Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

How The 2009 Cars Should Have Looked Like Imo

They would look impressive but I don't think any of the current tracks is wide enough for two of them side by side!! Also those huge suspensions would be a huge hazard for a driver in a big crash!

They would look impressive but I don't think any of the current tracks is wide enough for two of them side by side!! Also those huge suspensions would be a huge hazard for a driver in a big crash!

Those dimensions worked in the 70s/80s/early 90s and the current dimension reductions failed to improve passing, on the contrary.

Wheel need to be clean from wake influence and provide mechanical grip.

Those dimensions worked in the 70s/80s/early 90s and the current dimension reductions failed to improve passing, on the contrary.

Wheel need to be clean from wake influence and provide mechanical grip.

Don't get me wrong, I 'm with you as far as the F1 cars are concerned!

I would like to see the fastest car any team can produce and see drivers and machines to the limit and then decide who's best!

I'm quite certain the drivers wouldn't be able to match the cars though!

I believe the problem does not lie with the dimensions, its just that with so many restrictions the gap has closed, since the "maximum" has been defined.

The best is only milliseconds ahead of the second best, while if we had an open field for innovation, the same teams could have been worlds apart, or not!

Sadly it looks like we 'll never know!