Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Honda Says Goodbye?

DR is sandbagging - he really wants this. It may be that Honda won't want him to have it! But, if DR does get involved, or anyone else for that matter, Fry will go - that's a 'no-brainer'. It will be 'budget' racing time - that's for sure. DR is no stranger to Cosworth power and he'll be taking the FIA 'package' option - believe me. Honda will become the Asda of F1. Brawn may be the jewel in the crown but he will be expected to produce performance for peanuts or go. He's far too classy for a 'pit-lane gangster' like Richards and will probably retire for good. Jens will only be retained if he races for nothing and brings some serious sponsorship in to boot. Basically, he's on a hiding to nothing for the next season or two, even if a saviour does come along unless, he jumps ship to STR now, [though they deny they have an open seat] or displaces a Force India pilot. That said, I believe FI/RB/STR/Renault/Williams and Toyota will become casualties sooner or later. This recession will get a lot worse before it gets better, believe me. We'll just see Ferrari, BMW, McLaren and Asda with three cars each, chasing each other round the park!

:yes:

DR is sandbagging - he really wants this. It may be that Honda won't want him to have it! But, if DR does get involved, or anyone else for that matter, Fry will go - that's a 'no-brainer'. It will be 'budget' racing time - that's for sure. DR is no stranger to Cosworth power and he'll be taking the FIA 'package' option - believe me. Honda will become the Asda of F1. Brawn may be the jewel in the crown but he will be expected to produce performance for peanuts or go. He's far too classy for a 'pit-lane gangster' like Richards and will probably retire for good. Jens will only be retained if he races for nothing and brings some serious sponsorship in to boot. Basically, he's on a hiding to nothing for the next season or two, even if a saviour does come along unless, he jumps ship to STR now, [though they deny they have an open seat] or displaces a Force India pilot. That said, I believe FI/RB/STR/Renault/Williams and Toyota will become casualties sooner or later. This recession will get a lot worse before it gets better, believe me. We'll just see Ferrari, BMW, McLaren and Asda with three cars each, chasing each other round the park!

I'd guess anyone at this stage will sandbag, makes bargaining sense of course. And Fry going? I hope so. If Jense is gets a release from his contract he should have a few bob to play with from that, so I wonder if he'll give a toss about money as long as he gets to fight for another day.

If he ditched Braun he'd be dumb, and I figure Ross knows he'd have to produce miracles whoever bought it, he did it at Benetton to some extent.

The rest of what you have to say is making my eyes bleed. ;)

Liar!

"How much?" is only 2 words long.

:roll:

Anyway, don't be stupid, the price is already agreed before I get there.

:lol: Yes. But the second part is: 'Pleaaaaase, Andr

Anyway, don't be stupid, the price is already agreed before I get there.

So it *was* you with Max Mosley giving out "ze punishment" - I must say the blonde wig looked very convincing on video :)

I do use the 'aren't you my cousin' line because there is the possibility that heshe's not, whereas where you come from, that question is rather defunct :whistling:

:P Yes, that's right because there are no cousins in my area :P:D

I'd guess anyone at this stage will sandbag, makes bargaining sense of course. And Fry going? I hope so. If Jense is gets a release from his contract he should have a few bob to play with from that, so I wonder if he'll give a toss about money as long as he gets to fight for another day.

If he ditched Braun he'd be dumb, and I figure Ross knows he'd have to produce miracles whoever bought it, he did it at Benetton to some extent.

The rest of what you have to say is making my eyes bleed. ;)

I am sorry about your bleeding eyes. Some good news is Williams and RB/STR's statements today that they are staying - at least for now. I see little reason in Mateschitz buying Berger out if he was going to sell, although ultimately, everything in his world is for sale. I do not think he is so much of an alligator as to deprive GB of some profit on the investment - they did make a profit , after all. Jens could do very well in a Ferrari-engined car that stays on the road. My hope that Honda would be saved is fading by the hour, I'm afraid. Any serious player would have moved by now, knowing how crucial the small amount of available winter testing is to the team.

So it *was* you with Max Mosley giving out "ze punishment" - I must say the blonde wig looked very convincing on video :)

What wig??? :whistling:

:P Yes, that's right because there are no cousins in my area :P:D

Indeed. They're all your sisters...............or brothers, as the case may be :eusa_think::lol:

Some good news is Williams and RB/STR's statements today that they are staying - at least for now.

Add these two to Ferrari, Mclaren, BMW and Force India and it leaves Renault as the only team that hasn't publicly committed it's future to F1. The Williams CEO is of the opinion that at least one additional team, manufacturer team, will leave F1 before the start of the 09 season - ING now have the Dutch Govt as a shareholder, matters could very sticky for nando and his legion of fans (aka the accents)

Hmm!

I hope I'm completely wrong but I don't see anyone buying Honda, even David Richards. Whoever buys it is not buying it atall; They are commiting to huge financial outlay and have to stay around a while or look to be a failure. Richards succeeds at most things he does. I don't think he will return to F1 just because a flailing team is up for grabs. Who is going to do that at the moment in an uncertain financial climate without the absolute guarantee of a return?

