Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

F1-daily.

Spain and Italy competing for who can write the most bollocks about Alonso moving. I hope he retires and makes them all look like c#cks.

Would Alonso really turn down a Ferrari for 2009 out of 'loyalty'? If the option was actually there, Alonso staying probably has more to do with the fact Renault got their s##t together more than loyalty. Or am I being a bit cynical? Ah, who cares.

Definitely! They're more bored than we are with the off-season :blink:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090102.012/re...errari-f1-offer

Reports Claim Alonso Turned Down 2009 Ferrari F1 Offer

January 2, 2009 3:31 PM

Fernando Alonso turned down an opportunity to switch immediately to Ferrari out of loyalty to his current F1 employer Renault.

That is the claim of a Spanish newspaper, following authoritative reports from Italy that the former double world champion has now penned a deal to race with the famous Maranello based team in 2010 or 2011.

Diario AS said Ferrari were prepared to put Alonso, 27, into the 2009 race seat of Kimi Raikkonen, who despite winning the title in 2007 had a disappointing season last year.

But Alonso, said the newspaper, put a stop to the deal because it would have left Renault in the lurch less than three months from the start of the 2009 season.

"In short, the Italian team's sudden interest came too late for Fernando," AS said.

fernando-alonso.jpg

Fernando Alonso

:lol:

And why did Ferrari take until 'less than three months from the start of the 2009 season' to decide that Alonso might be worth signing?

Definitely! They're more bored than we are with the off-season :blink:

If you look at various other sites, there are more Bollocks. Several years back, I read in a website that Kimi trashed the s##t out of MS during a personal conversation. :D

And why did Ferrari take until 'less than three months from the start of the 2009 season' to decide that Alonso might be worth signing?

Because they really wanted Vettel?

They were waiting for me Muzza! :P

Nike Launch Porsche GT3 RS Inspired Air Max Lights

by Zack Newmark

January 2, 2009 7:31 PM

Porsche GT3 RS fans may be interested in trying to get a pair of these limited edition Nike Air Max Light GT3 RS shoes. Designed by German retailer Purchaze and shoe customizers Leyp, the shoes were made as a gift to staff of the Porsche Store in Groningen, The Netherlands.

The idea came about when Purchaze opened a retail shop in the northern Dutch city, about 30 miles from the German border. As part of a promotion, Purchaze staffers were driving around in a Porsche Caymanmag-glass_10x10.gif S. The Porsche staff supporting the promotion were given the gifts.

Colors of the shoe will match the only available colors of the car: silver, black, green, and orange. A Porsche logo is stitched into the tongue.

If there are enough calls to Purchaze, Leyp, and Porsche, we would expect to see these shoes hit a wider market. Who knows... maybe they'll even make a similar pair of driving shoes.

porsche-gt3-rs-inspired-nike-air-max-lights_5.jpg Porsche GT3 RS Inspired Nike Air Max Lights Additional Images porsche-gt3-rs-inspired-nike-air-max-lights.jpg porsche-gt3-rs-inspired-nike-air-max-lights_1.jpg porsche-gt3-rs-inspired-nike-air-max-lights_2.jpg porsche-gt3-rs-inspired-nike-air-max-lights_3.jpg porsche-gt3-rs-inspired-nike-air-max-lights_4.jpg porsche-gt3-rs-inspired-nike-air-max-lights_5.jpg porsche-gt3-rs-inspired-nike-air-max-lights_6.jpg

They're disgusting!!

Sorry Murray...

Alonso unhurt in plane incident

By Pablo Elizalde Monday, January 5th 2009, 09:57 GMT

Two-time world champion Fernando Alonso has escaped unhurt following a plane incident in Kenya.

The Renault driver's plane made contact with a building before take-off, damaging one of its wings. Alonso, his wife and the rest of the passengers and crew are fine.

"Fernando indeed had a plane incident yesterday," a Renault spokesperson told autosport.com. "His aircraft touched a building and damaged its wing.

"Fernando and his family are fine. They will be flying back to Europe today. It's apparently not as serious as some people are trying to make it sound."

The Spaniard had spent the New Year in Kenya, where team boss Flavio Briatore owns a resort.

Alonso's manages Luis Garcia Abad said the driver was not even inside the plane.

"It seems that the plane took a blow while they were parking it," he was quoted as saying by The Associated Press. "Fernando wasn't even inside the aircraft.

"We didn't give it the slightest importance and because of that this commotion surprises us. It doesn't even qualify as an accident."

Source

Or perhaps...

Stewart launches attack on Ecclestone

By Jonathan Noble Monday, January 5th 2009, 11:05 GMT

1214919501.jpgFormer world champion Jackie Stewart has launched a scathing attack on Formula One's commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone - claiming he has too much power, has no succession plan and takes too much money out of the sport.

Although Stewart has long been critical of FIA president Max Mosley, in a lengthy interview with The Times on Monday he shifted his attention to Ecclestone

What a waste of a story by the press with the Alonso plane incident.

Obviously he was unhurt, if he wasn't in it.

Oh I don't know, you don't have to be inside to be hurt. I mean if a plane hit you it would bloody sting a bit, unless your Chuck Norris of course, he can't feel pain.

Yeah, I agree, stoopid story.

Okay, how about this??

Damn I'm posting a lotta news today.

You know what? Donny will never happen - not in a decade. They said they had an agreement with East Midlands, to shut them down on race week to accommodate F1 air traffic - it was bull. Most of what Sillett says appears to be from the same cowshed.

You know what? Donny will never happen - not in a decade. They said they had an agreement with East Midlands, to shut them down on race week to accommodate F1 air traffic - it was bull. Most of what Sillett says appears to be from the same cowshed.

I'm sceptical too. We wait, we see.

Perhaps Piquet was piloting the plane. Then it would have been a good story.

No apology needed.

It was a F1 related story.

I didn't apologise :P

Kubica sets up karting team

By Jonathan Noble Monday, January 5th 2009, 13:48 GMT

Robert Kubica has confirmed that he is to play a major role in a new karting team he has set up with manufacturer Birel.

The BMW Sauber driver announced just after the 2008 season ended that Birel were to produce a 'Kubica' kart, although it was not clear then whether or not their collaboration would extend to the Pole taking a more active role with the company.

However, speaking to the official BMW Sauber website, Kubica has confirmed that he will take an active participation in the management of a new team - which will compete at all major international events.

"I've always enjoyed driving karts," he said. "It was a great fun to compete in karting - lots of competition and not so much politics

"I wished to do something active in the world of kart racing - the discipline which allowed me to stand out and take the path leading to F1, and which I still love."

Kubica raced for Birel during his own karting career, scoring fourth places in the 2000 European and World Championships.

Source

One can only hope they've improved it then.

Personally, I hope they fall flat on their arses with it. It is over complicated, unnecessary and costly when it goes wrong. It smacks of arrogant persistence.