Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Bourdais Confirmed For Str

From here on he shall be referred to as the lucky Frenchman.

From here on he shall be referred to as the lucky Frenchman.

If he screws it up, he shall be referred to as the unlucky Frenchfries.

i think he will do well and he deserves it, IMO hes faster than sato and is used to slicks. Sebastien is faster than you think. And F1 teams should always keep at least one of there drivers from the previous year.

Seb deserves the seat! Sato has never amounted to much other than a crash happy pay driver IMHO :lol:

As for Button maybe he can play the stig more often now. he has squandered too many opportunities, the british media can only get you so far and, now that they have deserted him for Hammy... Button's day is done! just my thoughts

I'd love to know what opportunities he has squandered. Perhaps there is an alternate universe after all? :S

Oh well, Seb best get his glasses cleaned - I do have a pretty strong feeling he will perform well this year.

Well I'm saying Button IS great! DC, however, is nervous:

Coulthard fears for Button future

Jenson Button's Formula One career may be over unless current team Honda find a new owner, former driver David Coulthard has warned.

With every other team having confirmed their line-up, Button's only chance of a drive in 2009 looks to be with Honda, who were put up for sale in December.

"You cannot say 100%, but it would be very difficult to imagine where he goes from there.

"It is a fickle business," said Coulthard, who retired last year.

Coulthard believes his 29-year-old fellow Briton cannot afford to sit out a season if Honda do not make the grid.

"The way the sport is now, there are so many young drivers coming through and there are so many opportunities for teams to pick up these guys," he added.

Honda announced they were pulling out of Formula One in December, blaming the global economic crisis.

The team remain hopeful of a rescue bid, but with the season beginning in Melbourne on 29 March, time is running out.

Coulthard, speaking at the launch of Red Bull's new car in Spain, warned that even if the team are bought out, Button could still experience a hugely frustrating season at the back of the grid.

"Honda, off the back of a bad season, suddenly when they realise they are up for sale start talking that this (their 2009 car) is a winning design and it's a great opportunity for anyone to buy this winning design," Coulthard said.

"I don't think it is a given that it will suddenly be a winning design.

"You would like to imagine that it would be better than what they were given last year but I think the team at the back of the grid potentially could be Honda.

"Whereas going into previous years with Honda he was all full of hope and expectation that this could be the year that Honda will step up, he has to take a different view now.

"He has to now consider himself as driving for a mid-grid, privateer team.

"Whether they can deliver to his expectations or not is more difficult to judge going into this season and presumably longer term he has to be looking to try to make a step up to a manufacturer team."

--------------------------

I dont want to have to change my avatar for 2009. I'm a loyal JB fan and need him in F1

Rrrrrring rrrrrring, rrrrrring rrrrrrrrrring,

"Good morning, McLaren group"

"Hello, can I speak to Ron Dennis please?"

"Who's calling?"

"Jenson Button"

"I'm sorry Mr Button, both seats are full at the moment. Would you like to hold in case Heikki f*cks up?"

"Yes, I'll hold".

"Who's calling?"

"Jenson Button"

"I'm sorry Mr Button, both seats are full at the moment. Would you like to hold in case Heikki f*cks up?"

"Yes, I'll hold".

:rofl:

"Who's calling?"

"Jenson Button"

"Yes, I'll hold".

Jenson at Mclaren... :eusa_think: !

This could be great for both!

Back to the topic, I 'm glad for Bourdais!

He deserves another shot and he has what it takes!

Lets not forget he was a rookie last year and came as a multiple champion in another racing series!

If he was an ordinary F1 rookie, it could have been easier for him! This year he should be better!

"Who's calling?"

"Jenson Button"

"Yes, I'll hold".

I agree, but I think Heikki will see the season out before being replaced by Nico Rosberg for 2010. Lewis and Nico are good friends, so would work well together, and we all know that Mercedes will be keen to have a German driver in the team.

DC must be feeling bad about crashing into Button all the time!

:lol:

Back to the topic, I 'm glad for Bourdais!

He deserves another shot and he has what it takes!

Lets not forget he was a rookie last year and came as a multiple champion in another racing series!

If he was an ordinary F1 rookie, it could have been easier for him! This year he should be better!

I agree 100% - If Seb Buemi beats him (which i think is on the cards when the season gets back to Europe) then its good bye or au revoir, Bourdais.

