Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Pre-season Testing

While I am excited to see Brawn GP on the grid and hopefully Jens doing well again, the phrase 'one swallow does not a summer make' springs to mind, as does something about chickens and hatching :lol:

I agree that you could say that about every team and driver throughout the entire testing window. The reality is that the McBenz was two and a half seconds slower today than a car that's only been driven three times in anger with the same engine, I might add. Testing or no testing, that's certainly worth sustained applause. If it was Force India performing like this, the drivers would be drug-tested and Charlie Whiting would be all over their garage. The fact that the best strategic and technical brain in the sport and two of the World's finest Grand Prix drivers are the authors of this fantastic display, has struck the pit lane dumb. Forgive me but I'm seriously enjoying that. :P

I think I read that they haven't fitted any KERS, at least yet. But don't take my word, I read it yesterday.

I also heard that about an hour ago...still, does'nt take away from the memerising testing performance....

I agree that you could say that about every team and driver throughout the entire testing window. The reality is that the McBenz was two and a half seconds slower today than a car that's only been driven three times in anger with the same engine, I might add. Testing or no testing, that's certainly worth sustained applause. If it was Force India performing like this, the drivers would be drug-tested and Charlie Whiting would be all over their garage. The fact that the best strategic and technical brain in the sport and two of the World's finest Grand Prix drivers are the authors of this fantastic display, has struck the pit lane dumb. Forgive me but I'm seriously enjoying that. :P

Me too, but you're going to bollocking well jinx them before the race in Melbourne, damn you!!!! :lol:

Yep, I'm with Paul this time! Sounds a bit like a jinx. Hopefully it's their real pace. And I place even more hopes in the McLarens to keep trailing at the back! :D

i just cant believe it...ok they removed all the quantity of fuel the last few days, but how this is possible? 1.19.127 ?!??!

dont know what other strings of laps the others are doing, but even if Brawn are on qualifying simulation, its damn fast!

btw, does anyone know if they are using KERS? I think Mercedes only gave the engine, correct ?

They ran more fuel on Monday, for sure and probably a little less yesterday. If they weren't doing quali sims to post that time then look out! I hear Brawn have their own KERS system and only bought drivetrain packages. There has hardly been time to R&D the system to the engine and I doubt it's being deployed.

Me too, but you're going to bollocking well jinx them before the race in Melbourne, damn you!!!! :lol:

There's no such thing as jinxes in my book, just bad cars, designers, teams or drivers. In deference to those of a fragile mind and disposition, I pledge to make no further smug or joyous utterings until Melly.

AT 3:45pm

1. J. Button Brawn GP BGP 001 1:19.127 124

2. F. Massa Ferrari F60 1:20.168 +1.041 109

3. R. Kubica BMW Sauber F1.09 1:20.217 +1.090 109

4. T. Glock Toyota TF109 1:20.410 +1.283 99

5. F. Alonso Renault R29 1:20.863 +1.736 107

6. S. Vettel Red Bull Racing RB5 1:21.165 +2.038 102

7. N. Rosberg Williams FW31 1:21.324 +2.197 89

8. G. Fisichella Force India VJM-02 1:21.545 +2.418 97

9. S. Buemi Toro Rosso STR4 1:21.569 +2.442 140

10. L. Hamilton McLaren MP4-24 1:21.657 +2.530 82

And Hamilton went ploughing too!! :lol:

'one swallow does not a summer make'

That's what I say to Mrs Gorilla. Gets me nowhere.

Apropos Brawn Geee Peeeeee it seems that they've got Flabbio rattled. See here and clicky linky: http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...311165023.shtml

Hahahah, bigmouth Flavio, as usual XD

I don't think anything will come of his complaints, so he better focus on Renault's development.

While I am excited to see Brawn GP on the grid and hopefully Jens doing well again, the phrase 'one swallow does not a summer make' springs to mind, as does something about chickens and hatching :lol:

Aye :lol:

Apropos Brawn Geee Peeeeee it seems that they've got Flabbio rattled. See here and clicky linky: http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news...311165023.shtml

Flabia seems to get rattled whenever someone has thought of something his team hasn't :lol:

I'm just blown away with the thought that these teams can have it checked by Charlie Whiting now, get his seal of approval, then it can still be protested at the race, and the race stewards could have a different view :huh: .

Flabia seems to get rattled whenever someone has thought of something his team hasn't :lol:

I'm just blown away with the thought that these teams can have it checked by Charlie Whiting now, get his seal of approval, then it can still be protested at the race, and the race stewards could have a different view :huh: .

Indeed that is a...peculiar way of doing things, shall we say.

Absolutely. ****ing nonsense!

Flavio was wrong. There were something like 6 illegal cars, 3 half legal-illegal and only 1 100% legal. :whistling:

If Jenson's form brings back the beauties I say let it continue!!! All success for the Brawn team!!!! :D:D:D

Welcome back Brad. :D

Only joshin, it's actually to prevent maure from branding The Brawn Again Racing Fanboys as something-sterics :lol:

:clap3:

Indeed.

:lol:

Perhaps the Brawn racer goes faster 'cos it has no heavy sponsors' logos on it to slow it down....

Oooh, you bitch!

Perhaps the Brawn racer goes faster 'cos it has no heavy sponsors' logos on it to slow it down....

Do you think that's the problem with the McBenz? :lol:

There's no such thing as jinxes in my book, just bad cars, designers, teams or drivers. In deference to those of a fragile mind and disposition, I pledge to make no further smug or joyous utterings until Melly.

I'll bet you don't make it :lol:

:lol:

At least he knows before the season that at least 3 other competitors are fielding illegal cars, that means no excuses if he doesn't field an illegal car by Oz.

Do you think that's the problem with the McBenz? :lol:

:D Nah I think there's no conclusion to be drawn from this testing.

I've been watching F1 for too long (36 years) to know that testing v.rarely translates into anything meaningful on the grid. Well, not strictly true as the really s*** cars are usually still really s*** when it comes to the racing :D

In fact the first three races are not necessarily a guide as the whole season form. And besides FIA will f*** about with the points/apply penalties/ban cars anyway so its all random :D

I predict the front half of the grid will have the usual peppering of Ferraris, BMWs, McLarens, etc (Oh OK Andres, possibly a Renault as well......)

I think Ide got hold of that magic Blackberry somehow, this explains the crash for 'Lewis' today.

Now its Lewis gone looking for his mojo or may be they are trying to find if the car can go faster without its driver. :lol: