Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Honda Says Goodbye?

Yes, I hope something can be sorted out before March too. Either way, Jenson won't be out for long. There are some entertaining quotes doing the rounds today. The links are given in the quotes. Max's interview is especially interesting.

This is a wake-up call. If you and I wanted to run a formula one team, we wouldn't need to have to spend what they are spending at the moment

I'm struggling to understand someo peoples position on this; Honda going is not good for the sport. Please tell me how less is more. It makes winning less worthy because there are two cars missing. It's a tragedy. Also, all this talk about them going because they are unable to be a technological showboat is utter bollocks and the stuff of delluded dreams by people living in the past. The reality is that business, especially the car business, is getting damned tough. That's why they went.

The irony could be that Sato will lose out to Button. Now, if there's anything positive to come out of this, that could be it.

Dreams! The power of dreams is no more.

Jenson is part of the problem and symptomatic of what was wrong with Honda. They were clueless as an F1 team and are really only using the credit crunch as an excuse for their hasty retreat. If truth be told they were hopeless as a full F1 team and what has happens is natural course of events where a corporation, haemoragging cash, has just retreated due to abject failure.

- Firing Dave Richards - fail!

- Paying Jenson

So all of this spending and having Ross Brawn on board and focusing the whole of the 2008 campaign on the 2009 car and rumours about Alonso to Honda are just a complete waste of time now?

And all that waiting Jenson did with a dog of a car was pointless.

What a joke...

Though this bit of news is quite worrying for the future of F1.

Though I predict Honda to be supplying engines again in the near future.

VW or Audi need to buy out this team.

The crisis is just an excuse.

What this shows is just that F1 has become a poor invesment opportunity thanks to FIA and their choking of the sport. More regulation, less possiblities to react to challenges.

Of course, individual teams have their own responsibility too. Some are able to make it work while others... how long has Honda F1 been without sponsors?

You're making a good job of making it look like a smug, self righteous gloating session. I'm just being honest.

Of course he is, thats all he's used to. Leaves the forums, and then comes back after Lewis wins the championship. Enjoy your moment, gloryboy - thats all it will ever be.

Anyway, back to topic - Button looked absolutely blindsided by this today. Some idiots on other forums who claim to be fans "I never liked Honda" - **** that! Stay in your "I never liked Honda" corner, and ****ing rot for all I care.

After all, its just another twist of the knife. Whatever floats your boat people.

I just hope somebody recognises the huge potential, not only in the team but in its facilities, its workforce and in its drivers.

EDIT: Can't even get my grammar correct. :blowup::angry:

You know what I've been trying to understand? RBR has been cutting costs, like it was on news recently by cutting parties, reducing printing of red bulleting, stopping f.una programme (yes guys), etc. (where?: http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns20985.html)

Now they buy the 50% of STR. Why? I mean, it's obvious they won't keep both teams for a long. And we gotta agree there's plenty of offer of teams for sale now and apparently no demand. (Anyone still remembers death of SA?) So, what's the point of buying the other half if it's so risky to try to find a buyer (even though it's easier to sell 100% than 50%)?

I have the feeling RB will keep Str and sell main team. But I'm guessing real far and it's what I want to believe (even if Sebi is gone).

This is absolutely horrible news.

With Honda leaving, which I consider one of the best car-companies in the world, it makes me wonder how hard it may be for the rest of the teams to survive.

This is just the beginning. Honda just left, when will the other teams decide they can no longer participate?

We may be witnessing the beginning of the end...

I think the beginning actually started some time ago.

Indeed!

But with a big constructor leaving, it's getting much more serious! The most alarming is the rumor that Honda didn't leave because of actual financial problems or the team's performance, but as JV said, it was a political decision. This means their view of the global economical situation, tells them to pull out of F1 and anything "unnecessary". And I bet they have a good view of it too!Tough times are ahead and they seem to be getting closer!

Yes, I hope something can be sorted out before March too. Either way, Jenson won't be out for long. There are some entertaining quotes doing the rounds today. The links are given in the quotes. Max's interview is especially interesting.

I'm sorry but what's this average guy B* ?!

It's called ****ing motorsport not entertainment.