I agree, but I think Heikki will see the season out before being replaced by Nico Rosberg for 2010. Lewis and Nico are good friends, so would work well together, and we all know that Mercedes will be keen to have a German driver in the team.

Indeedles.

I agree 100% - If Seb Buemi beats him (which i think is on the cards when the season gets back to Europe) then its good bye or au revoir, Bourdais.

Indoodles.

That makes way too much sense.

Jenson's team really is Williams right now (I know I know if he stayed with Williams he most wouldn't be in this sitaution with Honda at the moment) But seriously how can a driver like Jenson be left on the sidelines while a driver (and with all respect) like Nakajima be on the grid.

Frank needs to stop sucking up to Toyota and run Jenson as soon as his contract with Honda terminates. He along side Nico will develop a car that will turn the team around. At the moment you feel that Willaims are fighting with one hand tied behind their back with Naky. Then when Nico jumps ship to join McLaren promote Nico Hulkenberg to the race seat along side Jenson. Would be great to have a Briton back behind the wheel of a Williams.

Sorry we have hijacked Bourdais thread here!!! :lol:

Has Nico done enough to earn a McLaren drive.

I say not.

Had Heikki done enough in 2007 to be worthy of one of the best seats in the sport? Noway.

Sorry, still off topic

The point is that Mclaren couldn't get Rosberg so had to settle for Heikki.

Rosberg has done bollocks all of late and is not (like Heikki) deserving of a top seat. They still have a little time to impress, though.

What's with all the Nakajima negativity, I don't think he compared too poorly to the often highly rated Rosberg last year.

Rosberg has done bollocks all of late and is not (like Heikki) deserving of a top seat. They still have a little time to impress, though.

What's with all the Nakajima negativity, I don't think he compared too poorly to the often highly rated Rosberg last year.

I agree,

Especially with Nakajima part, the kids doing well, I am sure he will chase Nico.

Exactly to the first point.

Nico has been doing okay, the car has really been letting him down certainly towards the end of the season. Nakys first season was okay don't get me wrong, my point was more aimed at how much better off the team would be with the development abilities of Jenson, over that of Naky. I would have Jenson any day over Naky. I'm sure majority of you would agree...............???

Not having a go at Naky, just justifying having him on the grid (and Nelsinho for that matter) and not Jenson. And I know that is no fault of Naky its just hard to realise that some one with the talent of Jenson could quite possibly be sitting at home watching the races come the end of March.

Exactly to the first point.

Nico has been doing okay, the car has really been letting him down certainly towards the end of the season. Nakys first season was okay don't get me wrong, my point was more aimed at how much better off the team would be with the development abilities of Jenson, over that of Naky. I would have Jenson any day over Naky. I'm sure majority of you would agree...............???

Not having a go at Naky, just justifying having him on the grid (and Nelsinho for that matter) and not Jenson. And I know that is no fault of Naky its just hard to realise that some one with the talent of Jenson could quite possibly be sitting at home watching the races come the end of March.

Well I agree it's unfair that someone like Jenson would be out and Naki/Piquet/maybe even Bourdais would be in, and I would probably take Jenson over any of those, for his greater talent though, not for his development skills; I'm not too sure how good those skills are considering Honda's lack of progress, and I doubt his feedback is that much better than Nakajima's tbh - Button certainly isn't the type of driver who pushes a team forward. I don't think Williams would be much better off with Button, they need a driver with great technical feedback and the ability to push in an ill handling car, Jenson's style seems a little too sensitive/precise for that. In a car that really suited him I'm sure Jense would have the beating of any of the drivers above though. What was my point, not sure, I think I agree though :lol:

Maybe I have some kind of Button color blindness but I can't see what does he has over Trulli, for example, yet no big fuzz is ever made over Jarno. Jarno can be blindingly fast, he really made that awful Toyota shine when he could, and we all know very well just how good can be Jarno at defensive driving.

Barrichello was a great driver, even if not outstanding, yet he got more credentials than Jenson to deserve a seat, but he is out in a rather unfair way for a guy that gave so much to F1. I am still waiting to hear the outcries of unfair treatment for good old Rubens.

No, Naki does not compare too bad against Jenson. I think Jenson is better than Naki so far...but I still rate Rubinho and Jarno over JB any day.