Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

Honda Says Goodbye?

Listen my friends. I have it on good authority that the three 'serious' buyers for Honda were/are PSA, Nicky Todt and Prodrive. Old news today, I know. I've been in Canada visting my granchildren. I say 'were' because PSA have now had to deny a report in the Belgian press that they had taken an interest - shareholders would not be happy - so they're probably out because of the leak or in because they engineered the leak - it's all smoke and mirrors. Todt needs some serious cash to get in and his GP2 interest won't fund that! He must have a private buyer(s) in the wings to have declared an interest. We'll see. Richards? Who the hell knows? He has the money. Re-badging the team as Aston Martin or Lagonda would bring a serious amount of kudos and prestige back into a rather battered and tatty Formula which must have Bernie salivating like a St. Bernard, to say nothing of attracting gilt-edged sponsors like Virgin, LVMH, Cartier, Beretta etc. Why Ferrari haven't bought out STR and re-badged it Maserati before now is beyond me. That kind of dove-tails into what I want to say about Buemi's statement that JB would be his preferred team mate. Ye Gods! Without even yet having his seat confirmed, where has young Sebastien gone and got the balls to say that? Well, I'll tell you. From the STR Team Principal, that's where. There is no other way that would have happened - it's a lure, pure and simple. Jens may be as loyal as they come but his patience and options must be wearing thin and STR need his skills and more importantly, his millions! Watch this space.

I see Suzukis pulled the pin on WRC now too.

Subaru have just followed them out.

Thanks, Sid, for giving us more to chew on. Ain't speculation fun.

Jens may be as loyal as they come but his patience and options must be wearing thin and STR need his skills and more importantly, his millions! Watch this space.

Dietrich is having pleasant dreams of British people necking millions of cans of red bull in 2009...

No need to worry about Jenson, he is one of those people that always manage to fall on their feet in life. His F1 career has generally been one of unfulfilled promise yet here he is with a

No need to worry about Jenson, he is one of those people that always manage to fall on their feet in life. His F1 career has generally been one of unfulfilled promise yet here he is with a

'Facetious' is the only word in the English language that includes all of the vowels, in alphabetical sequence. Sorry, please continue.

Silver, purple, orange and month are the only four words in the English language that you can not rhyme, no matter where you place the vowels.

I'm not sorry. Please continue.

Silver, purple, orange and month are the only four words in the English language that you can not rhyme, no matter where you place the vowels.

Surely there are several words which have no rhyme, like: constant, marsupial, revamp, collaborate?

Surely there are several words which have no rhyme, like: constant, marsupial, revamp, collaborate?

oh - you've gone and done it now...

there are some words that rhyme with "constant",

link "infant" or simply "c*nt",

to rhyme along with "marsupial",

I could say 'that's a big long "eel"',

but I won't as murray's already horny,

so let's move on to something less thorny,

next you suggest we can't rhyme "revamp",

but what is murray but a dirty old "tramp"?

last we come to "collaborate",

oh come on murray don't "masterbate".

I'm stopping this now - I remember it got way out of hand last time.

:lol:

I'm going to Manchester, Adamstrags,

so a proper reply will have to wait

but tonight I'll masturbate,

thinking about Adam's hags.

There isn't an English language word that can't be rhymed with, tho don't take the pith.

And Sid, I think Fed Up's post...

There goes my song about the silver, purple and orange marsupial I see every month (no, not you, Paul) :(

There isn't an English language word that can't be rhymed with, tho don't take the pith.

.....could be a small stab at sarcasm, a gaping chasm, 'twixt humour and wit, just his normal, miserable, sh!t.

:P

No, it is not sarcasm.

Button has been very lucky in F1, from his stint at Williams to his rescue by DR at BAR. That he managed to sign this mega contract months before the Honda team pulled out of F1 is very fortunate indeed - Ruebens outperformed him in 2008 and was practically begging to be re-signed, instead the team gave the Brit a $16m (convertion at the time) 3 year contract at a time when their own future in f1 must have been in doubt. Perhaps his value is in sponsorship as his driving hasn't warranted the mega bucks he gets paid.

Ralf is slated for much better comparable performance and he has multiple wins under his belt.

;)

I'm stopping this now - I remember it got way out of hand last time.

I don't remember that :whistling:

Ralf is slated for much better comparable performance and he has multiple wins under his belt.

That's because his wife looks like a whore.

No, it is not sarcasm.

Button has been very lucky in F1, from his stint at Williams to his rescue by DR at BAR. That he managed to sign this mega contract months before the Honda team pulled out of F1 is very fortunate indeed - Ruebens outperformed him in 2008 and was practically begging to be re-signed, instead the team gave the Brit a $16m (convertion at the time) 3 year contract at a time when their own future in f1 must have been in doubt. Perhaps his value is in sponsorship as his driving hasn't warranted the mega bucks he gets paid.

;)

Well Fed Up, then I owe you an unreserved apology. Tbh, the little thing pulling it's tongue :P out was my (inadequate?) way of posting tongue-in-cheek, and I'm not used to you being so pleasant about JB :P <<<<<

As for your post above, I completely disagree (there's no :P on this one :P ) - drivers get paid whatever someone is crazy enough to pay them, by using their judgement of their worth of a driver's skill, sponsor attraction etc etc - good luck to him for making what he can whilst he can, and the same for every other driver too.

I am afraid the walls are shaking people. Vodafone out of cricket and probably McBenz evetually, Tata join Ferrari, [Enzo is rotating in his grave!], DR teasing about Honda as Prodrive lose a major income stream in Subaru and West Ham up for sale - again [don't sack Zola or I'll.........!] F1 is now in breach of contract with the TV companies and there will be at least two, three car teams on the grid if Honda doesn't get a buyer. Where is it all headed? I will not believe we are racing next year until the lights go out in Melbourne.

.....could be a small stab at sarcasm, a gaping chasm, 'twixt humour and wit, just his normal, miserable, sh!t.

:P

Well, stab away I say. All I can say, is it's a good job I'm not his friend - I'd have lost him first. :P

No, it is not sarcasm.

;)

Adfjskdfdkafdivcnkv;sdfhadsfnfdalkkvpofdjgiodanfksda,f;sdajkjvdsk,

dafdajfoidasjfioedsnklfd[pfdsoihdfds;lald['saiporeigfdsl;cl][adsjifdnmbl;fdl[dioashjkdksak

Thats all I see when I read your posts. I'm sure you appreciate my honesty.

I am afraid the walls are shaking people. Vodafone out of cricket and probably McBenz evetually, Tata join Ferrari, [Enzo is rotating in his grave!], DR teasing about Honda as Prodrive lose a major income stream in Subaru and West Ham up for sale - again [don't sack Zola or I'll.........!] F1 is now in breach of contract with the TV companies and there will be at least two, three car teams on the grid if Honda doesn't get a buyer. Where is it all headed? I will not believe we are racing next year until the lights go out in Melbourne.

I WILL believe, as long as Hallelujah makes the charts, as long as Bruce keeps pulling fit women, as long as Dribs posts genius stuff and Monza the very short genuius stuff, as long as Paul is shagging Muzza, I believe.

Whoa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now I feel good, I knew that I would.... :P

The Force is strong in me, I have large underpants just thinking about F1's New Dawn, and her best mate, Jean.

Chilver is a female lamb, curple is the back end of a horse. The other two you may be right on though.

I'm not sorry either.

I don't remember that :whistling:

:D

Blorenge and Grunth. (yes, they are real)

Sporange doesn't count.

As she bit into the orange,

Murray was staring at her minge?

I'm always sorry.