Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oli

Honda Rescued!

Smashin' ^_^

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/7911490.stm

Ex-Honda team 'seals F1 survival'

By Ted Kravitz and Andrew Benson

Honda pulled out of F1 in December

The former Honda team has been saved and will race in Formula One in 2009, according to chief executive Nick Fry.

Honda pulled out of F1 in December as a result of the global financial crisis, leaving the British-based outfit to search desperately for a buyer.

But Fry said the team had survived thanks to recent cost reductions in F1.

"All the teams and their support have helped Honda survive. [Team principal] Ross [brawn] and I and our 700 employees thank them," he said.

Fry would reveal no further details, saying only that there would be more news "very soon".

The team, whose new name is not yet known, are expected to run their new car for the first time at Silverstone on Friday.

More to follow.

So Fry is still involved.

Sadly, yes. And just to liven things up a bit, so is Mike Gascoyne - seems he's agreed to drop the legal case against VJ Malya, obviously he just wants everyone on the grid to get along. HA!

Will Brawn keep the Rottweiler under control? Yes. I smell a ruthless, efficient, determined team about to do well. Ish. :P Also, they will be using the complete Macca KERS system (don't know when though).

Allegedly, the car is off to Snetterton tomorrow for a shake down, then they get their sunglasses and knotted hankies and off to sunny Spain for the final test session before The Land of Oz.

Oh, and did I mention, they'll be on the grid in Melbourne? :lol:

You beat me to it, Meds. Where do you get the Gascoyne story? I heard he'd been talking to Ilmor but I had ignored it. There is one story that they will shakedown on the Stowe circuit at Silverstone tomorrow and another that they will go to Norfolk. They're probably both blinds and they'll be at Donnington or Brands!

You beat me to it, Meds. Where do you get the Gascoyne story? I heard he'd been talking to Ilmor but I had ignored it. There is one story that they will shakedown on the Stowe circuit at Silverstone tomorrow and another that they will go to Norfolk. They're probably both blinds and they'll be at Donnington or Brands!

From that other forum Sean(are we allowed to mention the names of other forums here? Some are touchy about it) - that one chap that posts once in a blue moon and is never wrong, he must work there.... I think it's Nick Fry :lol: The guy also talks about a very lean team, this is all over the 'net now, here you go...

Snetterton is the new test venue, silverstone couldn't accomadate us. The cars are already on their way there. First shakedown is tomorrow morning. Ross & Nick will make an announcement either this evening or first thing tomorrow morning, we are just waiting on the ok from Honda to announce everything.

Spyker are not involved, that is simply a PR grab as were the Virgin rumours.

We will not use last years motorhome at races, but a much smaller more traditional style one. Our trackside operations will be severly scaled back.

Mike has now signed contracts, his appointment will be announced by Ross & Nick at the press conference.

We have struck a deal with Force India whereby they will agree to allow us use of the McLaren KERS system along with the Mercedes engines, on the condition of Mike ending his legal battle against his former employer.

EDIT: Oh, and did I mention, they'll be on the grid in Melbourne? ^_^

I expect they will do a shakedown at Silverstone since it's only 10 mins down the road from Brackley

Finally this thread got interesting. Unlike some, I like Mike Gascoyne. With him and Ross in charge they should be at least as successful as Force India.

Finally this thread got interesting. Unlike some, I like Mike Gascoyne. With him and Ross in charge they should be at least as successful as Force India.

The Bulldog can be extremely obnoxious but he is a fine engineer. Brawn won't take any s##t from him, mark my words and the combination of these two great minds could turn the new team into a WCC contender in three seasons or less. It's a smart move - the first one they've made, to my mind.

Didnt honda master the kers system? Why are they going to use Mercedes version?!

Im becoming less enthusiastic about this by the second, and I dont rate Mike either, what actually has he acheived in recent years, and there must be a reason as to why he keeps getting fired!

It'll be pretty annoying if they just go bust within 5 races like SA a couple of years ago.

Nick The Prick Fry is still here and i'm quite pleased. Mike Gascoigne is a bit hit and miss, he was at Jordan and Renault and was pretty successful and since I don't feel that he's done a lot.