It was shocking when Honda announced their departure but I sense a bigger shock is around the corner if the whole operation ceases to exist. Then we'll appreciate the magnitude of their withdrawal and the consequences.

I am sorry about your bleeding eyes. Some good news is Williams and RB/STR's statements today that they are staying - at least for now. I see little reason in Mateschitz buying Berger out if he was going to sell, although ultimately, everything in his world is for sale. I do not think he is so much of an alligator as to deprive GB of some profit on the investment - they did make a profit , after all. Jens could do very well in a Ferrari-engined car that stays on the road. My hope that Honda would be saved is fading by the hour, I'm afraid. Any serious player would have moved by now, knowing how crucial the small amount of available winter testing is to the team.

Yup, if they were going to sell, I thought they'd have done it together. But there's something about Dieter that's untrustworthy. I think it's that he still gets attractive women at his age, yes, it is.

Nah, deluded as I am ;) , I think it'll take longer, a wily buyer could wait until they get more from Honda - etc. Lot's can happen.

I remain, for now, the optimist. I drove back the sea once :P

Add these two to Ferrari, Mclaren, BMW and Force India and it leaves Renault as the only team that hasn't publicly committed it's future to F1. The Williams CEO is of the opinion that at least one additional team, manufacturer team, will leave F1 before the start of the 09 season - ING now have the Dutch Govt as a shareholder, matters could very sticky for nando and his legion of fans (aka the accents)

Hmm!

What about Toyota?

What about Toyota?

They threw their whoreoar in too Steve. Seems it is just The Reggie. I can't imagine what would happen if Fernando came back on the market suddenly :o Third car with Macca :lol:

They threw their whoreoar in too Steve. Seems it is just The Reggie. I can't imagine what would happen if Fernando came back on the market suddenly :o Third car with Macca :lol:

Maybe he could commentate on the Beeb?

"And now, for sure we see that black bast*rdo, Lewis, coming around to complete heynother larp. He ees fifty seconds ahead of Heikki, but thees iss becoss Ron have given heem a more powerful enjeen. I don't know if you know, Senior Brundle, but thees is whart happened to meeeee. But, like they say in Ireland, 'like the Murphy's, I'm not beeeter'"

If Nando come free, all bets are off. He is the best driver package in the sport. If he had gone to Honda it would have cost them

I just call him 'Der'.

I may be old but 'der' is OTT. 'Sid' would do.

I may be old but 'der' is OTT. 'Sid' would do.

Hiya Sid ;) No-one is old, it's all relative. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Sid eh? If your surname is Watkins, I'd guess you're holding a bit back :lol:

It's a bit like Fireball XL5, anything could happen in the next half hour ;)

That was Stingray, or my name's not Troy Tempest. Seems you were woefully deficient in your viewing of 1960s telly.

That was Stingray, or my name's not Troy Tempest. Seems you were woefully deficient in your viewing of 1960s telly.

:lol:

Indeed Monza, that was poetic license ;) Ah, Stingray, despite the strings, I used to find the female characters strangely attractive :eusa_think: I feel a Max moment coming on.....

Wasn't XL5 "On our way 'ome" with the robot thingy? Or was that Supercar?

Well maybe you should go out a bit more often, slap on some "Lynx" aftershave and practice your chat-up lines :D

You know, like Pabloh does :)

Don't see what this has to do with F1 though :D

Can no one explain this to me or can no one else fathom what maure's comment was about?

I'm utterly lost. :blush: (and not afraid to admit it)

What did I tiptoe around? My mother would be proud that I've finally learnt the art, but I can't help feeling it would reassure her if I knew I'd done it.

As for the chat-up lines - I'm fairly rusty in that regard. Been too long since I've needed one. Though having read Pabloh's I shall head out for a night on the tiles and give them a go. Just who will explain my consequent black eye to the missis?

Can no one explain this to me

I'm utterly lost. :blush: (and not afraid to admit it)

Deary me...... OK.... you said:

I still don't get it.

You were talking about Maure's message.

I was being smutty. Hence the comments about getting a chat up line sorted, going out and getting laid....

Deary me...... OK.... you said:

You were talking about Maure's message.

I was being smutty. Hence the comments about getting a chat up line sorted, going out and getting laid....

I understood that Meani - simple enough - I'm dim, but not that dim.

What I don't understand is Maure's message. That's what I'm asking for someone to explain.

My original post...

credit crunch... world financial crisis... standard engines in F1... Alonso threatening departure... what's next?

the winter of discontent is nigh.

Maure's post (in which he quoted my original post).

And you carefully tiptoe around the most amusing part of it all... unsurprising.

I don't undersand.

Manure doesn't even understand himself.

Don't worry about it. He shovels manure so fast he's been employed on a farm to muck it out on the pasture, retiring the Komptech and Mayer in one foul swoop.