Motorsport as in not driver-sport, not average_guy_on_the_street-sport, as in cut-throat competition, as in a sport striving for excellence not mediocrity, for developing and/or refining technology, for pushing the envelope, race on Sunday and sell on Monday, a clash of legendary team bosses and innovators with bigger the life egos.

If you're concerned about the average guy on the street, than you're average to mediocre racertainment marketing business going after peons who don't give a s##t about motorsport, and not the pinnacle of motorsport.

Of course he is, thats all he's used to. Leaves the forums, and then comes back after Lewis wins the championship. Enjoy your moment, gloryboy - thats all it will ever be.

Anyway, back to topic - Button looked absolutely blindsided by this today. Some idiots on other forums who claim to be fans "I never liked Honda" - **** that! Stay in your "I never liked Honda" corner, and ****ing rot for all I care.

After all, its just another twist of the knife. Whatever floats your boat people.

I just hope somebody recognises the huge potential, not only in the team but in its facilities, its workforce and in its drivers.

EDIT: Can't even get my grammar correct. :blowup::angry:

Stop acting like a child :huh:

This is just a sport, it's not life and death, so take a chill pill.

My views are just consistent. I remember when the team was first formed and the ridiculous statements that JV & Pollock made that they would win their first race - they didn't even score a single point in their first season.

I remember when JV was being slagged off for daring to insist that the team pay his retainer (believed to be $16m) - Richards (and Jenson) were making it public that JV was more interested in his salary rather than the best interests of the team. Fast forward to 2008 and now Jenson is the one earning the big bucks yet the team's performance is exactly the same as when JV was there - poor!

The biggest mistake they made, IMHO, was to write off a season yet continue to participate. HondaF1, if we're honest, embarrassed Honda, the marque - the F1 team was pathetic with the exception of Ruebens.

Just my view

last rumours said the team principal offered the FIA a new service called "we shut down the systems and lock the track when the last persons exit- more or less the same time the cars finish the race" But the FIA told them they can invest in so many keys -almost 40 for the entire year-

By the way, what a sheet of a team!

Stop acting like a child :huh:

This is just a sport, it's not life and death, so take a chill pill.

My views are just consistent. I remember when the team was first formed and the ridiculous statements that JV & Pollock made that they would win their first race - they didn't even score a single point in their first season.

I remember when JV was being slagged off for daring to insist that the team pay his retainer (believed to be $16m) - Richards (and Jenson) were making it public that JV was more interested in his salary rather than the best interests of the team. Fast forward to 2008 and now Jenson is the one earning the big bucks yet the team's performance is exactly the same as when JV was there - poor!

The biggest mistake they made, IMHO, was to write off a season yet continue to participate. HondaF1, if we're honest, embarrassed Honda, the marque - the F1 team was pathetic with the exception of Ruebens.

Just my view

You really like to think you are something else, don't you?

Answer this: Why did you come back, after your dramatic exit? I'll answer it for you - its simple. To gloat. You've had your moment in the sun, you annoy me. You are consistent in your views, true. Consistently biased.

So tell me. How did you feel when McLaren cheated? Multiply that, and then come back to me when you understand that something you have believed in for so long hammers you in the face with a big note saying "Uh-uh. Wrong, bitch."

Its a bitter pill to swallow when you're wrong, but I swallowed. Don't rub it in and we'll be pals. :)

credit crunch... world financial crisis... standard engines in F1... Alonso threatening departure... what's next?

the winter of discontent is nigh.

What ever happened to prodrive? The grid's going to be looking pretty small if honda go

I bet my underpants Dave Richards is one of the bidders.

i dont think prodrive is ever happening. they have an agreement now with force india, and its much less expensive than building a whole new team.

Just read the news on the paper :(

I'm really sorry for you Honda and JB fans.

And for all the F1 fans...18 cars on the grid...for now.

:( Just this year,when it looked that they could be stronger...

Just to add my comments on this saga.

Jenson Button should sack his management team for the shoddy manner in which they have managed his f1 career. It now seems that he has recently signed a multiple year contract for a reputed 20m $/

I remember when the team was first formed and the ridiculous statements that JV & Pollock made that they would win their first race - they didn't even score a single point in their first season.

Thought that was Adrian Reynard. Won't go into why as I'm sure you know.