Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oli

Honda Rescued!

So er, any news or what? Should we give up on Honda?

No, and no. We beat Jerry didn't we? :P

Well, I think most have run out of patience and are tired of the wait Jez - the rumour-mill is still busy, with many saying the silence was due to nothing in the pipeline.... now saying that if there was no chance, then the news would definitley be out by now, so the chances must be good!

They will be in Melbourne ;)

Surely you jest....

No. We beat Jerry fair 'n square :lol:

And about the other? No I'm not jesting Handy. And joking apart, I do know that up until last week, they were still ordering, and taking deliveries of something extremely important to all F1 teams.

I feel such a twat posting this, I hate it when someone says 'I can't tell you because.......'. But I can't say more! - I do want to say though, it's not a guarantee they would survive, just my opinion that for what they are having delivered, there's no sense in them ordering it unless they were in a rush to get to Melbourne, and are still working to that deadline.

I sincerley apologise for the twatish I-can't-tell-you-post, but when it's all settled one way or another, I can say then. Then you can either thank me or put my nuts in a G clamp :P

Ola B)

What John is inferring, I believe, is that the sort of manufacturing processes one would expect to see, from a team that was getting ready to race this year are currently taking place at Brackley, Jez. This is my information too. They will be in Melbourne and they'll be running a long way of the pace but my 'friends' at Enstone believe they will be there. They don't have to say anything to anybody, do they? They just have to show up. They are a 'paid-up' entry, after all.

With just over a month to go till Melbourne, I doubt Honda will be rescued!

Who said they haven't been? If there has been an internal buy-out, they're not obliged to announce it. I can hardly see Honda continuing to fund the payroll and indeed the ongoing development of the car, some arrangement hasn't been arrived at. Can you?

I'm not sure whether to be pleased even if they do turn up at Melbourne, as surely its just going to be a 3rd straight year of lagging at the back.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that if they do have a new car, they havent tested it at all, so they're already way behind everyone else

Agreed.

The entry is in and acepted so one assume they will be on the grid.

...without a car launch or any form of testing??????????

Wishful thinking it seems to me.

I'm not sure whether to be pleased even if they do turn up at Melbourne, as surely its just going to be a 3rd straight year of lagging at the back.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that if they do have a new car, they havent tested it at all, so they're already way behind everyone else

All too familiar for Honda.

On a positive note at least the drivers would still be on the grid. Being lapped three times is better than watching the race on tv. :(

As a general reply regarding the timescales, which are as tight as a duck's arse. Vijay M recently said this:

No team has had enough testing and so, the first couple of races will be shakedown races. From Barcelona onwards, we will be seriously competitive,

Well, Button ain't going anywhere else.

Seems a shame as there are worse drivers on the grid.

If there is no Honda F1 (which i think there will be if they perform well at Melbourne, Honda are just giving them a chance me thinks).

Then Button will probably take over Piquet Jnr at Renault (if he performs like he did last year).

Button and Alonso as a driver pairing is very very strong indeed.

Who said they haven't been? If there has been an internal buy-out, they're not obliged to announce it. I can hardly see Honda continuing to fund the payroll and indeed the ongoing development of the car, some arrangement hasn't been arrived at. Can you?

Honda did say they would continue to fund the entire operation until the start of the season to help aid the sale.

If there is no Honda F1 (which i think there will be if they perform well at Melbourne, Honda are just giving them a chance me thinks).

Then Button will probably take over Piquet Jnr at Renault (if he performs like he did last year).

Button and Alonso as a driver pairing is very very strong indeed.

I doubt that Jenson will find his way into the Renault. Fernando ain't all that keen on a driver who can take the challenge to him, hence the reason why Nelsinho was retained for 2009. But that's another well discussed story.

The biggest problem any buyout of Honda faces is the matter of who will supply them with engines??? Its one thing to find someone to supply the engines at such late notice, and yet another to integrate the new engine to the chassis in a race against the clock.

Wouldn't put my bits on the line for this site, but it's not bad - source http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21178.html

FEBRUARY 12, 2009

Senna signs for Honda?

According to our sources Bruno Senna has now signed for the Honda Racing F1 team - and an announcement that the team will be going ahead will be made soon. The team is expected to use Mercedes-Benz engines and Senna will be partnered by Jenson Button. Backing for the team - the name of which has yet to be announced - is expected to come from Petrobras and probably one or two of Senna's personal sponsors.

It is not clear when the announcement will be made.

There have been some rumours in recent days that the team may have the backing of none other than Bernie Ecclestone. This would not be a surprise as Ecclestone is keen to make sure that the teams are not unanimous within the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) and having a financial interest in one of them is a good way to ensure that this happens.

It is believed that the majority of the money to run the team will be coming from Honda itself as it is cheaper to pay to keep the team alive than it is to lay off all the staff.

Honda+Merc+Ecclestone+Bruno Senna+Button...

They should be renamed to Team Frankestein

:lol:

I do think we should keep to a particular theme and since we already have Team McDonald's for Renault, courtesy of yourself, then this 'new' team should be another fast food chain, so I propose Team KFC. In this case it would stand for Kan't Find the Championship :whistling:

The biggest problem any buyout of Honda faces is the matter of who will supply them with engines??? Its one thing to find someone to supply the engines at such late notice, and yet another to integrate the new engine to the chassis in a race against the clock.

Ola B) I have been made aware that they had 4 MB lumps delivered some weeks back. I am also aware they have had carbon fibre cloth delivered too. In answer to your previous response to my query over continued Honda funding? I think I am right in saying that it was wholly dependant on the current management convincing Honda there was a viable sale ongoing at Jan 31. Correct me if I am wrong. Either way, it would appear that hardened JB fans such as I, may breathe again - at least for now.

:rofl:

Ola B) They'd neeed to have Hamilton on board for that to work :lol:

Q One...

They should be renamed to Team Frankestein

Corset should, and in order to arouse His Maxness bring back some of the sheer entertainment after being in such a tights corner, a slight change of name to 'Team Frankenfurter'. The team wear will reflect this new, post-too-serious-Japanese team.

post-1536-1234457239.jpg

"Ohhh, Brawn, you're such...... a mannn............"