racing will be great. To me :P

I don't think anything's going to change much. The only possibility is a resurgent Kimi- at least that's what I'm hoping.

Heikki may (and certainly should) get the boot mid-season unless he improves dramatically. McLaren really should have had the WCC sewn up with the car they had last year.

I'd really like to see Hammy fade away into the midfield a bit and Alonso to come back to the front. Short of an enormous McLaren c#ckup (perhaps concentrating on 08 instead of developing the 09 car?) I'm not convinced I'll be rewarded.

Welcome back Ben :thbup: ! This season, I want Massa to win WDC & Piquet to get sacked! Would like to see Vettel to do well with Red Bull & their Renault engine! I'd also like to see Bruno get good results but hope he does'nt end up like Piquet or end up with Honda! If Alonso does well in 2009, I think he'll be on his way to Ferrari along with (maybe) Vettel in 2010 which would be 1 hell of a combination :wub::wub: !

Welcome back Ben :thbup: ! This season, I want Massa to win WDC & Piquet to get sacked! Would like to see Vettel to do well with Red Bull & their Renault engine! I'd also like to see Bruno get good results but hope he does'nt end up like Piquet or end up with Honda! If Alonso does well in 2009, I think he'll be on his way to Ferrari along with (maybe) Vettel in 2010 which would be 1 hell of a combination :wub::wub: !

I think Alonso - Kubica would be a much better combination as their driving styles are so similar. Their friendship could also be a great asset as they would be much more willing to give one another position and help each other in the championship.

[quote name='james' post='277524' date='Nov 25 2008, 08:58 PM']I think Alonso - Kubica would be a much better combination as their driving styles are so similar. Their friendship could also be a great asset as they would be much more willing to give one another position and help each other in the championship.[/quote]

Ditto! Also, because their cars would be set up in a similar manner, they could benefit much more from each other's experience. And whomever they drive for wouldn't have to sacrifice one's chances for WDC to "help" the other failing driver.

Oh, my prediction for 2009 - Kubica is much much better that he causes Nick's retirement thus proving once again my superiority in any argument with Katy H. (and her German boyfriend) .

Kubica and Alonso wouldn't be friends long as team mates. Nevertheless, Alonso staying at Renault is the biggest compliment anyone's yet paid Kubica.

Paul's ASBO will not be renewed.

We haven't even got into 2009 and already your predictions are wrong......................again :whistling::lol:

I predict that once Bernie gets divorced, he will leave F1 and go on a world search to try and find a wife who is the same height as him.

I think Alonso - Kubica would be a much better combination as their driving styles are so similar. Their friendship could also be a great asset as they would be much more willing to give one another position and help each other in the championship.

Alonso wouldn't help anyone, friend or not. Not that thats a bad thing, he's a racing driver

Predictions:

Mark Webber gets a penis extension and tries to overtake Vettel, resulting in another bout of 'bad luck' for the likeable aussie.

Jenson will crack at least one smile.

Lewis will launch his very own aftershave, called SweatBalls. Yep, he's THAT arrogant. ;)

Alonso will release 'Que Sera, Sera' and it will reach number 1 in Bratislava, where they think he's a singing gorilla.

Rubens has another kid, and calls it 'Schumi's Bitch Jnr'.

DC will appear on the new series of Katie and Peter as a guest. It was supposed to happen last year. Like many things for DC.

Kubica will talk. Slowly so everyone can understand him.

Nick will blame the reason for his poor season on a bad case of beard-nits.

Jarno will actually sell a bottle of vino.

Felipe will grow a tongue.

Kimi will start an F1-Anonymous group. The only people that attend will be himself and Nelson Piquet due to their forgettable recent driving forms.

Michael Schumacher will write a book about how bad life was at Ferrari and how he was forced to win championships.

Predictions:

Mark Webber gets a penis extension and tries to overtake Vettel, resulting in another bout of 'bad luck' for the likeable aussie.

Lewis will launch his very own aftershave, called SweatBalls. Yep, he's THAT arrogant. ;)

Alonso will release 'Que Sera, Sera' and it will reach number 1 in Bratislava, where they think he's a singing gorilla.

DC will appear on the new series of Katie and Peter as a guest. It was supposed to happen last year. Like many things for DC.

Kimi will start an F1-Anonymous group. The only people that attend will be himself and Nelson Piquet due to their forgettable recent driving forms.

Michael Schumacher will write a book about how bad life was at Ferrari and how he was forced to win championships.

:lol::lol: post of the year! Sorry Fed Up but this is priceless :lol: !

for next season I see a handful of penalties for Hamilton and Mclaren and Kimi and Ferrari will take the titles, unless Renault can get there act together(fingers crossed) then it's Alonso all the way! :D

Predictions:

:roll: That's hilarious.

Predictions:

:lol:

Predictions:

This is bulls##t, noone would buy a bottle of crappy italian wine (Spanish ones are muc better and less expensive)

The rest of predictions are ok :lol:

Ditto! Also, because their cars would be set up in a similar manner, they could benefit much more from each other's experience. And whomever they drive for wouldn't have to sacrifice one's chances for WDC to "help" the other failing driver.

Oh, my prediction for 2009 - Kubica is much much better that he causes Nick's retirement thus proving once again my superiority in any argument with Katy H. (and her German boyfriend) .

Kubica Diet! :D

This is bulls##t, noone would buy a bottle of crappy italian wine (Spanish ones are muc better and less expensive)

The rest of predictions are ok :lol:

I also heard, beer is better and cheaper there. Not that I want to drink.