Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Pre-season Testing

DLR 7th :D ! Well done to Vettel, lets hope he can do that in the race without the gearbox getting stuck in 1 gear!

Every year we see interesting things during pre-season testing but very few times it shows up in Australia. This year could be different for so many reasons... but look who is at the bottom of the list. Flavio, Flavio... :nono1:

1. Timo Glock (ALE/Toyota) 1'30''979 - 89 vueltas

2. Robert Kubica (POL/BMW) 1'31''327 - 70

3. Nico Rosberg (ALE/Williams) 1'31''451 - 113

4. Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA/Force India) 1'31''547 - 53

5. Sebastian Vettel (ALE/Red Bull) 1'32''220 - 102

6. Heikki Kovalainen (FIN/McLaren) 1'33''371 - 91

7. Nelson Piquet (BRA/Renault) 1'33''476 - 66

Yep, it's not looking great for Renault, the car doesn't seem quick or reliable. Lets hope they can remedy it before Melbourne.

Yep, it's not looking great for Renault, the car doesn't seem quick or reliable. Lets hope they can remedy it before Melbourne.

It might not be fast, it might not be reliable, but at least it's beautiful, right? :what:

It might not be fast, it might not be reliable, but at least it's beautiful, right? :what:

:dam: Yeaaaaah... They should give 10 points every GP to the most beautiful car... :dam: Oh no, no nononono...

Every year we see interesting things during pre-season testing but very few times it shows up in Australia. This year could be different for so many reasons... but look who is at the bottom of the list. Flavio, Flavio... :nono1:

1. Timo Glock (ALE/Toyota) 1'30''979 - 89 vueltas

2. Robert Kubica (POL/BMW) 1'31''327 - 70

3. Nico Rosberg (ALE/Williams) 1'31''451 - 113

4. Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA/Force India) 1'31''547 - 53

5. Sebastian Vettel (ALE/Red Bull) 1'32''220 - 102

6. Heikki Kovalainen (FIN/McLaren) 1'33''371 - 91

7. Nelson Piquet (BRA/Renault) 1'33''476 - 66

You have to wait and see what were they really trying out. We don't know if others were trying out qualifying or tyre check or whatever. Its testing. I guess it was raining too, and if Nando had been driving I am quite sure he would have been a little faster, but as I told earlier, we don't know what they were up to. So no need to panic from fans.

Sometimes it's better to be cruel to be kind, this isn't one of those times. Yes it is beautiful, possibly the most beautiful F1 car I've ever seen, honest :whistling:

Sometimes it's better to be cruel to be kind, this isn't one of those times. Yes it is beautiful, possibly the most beautiful F1 car I've ever seen, honest :whistling:

1.- George is always right

2.- George says it is the most beautiful car he has ever seen

3.- Ergo, it is.

Q.E.D.

1.- George is always right

2.- George says it is the most beautiful car he has ever seen

3.- Ergo, it is.

Q.E.D.

:lol:

If only all of your arguments were that short and simple :P

Sorry Brad, look who was in command today in Jerez.

Schumacher_prepara_regreso_A1GP.jpg

1. T. Glock (ALE/Toyota TF109) 1.19.814 (142 vueltas)

2. F. Massa (BRA/Ferrari F60) 1:20.238 (135)

3. F. Alonso (Renault R29) 1:20.296 (152)

4. H. Kovalainen (McLaren MP4-24) 1:20.535 (85)

5. A. Sutil (Force India VJM02) 1:20.621 (63)

6. M. Webber (Red Bull RB5) 1:21.021 (98)

7. R. Kubica (BMW-Sauber F1.09) 1:21.069 (98)

8. N. Rosberg (Williams FW31) 1:21.412 (125)

Quite a few laps today from some of the teams. Dissapointing Williams... hmmm. What's up with Webber?

It seems that a few teams tried to do fast laps at the end but the times don't quite reflect this.

And, yep. Schumacher seems to bring something out of Massa.

Well, tomorrow we've got Kimi on track. Let's see what the man can do for us...

And, yep. Schumacher seems to bring something out of Massa.

Well, tomorrow we've got Kimi on track. Let's see what the man can do for us...

You mean Schumacher could bring something out of Kimi as well... :eusa_think:

Nope. I meant what Kimi can do for us.

How is Alonso doing, btw? I can only speculate that rather well considering how effectevely he is being blacked out in the English speaking press...

How is Alonso doing, btw? I can only speculate that rather well considering how effectevely he is being blacked out in the English speaking press...

You never know but I'd say he's not completely happy with the car. He feels it's a good car but he's a doubt if he'll be able to put up a fight. I think he was a bit disappointed today when they asked a question about how he felt the car today and he said that it was very similar to the previous tests. I think he's a bit worryed because he didn't see a real improvement from last test session in Jerez two or three weeks ago. But as I said earlier, you never know.

I hope tomorrow they have dry weather so they can have a productive day. I think Ferrari's the best car at the moment and the rest of the teams will have to work hard tomorrow if they want to close the gap in Australia. This year could be another Ferrari-McLaren battle with BMW and Renault close behind but I don't have a clue about what McLaren is on now. Tomorrow is a good day to have an idea about what's going on with Hamilton, Raikkonen, Alonso... Let's see.

Sorry Brad, look who was in command today in Jerez.

Schumacher_prepara_regreso_A1GP.jpg

1. T. Glock (ALE/Toyota TF109) 1.19.814 (142 vueltas)

2. F. Massa (BRA/Ferrari F60) 1:20.238 (135)

3. F. Alonso (Renault R29) 1:20.296 (152)

4. H. Kovalainen (McLaren MP4-24) 1:20.535 (85)

5. A. Sutil (Force India VJM02) 1:20.621 (63)

6. M. Webber (Red Bull RB5) 1:21.021 (98)

7. R. Kubica (BMW-Sauber F1.09) 1:21.069 (98)

8. N. Rosberg (Williams FW31) 1:21.412 (125)

That b#####d should just stay away from the track! thats the next aim, we've already achieved not testing this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think nobody has :huh:

9:41 Hamilton starts his first lap of the day.

9:43 He goes back to boxes after the installation lap.

9:53 Hamilton out for his first session of laps.

10:04 Hamilton in after 5 decent laps. But the back of his car is on fire. McLaren press chief says Hamilton will talk to the media now.

It happens every now and then but it's hard to believe when they have completed only 7 laps. Did they put a potato in the exhausts?

9:41 Hamilton starts his first lap of the day.

9:43 He goes back to boxes after the installation lap.

9:53 Hamilton out for his first session of laps.

10:04 Hamilton in after 5 decent laps. But the back of his car is on fire. McLaren press chief says Hamilton will talk to the media now.

It happens every now and then but it's hard to believe when they have completed only 7 laps. Did they put a potato in the exhausts?

i really dont know wtf they are doing...

i really dont know wtf they are doing...

Don't worry, Hamilton went back to work in the afternoon and he's completed some very good batches of laps, quite faster than anyone else on track at that moment. The only doubt we'll have is that he was wearing the 2008 rear wing. I think the track was a bit wet but I don't know whether it was raining or not.