Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oli

Honda Rescued!

More crap...

Honda team future looking 'good'

By Jonathan Noble Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 12:38 GMT

Efforts behind the scenes to safeguard the future of Honda Racing remain on course, autosport.com has learned, despite Japanese bosses suggesting on Monday they can see no 'serious buyer' for the outfit.

A statement earlier this week from outgoing Honda CEO Takeo Fukui, following a board meeting in Japan, suggested that the Japanese car manufacturer was losing faith in being able to find someone to take over the running of the outfit.

"There are various offers for the team but we have not seen any serious buyer yet," Fukui said. "We find the sale process difficult."

However, despite those comments appearing to be a blow to Honda Racing's chances of preventing the team being shut down, high level sources have revealed that optimism remains high that the matter can be sorted soon.

A senior figure at the team said that despite Fukui's comments the situation was far from bleak, and in fact looked 'good'.

It is understood senior management made it clear from the start of negotiations that they only wanted to press ahead with an option that would safeguard as many jobs as possible at Brackley, and put the team in a position to fight for a top three spot in the world championship.

The most likely outcome from the current situation remains a management buyout, involving both team principal Ross Brawn and CEO Nick Fry. Sources suggest that rumours that the latter has been forced out are

More crap...

:yes:

But, word has just come in that the sale is definitely going through. A friend of a friend's, chef's, best friend's brother's girfriend has just told me on the sly. :lol:

After all the car is gonna be a real contender for the title as Honda spent all last season and the season before that and before that preparing for the 2009 season and their wind tunnel forecasts JB will lift the WDC in 2010 :lol:

12,900 comments and 10+ pages and we're still no further forward.

Over to you Insider ;)

:yes:

But, word has just come in that the sale is definitely going through. A friend of a friend's, chef's, best friend's brother's girfriend has just told me on the sly. :lol:

After all the car is gonna be a real contender for the title as Honda spent all last season and the season before that and before that preparing for the 2009 season and their wind tunnel forecasts JB will lift the WDC in 2010 :lol:

12,900 comments and 10+ pages and we're still no further forward.

Over to you Insider ;)

I am not a writer of fiction, I am a professional musician who worked inside F1 for a while and I simply pass along what I hear, read, deduce or have an opinion on for others to peruse or discuss. After all, it is my understanding that this is the function of a forum, is it not? You clearly have ambitions to become a comedian, which I wish you well with. If extracting the proverbial p**s out of me gives you pleasure, then you are a much sadder man than I thought you may be, especially with an handle like 'Fed Up'. I suggest if you have nothing of a constructive nature to add to this thread, you go and boil your head in oil!

It's all a bit sad I'm the first to agree, but then when you do know someone that's the cat's half embryo , as is the case me moi, then it's a wee bit difficult to not comment when you think there may be some that are interested.

There are parts to all of this that p!ss people off more than others, and as for talk of the team, is it Honduh or the people at the factory, or Smiling Fry, etc? I've no interest in Honda (the car company) - I'm blown away with the stupidity of them (not just now either), but I have a massive interest in what's going to be left of the team, and the car that Brawn seemed so chuffed with.

Look on the bright side, ad nauseum it may be, but no more so than past threads on Religion or Lewis Warming or whether The Earth Croaked In Brazil... then I really would be fed up :P

EDIT: Damn. Sean you beat me to it. Anyway, just speak your mind, don't hold anything back, tell 'em like it is :lol: Next we know there'll be Andres saying how his McDonalds Renault Team has better colours than Team Brackers funeral black :ninja:

I am not a writer of fiction, I am a professional musician who worked inside F1 for a while and I simply pass along what I hear, read, deduce or have an opinion on for others to peruse or discuss. After all, it is my understanding that this is the function of a forum, is it not? You clearly have ambitions to become a comedian, which I wish you well with. If extracting the proverbial p**s out of me gives you pleasure, then you are a much sadder man than I thought you may be, especially with an handle like 'Fed Up'. I suggest if you have nothing of a constructive nature to add to this thread, you go and boil your head in oil!

I've tolerated you for a while now, but it must be said that you have populated this board with nothing but conjecture and nonsense ever since you joined. You seem to have limited opinions on matters F1 other than an apparent obsession, bordering on insanity, for the goings on (or not as it appears) at Honda.

There is a certain arrogance about you. You immediate refer the entire forum to your web page so that we can all appreciate that you are an Oxbridge grad, a musician, ex Renault F1 employee - blah blah blah - we must all bow down to the great Insider with his inside knowledge and superiority complex.

You even have the front to attack valued posters like Puma with your favourite line; " do you know who I am"

Carry on mate because you definitely don't impress me. You have a fantastic CV and you have achieved a lot in your life, but it still hasn't stopped you being a first class pr!ck.

Rant over, carry on

;)

I think the most amazing thing here is that we've gone 18 pages without going off-topic. Even during Spygate we couldn't manage that.

I've tolerated you for a while now, but it must be said that you have populated this board with nothing but conjecture and nonsense ever since you joined. You seem to have limited opinions on matters F1 other than an apparent obsession, bordering on insanity, for the goings on (or not as it appears) at Honda.

