Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Jv To Race V8 Supercars?

Villeneuve confirms V8 interest

acques Villeneuve has told radio programme, V8 Insiders, he is keen to race in the 2009 V8 Supercar Championship.The 1997 World Formula One Champion and winner of the 1995 Indy 500 confirmed his management has been in serious discussions with Paul Morris Motorsport about the possibility of racing a Super Cheap Auto Racing Commodore this year.

Now this would be a reason to walk down the road, purchase me a ticket to the Hamilton round and put my bum on the seat in a grandstand.

Me hopes it comes to fruition.

But what about the triple crown he wants to get? He's already won Indy 500 & Monaco GP & came very close to winning Le Mans last year!

I'd like to see him give it a shot. It's a tough series, with a lot of competition!

Its high time JV settled down and focused on one thing, rather than getting kicked out or changing mind etc etc. He is only losing his reputation. I think.

I've just read an interview with him dating back to 2006, after Rascassegate.

He always was a little opinionated but he comes over as very bitter, strangely in relation to his 1997 title and Schumacher in general. He also rubbishes Williams and BMW, claiming that if they want to win then they need him.

Way to go, Jacques.

Now this would be a reason to walk down the road, purchase me a ticket to the Hamilton round and put my bum on the seat in a grandstand.

Me hopes it comes to fruition.

I'm with you Craig, he would be well suited to V8 Supercars, especially with Paul Morris!!! It will be a massive signing for V8 Supercars and may well entice other well know international drivers to the series. I think that Rubens will one day driver Supercars, he has always been a massive fan of the series and Australia in general, and his good friend Max Wilson has completed a few seasons with varied success.

Its high time JV settled down and focused on one thing, rather than getting kicked out or changing mind etc etc. He is only losing his reputation. I think.

I can see your point abbas.

I've just read an interview with him dating back to 2006, after Rascassegate.

He always was a little opinionated but he comes over as very bitter, strangely in relation to his 1997 title and Schumacher in general. He also rubbishes Williams and BMW, claiming that if they want to win then they need him.

Way to go, Jacques.

That attitude will bode well with the team (Paul Morris Motorsports) he has been in talks with. Paul Morris is one of the most outspoken drivers on the grid.

Reading the issue further, he really did have an issue with Schumi, even before Rascasse. Odd, seeing as he won the title against Schumi.

Seemed to want to call the fans nobodies as well, which I felt a little offended by.

I've watched V8's a few times & like the look of the Vodafone Ford's! & does Garth Tander (what an Australian name) drive for them??

I've watched V8's a few times & like the look of the Vodafone Ford's! & does Garth Tander (what an Australian name) drive for them??

The Vodafone sponsored team is owned an operated by 888 Race Engineering (Roland Dane).

I think he drives for Holden Racing.

Correct.