Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

A Completely Hypothetical Scenario

To help this thread remain unlocked, let's keep things hypothetical.

What if a member signed up to tf1, driven only by a pathological hatred for a certain successful driver, and who incessantly posts mindless crap and attacks and insults everyone else, and frankly is very very tiresome.

What if we ignored such a member?

Resisted replying to his posts.

Never quoted a single post of his.

Left his grand threads with zero replies.

Won't the lack of attention drive him away?

So who's in for this hypothetical campaign, should things ever come to that?

There is also the rolleyes approach: in reply to his post, just post

:rolleyes:

Imagine if one of his rants about Hami err... the driver he dislikes gets 10 :rolleyes: from 10 different members and nothing else.

Wouldn't that be hilarious, if nothing else?

Imagine if one of his rants about Hami err... the driver he dislikes gets 10 :rolleyes: from 10 different members and nothing else.

To pick on Graham like that would be terrible Cav. I'm surprised at you :rolleyes:

Do you mean something like "censure, condemnation or disapproval expressed especially by public opinion"? I thought we told the twat often enough anyway :lol:

:lol: ...Ive already done that! :P ...never mind all that Cav...we do need clowns like him to keep a diverse culture in this forum! ;)

What if we post up a petition to ban this "imaginary" member who posts this mindless boring crap & insulting everybody else??

No need to ban you, Cav. You'll get over your obsession with Alonso one of these days.

I feel so generous!

No need to ban you, Cav. You'll get over your obsession with Alonso one of these days.

I feel so generous!

He was talking about you, actually Andres - baldism at its worst :)

Cav, I can't imagine to whom you are referring, but I will add two things:

1) Blah, Blah, Blah :)

2) .... and more importantly - wtf? You may not like someone's postings but what gives you the right to alienate them? Free speech and all that AND sometimes you are just as inflamatory and obtuse. Judge not others unless you are willing to be judged.....

I get irritated just as much as anyone else but it is the mix that makes it interesting....

Hypothetically speaking, this would be stupid and fascist in a way, to try and drive someone out this way.

This is an internet forum and everybody has the right to share their opinion about everything.

Agreed you or anybody may not like somebody, but so what? Nobody but the owner of this site and the mods have the right to make such a decision.

Should I remind a hypothetical somebody that his views were once regarded as idiotic and was "bullied" in this very forum, even though he was right?

Personally I may find some members here intolerable, not that hypothetical one, but I don't bitch about it, I reply to them in a proper manner.

2) .... and more importantly - wtf? You may not like someone's postings but what gives you the right to alienate them? Free speech and all that AND sometimes you are just as inflamatory and obtuse. Judge not others unless you are willing to be judged.....

Don't bring up free speech, I didn't ask for censorship. We're giving someone a lot of pleasure that he seems to get from attention and from poting the same crap again and again.

It's obvious that it's not someone just with an extreme opinion - DOF and MW fit that category. Just someone taking the p**s, continuously. By all means, give him respect, I will indulge in some reverse hedonism all by myself :D

I get irritated just as much as anyone else but it is the mix that makes it interesting....

There is not much of a mix left here any more.

Hypothetically speaking, this would be stupid and fascist in a way, to try and drive someone out this way.

This is an internet forum and everybody has the right to share their opinion about everything.

Agreed you or anybody may not like somebody, but so what? Nobody but the owner of this site and the mods have the right to make such a decision.

Should I remind a hypothetical somebody that his views were once regarded as idiotic and was "bullied" in this very forum, even though he was right?

Personally I may find some members here intolerable, not that hypothetical one, but I don't bitch about it, I reply to them in a proper manner.

You are correct, of course. However, maure is an arsehole.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't bring up free speech, I didn't ask for censorship.

You say Po-tay-to I say po-tah-to....

We're giving someone a lot of pleasure that he seems to get from attention and from poting the same crap again and again.

You have an ignore function - use it, achieves the same end.

This all just reminds me of when I was about 5 in school when people used to "gang up" on someone else because they were different. Don't get me wrong, if you want to do that individually, not a problem, but to try to co-ordinate some sort of mass action and actually bothering to write a thread about it.....

In fact by writing this stupid thread all you have done is added fuel to the fire - proof of "Lewisteric violence"....... (ick, hate even using the phrase) <sigh>

I find this post sexist. I mean, its all he, he, he. What if it was a she? :P:P :P :lol:

Have to say though, I'm with Meanioni - with all due respect, Cav - its targets like you who are the easiest and you've just gone and proved it.

I bet Maure is chuckling to himself right now, reading this.