There is a certain arrogance about you. You immediate refer the entire forum to your web page so that we can all appreciate that you are an Oxbridge grad, a musician, ex Renault F1 employee - blah blah blah - we must all bow down to the great Insider with his inside knowledge and superiority complex.

You even have the front to attack valued posters like Puma with your favourite line; " do you know who I am"

Carry on mate because you definitely don't impress me. You have a fantastic CV and you have achieved a lot in your life, but it still hasn't stopped you being a first class pr!ck.

Rant over, carry on

;)

Where is Mike anyway? I miss his excellent posts. Same with Monza! :(

I like Insiders contributions. I even like Maure's sometimes! The more the merrier.

Just saying.

Rant over, carry on

;)

:lol: I don't agree but you did make me laugh.

I've tolerated you for a while now, etc etc.

I disagree completely. Lighten up!

I like Insiders contributions. I even like Maure's sometimes! The more the merrier.

Just saying.

The masochist says to the sadist, "hit me!", and the sadist replies "no".

Just saying.

I'm still here. Waiting for the right time to strike. And for Fed Up to grow up.

Rant over, carry on

;)

Who are you to 'tolerate' me? Is this forum some exclusive club over which you preside? If we are talking about arrogance, I should take a hard look at yourself, fella. The referral to my profile was not an ego-massaging exercise, more an explanation to another poster who challenged my use of the moniker, 'Insider'. I offered to remove the profile and change the moniker, if it was causing offence, but was persuaded not to by several other members here, who pledged their support for my continued presence on the board.

On your point about Puma, how long do you have to be a member here before you can 'take someone on', as it were? Once again, you assume the role of God in chiding me for my sins. In reviewing my posts around the time of 'Pumagate', I can't see that I ever used the phrase, 'do you know who I am'. Perhaps you have evidence to the contrary. As for being a 'first class prick', my wife of twenty years would probably agree with you - we have six children.

In all honesty, I could care less about individual teams, Honda included. I am more interested in the progress of drivers, specifically Jenson Button. Of course, the developments at Brackley directly concern Mr Button's career, so I follow them closely. I do post on other topics regularly and will certainly continue too to do so, but be fair there appears to have been little news of greater interest than the Honda story this winter, as this whopping great topic stands testament to.

If you consider, 'close observation' as 'obsession' then so be it - obsessed I am. I should also point out that I get many PMs encouraging me to post more conjecture, nonsense and limited opinions, as you deem my input to be. As you feel you have the right to censure my contributions and 'tick me off' for upsetting other posters, perhaps you should raise a petition to have me thrown off all together! If you don't like what I write - don't read it. If you have issue with it - argue your case. Just don't go throwing your weight around - it won't work with me. And, for God's sake, GROW UP!!!

Q1. Who wields the power over the 'Green Light'?. Q2. What is the 'Green Light'?.

SOURCE GMM:

Despite the looming proximity of the 2009 opener, Honda team boss Ross Brawn is still optimistic the Brackley-based outfit will be in Melbourne.

Departing owner the Honda Motor Co. this week expressed pessimism about the sale, but Team Principal Ross Brawn - linked with a management buyout - is quoted as insisting "there is still good reason to be optimistic."

Germany's Auto Motor und Sport also reports that the 2009 car has been successfully modified to fit a Mercedes-Benz engine, with the first instalment to the German manufacturer already paid.

Brawn explained: "We only need the green light and then we can go.

" By the Swiss newspaper Blick, he is also quoted as explaining that when he is given the green light, the team will arrange to travel to the final test sessions of the pre-season.

Rumours, meanwhile, persist that Nick Fry may no longer be part of the plans for the management buyout. Auto Motor und Sport speculates that his departure could be a signal that Fry's former Prodrive boss David Richards might join the management of the team's new guise.

I've tolerated you for a while now, but it must be said that you have populated this board with nothing but conjecture and nonsense ever since you joined.

:yawn:

A bit harsh methinks. Insider has published some interesting information - and he has at least worked in F1 which is more than most here could say.

As for first class pricks? Well.... look in the mirror buddy.

I'm still here. Waiting for the right time to strike. And for Fed Up to grow up.

I'm still here. Waiting for Honda to grow up.

Got more drama than an episode of EastEnders on this forum. Worse than a bunch of mothers gossiping over who's-child-had-an-asbo first.

As for being a 'first class prick', my wife of twenty years would probably agree with you - we have six children.

Gold :lol:

Well, it was 'till I realised that having two children means my knob is running at a third of potential.... :huh:

Back on thread, 'cuz I jest know you're all so keen to hear more :D Those out there saying a further delay has been brought about because Honduh are now thinking they would like their ball back in a couple of years; makes sense, but really, what a bunch of greedy, stupid fcukwits (Honduh, not Brackley!).

Who are you to 'tolerate' me? Is this forum some exclusive club over which you preside? If we are talking about arrogance, I should take a hard look at yourself, fella. The referral to my profile was not an ego-massaging exercise, more an explanation to another poster who challenged my use of the moniker, 'Insider'. I offered to remove the profile and change the moniker, if it was causing offence, but was persuaded not to by several other members here, who pledged their support for my continued presence on the board.

