Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5P33D3V1L

Is It A Crime...

to like the look of the new 2009 regulations Mclaren?

51608_2.jpg

51621_2.jpg

I hate the look of the Williams and BMW but for some reason the Mclaren looks good with a massive front wing and a small rear wing.

Though it reminds me of an American Open-Wheel racer which cant be good...

Yes. Its a crime.

I've heard it won the "International Best F1 2009 Manufactured in a Woking Based Company Car Since The Big Bang" given away by an impartial jury composed of Macca's fans.

They didn't see that one coming.

I've heard it won the "International Best F1 2009 Manufactured in a Woking Based Company Car Since The Big Bang" given away by an impartial jury composed of Macca's fans.

They didn't see that one coming.

:lol:

That looks like the old rear wing. Too low and too wide to be the new one.

Yeah your right, Mclaren have yet to run a full 2009 rear wing.

Yes. Its a crime.

Agree, but in saying that it may take some time to adjust, and become comfortable with the new look. I remember when width of the cars was reduced with the addition of grooved tyres in 1998 the cars looked really weird for a while but then developed into the wonderful looking cars we had until Brazil 2008.

Yes thats a 2008 rear wing. They are only testing the front wing at Jerez.

The new cars will grow on you.

The 'ockers will remember when the Ford Falcon first changed to the 'organic' shape it now is...gawd they looked fugly, but now they look alright, and a Walkinshaw one looks almost edible.

Yes thats a 2008 rear wing. They are only testing the front wing at Jerez.

The new cars will grow on you.

The 'ockers will remember when the Ford Falcon first changed to the 'organic' shape it now is...gawd they looked fugly, but now they look alright, and a Walkinshaw one looks almost edible.

Yup, the AU Falcon was shocking, but your right it's evolved into a great looking car which we have now in the FG Falcon. You talking about the W427 or the VL Group A Walky?? Both are awesome, both are edible!!!

Fawck, I dunno...just saw one last week, and there's been a ute version (silver and black) parked up the road from work...drool....

Lets not judge until the new cars are rolled out next year.

Those pics are of a 2008 mclaren with a different nose & front wing (I believe)

No actually Andres, its a 2008 spec rear wing. :)

Are you sure? Because it seems like a 2008 spec rear wing to me.

I agree that the cars will probably develop and grow into beautiful things...

Oh and surprised no one has mentioned this but, I think that's a 2008 spec rear wing on the Mac.

Nah....its a 2007 rear wing, with a few refinements, I believe they used for some duration in the year of 2008...

It's the Ferrari wing Mclaren were going to use in '08, seems they never got around to binning those, looked too damn nice.

Now without being the one who takes this a little far, that rear wing on the McLaren is actually version number 34 of design concept MP4-23/bg47983 which was part number VMM46579300831SE673 so there you go. Ummm yeah, somthing is telling me that was the post that took the running joke a little too far :lol:

Now without being the one who takes this a little far, that rear wing on the McLaren is actually version number 34 of design concept MP4-23/bg47983 which was part number VMM46579300831SE673 so there you go. Ummm yeah, somthing is telling me that was the post that took the running joke a little too far :lol:

You can tell all that from looking at the photo? I am not worthy <bows> :)