Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oli

Honda Rescued!

SIDEPOD created a thread about this already in 2009 Launches!

Fine. I figure it's relevant here to - don't you?

Brawn Racing?

LOVE IT!!!!

I hope that they havn't lost TOO much ground to the other teams. Undoubtedly they wont be scoring points anytime soon but if the car is solid enough then maybe they can claw back some of the ground they lost!

Some people are trying to make a quick speculative buck here. Good luck to them. BrawnF1.com was registered on 16 Feb 09 by someone in Toronto and BrackleyF1.com by Simonas Rudaminas, origin unknown. BrawnF1Racing.com also went to the same Toronto registrant though BrackleyF1Racing.com is still up for grabs. Strange? For the sake of a few bob, Brawn's people should have nailed all combinations of these domains a week or two back, to my mind. Guess it underlines just how late in the day this deal came together - if indeed, it has.

People may get confused, think 'I like that team, they're great' and go out and buy a whole load of Braun hairdressing products.

People may get confused, think 'I like that team, they're great' and go out and buy a whole load of Braun hairdressing products.

Of course. This is exactly what one is trying to avoid.

Its going to be Brawn Racing. Im pretty sure of it.

The F1 team formerly known as Honda Racing F1 is expecting to unveil itself and its new name to the world this coming Thursday [5th].

According to fans' site www.RealHondaf1.com the squad is likely to be called Brawn Racing rather than Brawn Sport, and will confirm their survival at the shakedown of the RA109 at Silverstone later this week.

There is a chance the team could also participate in the scheduled test at Barcelona later this month [March 9-12], while GPUpdate.net understands that Rubens Barrichello will be retained alongside Jenson Button.

Just a shame Fry man may be a part of it :(

No Senna either?

Those two are carrying some hectic ballast. I reckon the name Bruno actually suits the one on the left.

That's speculation, Ayrton me old fruit.

From GrandPrix.com:

Adding to the belief that Honda Racing F1 will be rebadged as Brawn Racing is the news from official filings that Caroline McGrory has been appointed the company secretary. This follows the news last week that McGrory registered the Internet domain names brawnracing.com and brawnracing.co.uk. We would therefore expect to see Honda GP Ltd renamed Brawn Racing Ltd in the course of the next few days.

The company secretary ensures that an organisation complies with relevant legislation and regulations, and keeps board members informed of their legal responsibilities. Company secretaries are the company

Jem, you can be just as muscular if you want to be. I did it once but gave it up because the girls only wanted me for my muscles.

It was the right decision to retain Rubens, even if the season would have been 2.5% better if Senna was in it. Ahh well.

Brawn F1 presents its two Brawn drivers:

Jesse_4_11_071.jpg

Are you the one on the right?

Poor ol Bruno! Lets hope Piquet does so bad that Bruno will replace him mid-season so we can see what Senna Jr. is like!

Who else would get half naked with Paul?

NO WAY!

Fully naked, or nothing.

If Barrichello has been retained then it's a smart move. The car is 'green' as hell and needs an experienced hand to get it into shape. It's a no-brainer for me. It's entirely possible that Norbert Haug could shoe Bruno into a DTM ride and then he'd take on the second Brawn car in 2010 - if he can bring a decent sponsorship package with him. Ross will have to stand on his own two feet financially in 2010 and it will be a matter of 'the guy who pays is the guy who stays'. Piquet is vulnerable, no doubt about it but so then is Renault. Senna would do well to bite the bullet and bide his time. His shot will come.

Rubens Barrichello will retain his seat at the soon-to-be-renamed Honda Racing team provided a sale is successfully completed, according to reports.

Autosport.com reported this morning (Tuesday) that Barrichello has been given the nod over the other main contender for the vacant drive, fellow Brazilian Bruno Senna.

Jenson Button is assured of a place in the new team, but until recently 25-year-old Senna was thought likely to partner him due to a combination of his name, long-term prospects and marketability to sponsors.

Instead it now seems that Barrichello, 36, will extended his record as Formula 1