On your point about Puma, how long do you have to be a member here before you can 'take someone on', as it were? Once again, you assume the role of God in chiding me for my sins. In reviewing my posts around the time of 'Pumagate', I can't see that I ever used the phrase, 'do you know who I am'. Perhaps you have evidence to the contrary. As for being a 'first class prick', my wife of twenty years would probably agree with you - we have six children.

In all honesty, I could care less about individual teams, Honda included. I am more interested in the progress of drivers, specifically Jenson Button. Of course, the developments at Brackley directly concern Mr Button's career, so I follow them closely. I do post on other topics regularly and will certainly continue too to do so, but be fair there appears to have been little news of greater interest than the Honda story this winter, as this whopping great topic stands testament to.

If you consider, 'close observation' as 'obsession' then so be it - obsessed I am. I should also point out that I get many PMs encouraging me to post more conjecture, nonsense and limited opinions, as you deem my input to be. As you feel you have the right to censure my contributions and 'tick me off' for upsetting other posters, perhaps you should raise a petition to have me thrown off all together! If you don't like what I write - don't read it. If you have issue with it - argue your case. Just don't go throwing your weight around - it won't work with me. And, for God's sake, GROW UP!!!

As a person who does not give a crap anymore about Honduh's destiny, I am with you, though.

1) Insightful posts are always welcome , so yours are welcome. Whether some of us care or not about the matter at hand is entirely irrelevant. That's what forums are for.

2) There is no oligarchy here. "Older" members vs "newer" members is stupid. Number of posts mean nothing. I have a high post count, yet 90% of my posts are either stupid jests or fanatic rants againts Lewis.

It's also OK to have a theme you like to discuss the most above any others. Here are some common subjects for some members:

DOF: Drivers aids, technology bans, pre historic F1

Graham (Murray Walker): Spec Cars, winding me up.

Ben (Jenson Rules): Girls Aloud, getting drunk.

Maure: Lewisterics. Their habitat and mating habits.

Piotr: Kubica

Kati: Piotr

Paul, Chris, George and myself. Mostly semen jokes.

As a person who does not give a crap anymore about Honduh's destiny, I am with you, though.

1) Insightful posts are always welcome , so yours are welcome. Whether some of us care or not about the matter at hand is entirely irrelevant. That's what forums are for.

2) There is no oligarchy here. "Older" members vs "newer" members is stupid. Number of posts mean nothing. I have a high post count, yet 90% of my posts are either stupid jests or fanatic rants againts Lewis.

It's also OK to have a theme you like to discuss the most above any others. Here are some common subjects for some members:

DOF: Drivers aids, technology bans, pre historic F1

Graham (Murray Walker): Spec Cars, winding me up.

Ben (Jenson Rules): Girls Aloud, getting drunk.

Maure: Lewisterics. Their habitat and mating habits.

Piotr: Kubica

Kati: Piotr

Paul, Chris, George and myself. Mostly semen jokes.

Andr

Q1. Who wields the power over the 'Green Light'?. Q2. What is the 'Green Light'?.

SOURCE GMM:

Despite the looming proximity of the 2009 opener, Honda team boss Ross Brawn is still optimistic the Brackley-based outfit will be in Melbourne.

How long before the start of Melbourne do teams have to start shipping kit out there? I was under the impression they did everything by sea these days to save costs. We must be getting near the deadline.

Back on thread, 'cuz I jest know you're all so keen to hear more :D Those out there saying a further delay has been brought about because Honduh are now thinking they would like their ball back in a couple of years; makes sense, but really, what a bunch of greedy, stupid fcukwits (Honduh, not Brackley!).

Basically, you're talking about Honda continuing to race under a nom de guerre without openly admitting they made the most stupid call in the history of the company by exiting F1 in the first place - right? Brawn-san is a most honourable and trustworthy gentleman and we'll leave it in his capable hands for a while and call it something else. We're not racing but we are. I get it. Gazumping the old shareholders trick eh? Hmmm, an interesting concept, Meds old chum. Loan Brawn the dosh to keep running then write it off when they re-enter. I am sure that sort of scenario wouldn't faze Brawn but it might give other investors reason for pause and would require some seriously creative accounting at the far end. It probably frightened off whoever Fry was bringing to the table too. However, if the Autosport story that they are off testing, despite remaining in denial over a buyer is true, such a theory could hold water.

How long before the start of Melbourne do teams have to start shipping kit out there? I was under the impression they did everything by sea these days to save costs. We must be getting near the deadline.

Try this:

The cars and spare parts will be transported to European events on specially built trucks, which double up at races as mobile workshops and office space. A team of personnel ('truckies') will ensure prompt delivery and set up of equipment at races. For long-haul races outside Europe, part of the equipment is sent by sea or air freight. Sending by sea takes longer (the freight for Australia in March is sent in January), but the costs are much lower. Air freight is obviously much quicker, but the costs are much higher at around $60 per kilo. With the team taking around 25 tonnes of equipment to each race, it's much more cost-effective to send as much by sea as possible.