Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Is Buemi Any Good?

So Buemi has the first STR seat - but is he any good? He's topped the times at the last test, but since when have testing times been true indications of performance?

So is he the next big thing? Do we rate him? Do we put a tenner on him to win a race in 2009 at the local bookies?

Graham must be ecstatic. Standard first names for all drivers.

:lol: Some of them try to gain an advantage by changing the final 'e' to another 'a'. I hope the FIA stamps that out. Anyone silly enough to have 2 'a's in their name should be shot on sight.

:lol: Some of them try to gain an advantage by changing the final 'e' to another 'a'. I hope the FIA stamps that out. Anyone silly enough to have 2 'a's in their name should be shot on sight.

Graham, you better get running. :lol:

To answer the question, he does seem rather quick - here's to hoping.

Outpacing Sato and Bourdais is no mean feat, so I guess the boy is one to watch.

I agree. The fact the he was three 10ths up on Vettel in an RB today say a lot more about him than his STR times did last week.

Graham, you better get running. :lol:

To answer the question, he does seem rather quick - here's to hoping.

:lol: I think I'm safe from you - you'd probably just steal an A instead. I'd become Gram and you'd be Stash.

:lol: I think I'm safe from you - you'd probably just steal an A instead. I'd become Gram and you'd be Stash.

:lol::lol::lol:

Even with the usual disclaimer of testing means nothing because of fuel loads etc etc, I would say that Buemi looks a strong driver. I've seen the line 'Buemi tops Jerez Test' about four times in a row now, and he outpaced Vettel, so he can't be too bad in terms of speed.

When he actually has a season under his belt we'll see if he has any racecraft, I remember seeing him before and not being massively impressed.

:lol::lol::lol:

I just noticed your sig, and funnily enough I highlighted the spoiler first 'cos I noticed that first, even after I'd read it I still clicked :lol:

I like my brain.

I did the same - the black strip stands out more, plus I can't read anyway. Wish I had George's brain. :P

Not being able to read I have no idea what cars anyone's driving atm. Seb is in a RB, whereas Seb has an STR, right? Perhaps the STR sheds some light on why Seb did so well.

Has this been confirmed now?

I have seen nothing to that effect. The second seat is definitely a buy drive which Bourdais and Sato are struggling to find sponsors for. If JB comes in, I imagine he may be on a 'results-only package' and if that is the case, Buemi will need to raise some cash for his ride. The whole thing is as clear as mud, to be frank.

I just noticed your sig, and funnily enough I highlighted the spoiler first 'cos I noticed that first, even after I'd read it I still clicked :lol:

I like my brain.

I'm gonna try that for real with a 'touch me here' badge. HA! IDIOTS!

Beumi looks like the idiot b#####d child of Justin Wilson and David Blane.

Will he be the new Sebastian Vettel?

or the new Nelson Piquet JNR...

Something tells me that this guy may be somewhere in between that but we shall see, he's definitely quick enough. Has he got the consistancy?

Button and Buemi would be a very handy driver line up for STR.

Will he be the new Sebastian Vettel?

or the new Nelson Piquet JNR...

Something tells me that this guy may be somewhere in between that but we shall see

Oh, not another Glock!

He may be well regarded but until he actually drives the car competitively, we have no idea as to how he will perform.

I wait to be convinced.

Logical as ever. Good to see you back around here.