Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oli

Honda Rescued!

Well, I dunno. Both Der and Dribs have got all these wonderful sauces inside Honda feeding them information. I was feeling left out and approached some of my own:

- I thought Miss Cran Berry, from their PR team was going to be sweet, but she turned out to be a little tart

- Mr Hoi Sin from Honda's aero division simply ducked everything I threw at him

- Mrs Bechamel from their marketing area just appeared to be very thick

- Herr Heinz Ketchup from their engine team admitted there were many potential options for Honda, around 57 varieties, I am told

- And as for Colonel Mustard, well he was caught doing bad things with the lead piping in the pit lane garage

:D

Well, I dunno. Both Der and Dribs have got all these wonderful sauces inside Honda feeding them information. I was feeling left out and approached some of my own:

- I thought Miss Cran Berry, from their PR team was going to be sweet, but she turned out to be a little tart

- Herr Heinz Ketchup from their engine team admitted there were many potential options for Honda, around 57 varieties, I am told

- And as for Colonel Mustard, well he was caught doing bad things with the lead piping in the pit lane garage

You need help

:lol:

:lol: , a post that finally makes sense in this thread! :P

:rofl:

Well. Here we are. The Big Friday. Throughout this whole debacle, I don't think there has been a single consideration for the the fans at all. For sure, the people who are walking out of Brackley as I write are the team's most important consideration but communication with the press and the outside world in general has been abysmal. The latest news on the team's website concerns a racing boot competition last November! The last bit of news on Jenson Button's site related to the Race Of Champions last December. Excellent PR. I rang Brackley today, saying I was from a major daily newspaper and was told there was no one on site who could answer my questions. I was told to email an outside agency to have my credentials checked and if successful, I would be put on a mailing list. Wow! I doubled checked to make sure I hadn't called Guantanamo bay by mistake! Basically, it's just not good enough. Honda are still calling the shots and as such, should behave like the responsible multinational giant they are. I cannot think of another company of comparative size, anywhere on earth who would have drawn such an impermeable blanket of silence and secrecy over this matter and, for so long. It is certainly grossly unfair to Jenson Button's considerable army of supporters worldwide and those true blue Honda fans who supported the team through the atrocious embarrassment of the past three seasons. Shame on you, Honda.

I stand true to the last sentence right down to the full stop.

As the site admin for Jenson's site, I've tried to pull strings myself but obviously to no avail. Certain people who I know work extremely closely to Jenson have not been able to give any more information - I think its a load of ****ing bollocks to be honest, and maybe sent a nasty worded email to a certain white-toothed idiot telling the person to pull his finger out of his arse and speak the truth for once.

Still have heard nothing. Expect once all is confirmed bang goes my admin position. :lol:

You should have gone down to the kitchens and asked the twin brother chefs Wan and Fu King.

I stand true to the last sentence right down to the full stop.

As the site admin for Jenson's site, I've tried to pull strings myself but obviously to no avail. Certain people who I know work extremely closely to Jenson have not been able to give any more information - I think its a load of ****ing bollocks to be honest, and maybe sent a nasty worded email to a certain white-toothed idiot telling the person to pull his finger out of his arse and speak the truth for once.

Still have heard nothing. Expect once all is confirmed bang goes my admin position. :lol:

Steph, the cleaners at Brackley have probably signed confidentiality agreements too! JB probably knows less than you do! There is clearly communication between Jens and Franz Tost. Tost has warned the press that they may not announce the second seat until they're loading the kit for Melbourne. Some say it's because Bourdais and Sato need more time to raise sponsorship and the first man to put the cash on the table gets the drive. However, the scuttlebutt has it that they would be more than delighted to have Button on board. If I were advising him, he would have already signed. There will be one or two three car teams in 2010 and although the extra seats are likely to stay 'in house', a good show in a proven car would do Jenson more good than harm. Honda may take a hiatus year - it may be their only option - with JB returning when things are rolling. Prodrive may enter by buying up whoever's for sale at the season's end and Jens gets a ride that way. There is no doubt the field will shrink next season. I can see us being without Williams, Toyota, STR and Renault for definite.

Bernie rattles on about teams being able to run three cars with the extra cash they can generate from selling drivetrain packages - but, to who? With many sponsors now coming under serious financial pressure, there could be further losses of funding for certain teams, even at this late juncture. I firmly believe STR are waiting for Jenson, who is waiting for Fry, who is waiting for............God knows who or what! Personally, I have a new album to write and a book to finish and I shall be slipping off to warmer climes for a while - unless of course, a 'nugget' of info comes my way - in which case, I shall share it with you all. TTFN.

@ Dribd how come your avatar ain't bouncing up & down like normal???

Not sure Danny. Story of my life really. Just when I want things to get bouncy, they act like wax works.

B) Ola! Looks like I got out of the UK just in time. Dribs bouncing tits gone west and snow everywhere! Just read a story in the Spanish sports daily, Marca suggesting Button has told STR that he doesn't feel he should have to pay for his drive after 8 years in F1 - Red Bull Racing have stated categorically that they cannot fund two drivers at STR. The article also quoted Bourdais as confirming he now has the required amount of sponsorship in place, yet he is still waiting for the team to confirm him in the seat. The author suggests STR have got the whole thing arse about face and should have asked Buemi to fund his seat if they were really after Button - Tost's declared No.1 choice to lead the team. More interestingly, the piece goes on to report that Button was overheard at dinner in Monaco with DC last week saying, he was seriously considering the STR seat after Dave Richards pulled out but would rather retire than have to pay for a drive. All hearsay, apart from the quote from Bourdais - but interesting - no?

Go have fun Sid, we'll see what's up when it's up...

And meanwhile, it's snowing on Brizzle and it's soooo nice :D (though I suspect I'm the only one enjoying it XD)

Funny what you learn though eh.

I assumed, or rather read, that Albers was the last pay a few years back.

Nakajima can also be considered as a pay driver or he comes free with Toyota engines! :D

B) Greetings from Espana! Mad Max is widely quoted this morning as saying that the Brackley team's hopes of Formula One survival appear to depend on a management buyout led by Ross Brawn with JB leading the team and Bruno Senna, his most likely partner. There were quotes from Senna in the press here yesterday saying he did not know whether he would be racing or not this year - he was waiting on a decision from Brackley. Moseley went on to say that he expected to see the team in Melbourne though if they didn't show it would bolster the FIA's initiative in trying to cut costs. Good luck, Ross.