Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Info Regarding Oz Gp Tickets

Hi guys!

I'm planning on going to this years oz gp in march and i was wondering if i should advance book them on the official website now or should buy'em in feb or march.........also if you buy a grandstand ticket for the whole three days do you need to buy the general admission ticket as well? i'm currently in gold coast starting my bachelors in b.med.........so i'm planning on going there in march..........are the official formula1 offers really worth it.........and also which is the best way/place to buy a ticket?

Thx in advance! ^_^

Hi guys!

I'm planning on going to this years oz gp in march and i was wondering if i should advance book them on the official website now or should buy'em in feb or march.........also if you buy a grandstand ticket for the whole three days do you need to buy the general admission ticket as well? i'm currently in gold coast starting my bachelors in b.med.........so i'm planning on going there in march..........are the official formula1 offers really worth it.........and also which is the best way/place to buy a ticket?

Thx in advance! ^_^

I would personally book your tickets before flying down to Melbourne for the GP. I've always done it that way, but in the current financial position I believe that the GP will be far from a sell out, so that being said you would be able to get your ticket last minute I should imagine.

The Grandstand ticket includes general admission, so no need to buy general admission tickets as well.

I don't generally do the package thing with accommodation flights and tickets.

Buy your ticket online with Ticketek.

Hope this helps :D

Yup, I agree with Nathan.

Buy via www.ticketek.com.au - you get redirected there from http://www.grandprix.com.au/ as well, which is the OH FISH AL website.

Alot of the hotels/motels/backpackers are prebooked by package dealers (airlines/accom/tickets), but you can still shop around for a deal.

I used http://www.hotelclub.net/ to find my accommodation last year, and stayed at http://www.hotelclub.net/DirectHotel.asp?C...l=&id=40541 for five nights, for about $100AUD a night in one of there hotel/studio rooms which has a TV, double bed and own ensuite, which is all you need when you spend 8-10hours at the track. Bar on site, plus lots of nice young ladies if you're that way inclined staying there. Only takes 10mins (or less) to walk to the gate on the North East corner which takes you in by the Senna and Schumacher stands.

I bought the four grandstands pass - the Jim Clark stand package, which was the Senna stand on the Thursday (good big screen view, and is the corner Heikki passed Alonso at last year), Schumacher Stand on Friday (at entrance to pits and slowest place on the circuit) - I thought this was quite a reasonable grandstand, the Main Straight stand on the Saturday - good big screen, but crap view into pits (I was even directly opposite the Ferrari garage, but two catch fences and the pits being in shadow make it hard to see) and the view of the on-track action is not the best either as due to length of thegfrand stand you really only see 50m of race track. Race day is at the Clark stand at the kink on the back straight, which was where PK Jnr broke down last year. All that for $389AUD or about 120quiddich. Plus of course you are free to roam all the general admission spots, and on the Sunday as you buy via the GP Advantage scheme you get a pit straight walk on Sunday morning at 6am.

Take an FM reciever to tune into the racetrack radio for commentary - I found this signal rather weak, but then it was possibly my cheap-as-bro little radio, but on race day I tuned into a local radio station (the one with Peter Helier on - Nathan might know the frequency), and they had Mark Skaife (wold famous in Australia V8 SUpercar Legend) doing commentary, and it was better than Brundle. They might be doing that again this year.

St Kilda is a good place to base yourself - I almost got run over by Nico crossing the road, got a nod and a wave from DC at the lights, and Honda R.I.P was doing some PR thing down on St Kilda beach, so you are certainly amongst it all. Heaps of bars and cafes, reasonable prices for food etc, and Coles sells the cheapest bottled water by far for the hot days. Food at the track starts at about $5AUD for a booiger, and $3-4 for a 600ml Pepsi, of which the chances are its not been in the fridge long enough to be cold.

Thurs and Friday are good for cruising the GA areas - Historics, support class pit areas (V8 Supercars, Aussie Race Cars (damn fine class), Porsches, and the GT's (Vipers, Lambo's etc), and going from GA grandstand to GA grandstand (concrete three-tier seats) that are spaces sporodically around the track.

Also Thursday is the best day for getting team apparel as there are no queues, and the people manning the stands are not stressed out, and of course there is a full range of sizes still available.

Nathan will suggest that the Brabham stand is the best on race day (turn 1), and I may agree, and this is now offered as a 4-corner pass for only an additional $50AUD - guess the seats won't be as good as what Nathan gets each year, but then he's a posh b#####d and corporate facility is his middle name :P

I did a 6-day jaunt lat year for only NZ $1000 or there abouts (excluding airfare), which at todays quiddich-kiwi exchange is about 350quid. Can you do that at Silverstone, plus get a suntan and have NO traffic hassles???? :P:P

Wow Craig what a sell!!!!!! Are you a Kiwi ambassador for Victorian tourism or something????

That sell makes me want to buy another ticket :lol:

Yeah the FM channel is weak to say the least, so no it wasn't just your cheap radio Craig. I perservered with it though but might make the switch to the other radio station you suggested.

I'm in the Jones Stand which is on the outside of turn one, which has great views of the apex of turn one and the exit and sweeping turn two (DC, Massa shunt in 08 you might remember) and looking down the mainstraight towards the pit exit. Great spot. Especially because i'm on the very edge of the stand giving un restricted views down the straight.

I wish I was posh as you say Craig this year I'm staying in a cheap as $60.00 a night shared bathroom cell. Have scored cheap flights to and from Melbourne with Virgin Blue ($100.00 each way ex Brisbane). But the bad part is that I will be Nigel no friends, as my father is staying in Brisbane. Just might have to find a nice lady friend and one I don'thave to pay for may I just add!!!

Hi Nathan! I'm Victor........i live in varsity lakes......where are you from?

Nice to meet you Victor :D

I'm from the Southside of Brisbane (Wynnum)