You say Po-tay-to I say po-tah-to....

Oh bulls##t, you bring up free speech when this is nothing to do with free speech.

Its also a bit cowardly and sad that you have dress this up as "hypothetical" and avoid all mention of Maure's name when its quite obvious to whom you are referring.

Just that much easier to get a thread locked with a personal attack

As I said, by all means carry on, you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Pretending this is about free speech - haha

Someone is posting to have their own fun at the expense of the forum, I couldn't care less because I have no interest in F1 unlike you all. People like that have to go through life without a captive audience, but you are so proud to be that.

You like him, you can keep him :D

I find this post sexist. I mean, its all he, he, he. What if it was a she? :P:P :P :lol:

Have to say though, I'm with Meanioni - with all due respect, Cav - its targets like you who are the easiest and you've just gone and proved it.

I bet Maure is chuckling to himself right now, reading this.

Indeed Steph! Only I think you'll find it's, " _chuckling_ " :lol:

Whilst some have found Cav starting this thread out of kinter with 'free speech' etc, I'm not surprised someone did it. What Cav's done is free speach after all :lol:

There's not many forums that would allow the kind of plop he (she? nah! unless she's the butch half) posts, but then again, some of us would probably be banned for our swearing and venting off too.

Lot's of pc comments here (which I'm not into generally, it's stuffed down our throats every day), and Meani Wan's comments about the playground are so true. So using a similar analogy, I'd prefer to choose between meeting the playground prick behind the bike sheds on my own, not with a crowd, or choosing to ignore 'it'.

Oh bulls##t, you bring up free speech when this is nothing to do with free speech.

As I said, by all means carry on, you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Pretending this is about free speech - haha

Someone is posting to have their own fun at the expense of the forum, I couldn't care less because I have no interest in F1 unlike you all. People like that have to go through life without a captive audience, but you are so proud to be that.

You like him, you can keep him :D

I'd say making a thread about maureen's behaviour is a greater reaction than any mountains or molehills posted as a consequence :P

So what the fcuk are you doing here, and if you couldn't care less, why make this thread? :lol:

Fcuk it. Mods! Ban 'em both :lol:

I wonder how _I_ could turn this thread into a personal attack.

Hold on! I just did by laughing at you.

Bring on the insults now.

Hold on! You were insulting from the first post.

I wonder how long it wil take for someone to blame me for your insults and personal attacks.

Hold on! That's the point of this thread.

Hilarious. Truly. This thread is as contradictory as your posts always are but, for once, you've managed to make it amusing too. I find this considerate and endearing and I want you to know that I appreciate the effort. Thank you.

To pick on Graham like that would be terrible Cav. I'm surprised at you

:lol: Fun fun fun. Another hysterical hater. Your violent goof ups whenever my name is brought up make me _smile_.

I feel so generous!

:) Someone should do a tally of how many posts from Andres boil down to 'everyone is the same'. If Andres' posts were truly representative of people, I'd have to agree. :P

someone just with an extreme opinion - DOF and MW fit that category

:lol: True.

I will indulge in some reverse hedonism all by myself

It's more fun with someone else!

This all just reminds me of when I was about 5 in school when people used to "gang up" on someone else because they were different. Don't get me wrong, if you want to do that individually, not a problem, but to try to co-ordinate some sort of mass action and actually bothering to write a thread about it.....

I tend to agree with Cav that this analogy doesn't quite work. No one's ganging up on Maure because he's different. We ''gang up'' on him because he's clearly taking the p**s, rather than genuinely airing his opinions.

I find this post sexist. I mean, its all he, he, he. What if it was a she?

If she were pretty then we wouldn't mind at all. See? We're not sexist - we like women.

Bring on the insults now.

Cav, you have no idea how much I wish that was true :D

You're still green for the forum :P

Anyway, my (probably not very well made) point was that someone is having a huge amount of fun at everyone's expense here and dragging down forum quality, without the slightest interest in having a legitimate discussion. (Look up trolling, and then look at you know who's posts in the thread he started in the f1 forum for further explanation if you need it).

There is a common internet saying: don't feed the troll, I wanted to see if anyone was willing to give that approach a go, if it could result in a change in posting style.

I guess not, all power to you then, that's all I have to say on this. Have a good day (yes even mr. you know who :) ).

It has nothing to do with free speech or playground bullying :S I still don't get the analogy.

:) Someone should do a tally of how many posts from Andres boil down to 'everyone is the same'. If Andres' posts were truly representative of people, I'd have to agree. :P

Denials, denials, plus insults. I _am_ chuckling now.