Good line up, i'd have signed Bruno Senna though.

Well, I know this thread has been boring to some (though to you, I'd say ignoring it might have helped, doh :P )

Personally I've found this whole episode sad, and fcuking mindblowingly unprofessional of Honda, so for me, to see a great chance for most of the staff at Brackley to carry on with what they love to do is magic.

I'm positive Brawn GP will attract its fair share of knockers (ahh, heaven...), and indeed, it's already started! I'm absolutely positive they'll punch above their weight from day one.

Oh, by the way, did I mention they'd be on the grid in Melbourne?!

I mean right from the start, did I? Hmm? Did I? Mwa HA HA! YAHOOOOO!!!!!!

Fed Up? You there fella? :lol::P:P:P

Well, I know this thread has been boring to some (though to you, I'd say ignoring it might have helped, doh :P )

Personally I've found this whole episode sad, and fcuking mindblowingly unprofessional of Honda, so for me, to see a great chance for most of the staff at Brackley to carry on with what they love to do is magic.

I'm positive Brawn GP will attract its fair share of knockers (ahh, heaven...), and indeed, it's already started! I'm absolutely positive they'll punch above their weight from day one.

Well, yesterday 12 a.m.m GMT Honda officially informed that Brawn is the owner of the team and that they will be on the grid in Melbourne.

Somebody else go look up the link...there are plenty of them!

And now, for something completely different, it's time for some gratuitous nudity!

post-1794-1236333745.jpg

Are they going to be on the grid in melbourne?? I'm only asking as nobody seems to have made it clear yet :whistling::lol:

It's great news, though.

Well, yesterday 12 a.m.m GMT Honda officially informed that Brawn is the owner of the team and that they will be on the grid in Melbourne.

Somebody else go look up the link...there are plenty of them!

And now, for something completely different, it's time for some gratuitous nudity!

You've changed Brad............for the better, I might add :lol:

brawnf1.jpg

brawnf12.jpg

bgp001-7-1.jpg

Was it worth the wait? Got a bit of a floppy hooter if you ask me. Nice pods though.

Was it worth the wait? Got a bit of a floppy hooter if you ask me. Nice pods though.

Yeah, I think it it is Ross Russ :P

Indeed, looks like a flacid front end there, front wing looks quite intricate too - for running at such an early stage anyway. I hope the time spent in the wind tunnel instead of the track has worked for them, but for them to making the last two test sessions (Barc and Jerez) is a bonus.

I have fought off the overwhelming temptation to post. I needed to see the car run. I am virtually speechless. A gigantic feat by Mr Brawn and his associates in a extremely difficult fiscal environment against all odds, to say nothing of the vagaries of having to deal with a ghastly company like Honda. The also had to fight off slime balls like Bernie and other speculators full of wind and p**s. I always felt they and Jens would prevail and have championed their cause all along. I'm elated for them and a little chuffed I picked a winner. Brawn GP rools! Whato Meds?

The wait is over! And thank -insert religious icon- for that!

Button is back, baby! Yee-ha! :clap3::rock::yahoo::punk:

I have fought off the overwhelming temptation to post. I needed to see the car run. I am virtually speechless. A gigantic feat by Mr Brawn and his associates in a extremely difficult fiscal environment against all odds, to say nothing of the vagaries of having to deal with a ghastly company like Honda. The also had to fight off slime balls like Bernie and other speculators full of wind and p**s. I always felt they and Jens would prevail and have championed their cause all along. I'm elated for them and a little chuffed I picked a winner. Brawn GP rools! Whato Meds?

Indeed Sean. I think I'm going to be an annoying fanboy (boy? OK, fanperson :P ) of BGP from now on :lol:

I hope they change the 'Dairy Queen' livery! I like the nose. Thing looks sleek - dare I say, quick!!

I hope they change the 'Dairy Queen' livery! I like the nose. Thing looks sleek - dare I say, quick!!

Let's not get our hopes up. Screw it! BGP 09 Champions!!! :D