Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

Pre-season Testing

And who's wearing the thickest pads? :eusa_think:

Good question. Red Bull's pendular swinging melons could turn out to be prepubescent fried eggs.

Good question. Red Bull's pendular swinging melons could turn out to be prepubescent fried eggs.

Nooooo! I'm praying they ain't got them mozzie bites!

First impressions after reading times at Barhein and Jerez:

The timesheets at Barhein saw Toyata, Ferrari and BMW at the same level of performance now. The question is what

It would be great to have all the teams testing at the one venue, would aid in the wild predictions we all make in the lead up to Melbourne.

I've voiced this idea before but a shoot out for some prize money (like what MotoGP in Jerez) prior to the first race would be a good idea.

38 days remain :D

Interesting. What of Ferrari?

Just seen Kimi on some footage sent over the ether by a mate - from last week in Bahrain. Car looks - OK, somewhat sluggish on the exits, I thought. Kimi looks - OK, sawing away a bit but was quick. I'm a bit concerned that the c#ckpit sides drop away so steeply. The driver's head may strike the slope at rather an oblique angle on impact as it moves forwards and sideways, which is not desirable. Apart from that, [which I consider to be a major safety issue] it looks like the front half of last year's moulded on to a new back end. Overall, it seemed very well balanced but I am still very impressed with BMW and Toyota. If Glock can keep it on the island, he could be up at the sharp end a lot this year but I think Kubica and Heidfeld have a very, very good car and I have a feeling in my water that Nick may go all the way. He's earned it.

Nick may go all the way. He's earned it.

Kubica was the best driver of the year even if he didn't win the Championship. Nick will have to prove he can compete with the Polish or... I'm not sayin he can't.

And I think Kimi is in a similar situation but he's already won a Championship.

Kimi needs to realize that, crazy and suicidal as it is, Ferrari is not going to provide _him_ with a car... as it happened last season, a season that even the kindest critics (not me) describe as being battled between a driver that "is still learning" and a driver "that is getting better". Absurd? Yep, as absurd as the season itself was where those two goofs had the support of their teams while seasoned drivers where left out to hang. Look at, for example, the situation Button has been put in. Absurd from A to Z.

If Kimi overcomes this handicap, only Alonso can stop him.

Kubica is in a similar situation as Kimi. He was screwed over as payment for his good work last season. As Ferrari and McLaren, BMW remains unrepentant for their error. Kubica has two mountains to climb, the championship and his own team.

Kimi needs to realize that, crazy and suicidal as it is, Ferrari is not going to provide _him_ with a car... as it happened last season, a season that even the kindest critics (not me) describe as being battled between a driver that "is still learning" and a driver "that is getting better". Absurd? Yep, as absurd as the season itself was where those two goofs had the support of their teams while seasoned drivers where left out to hang. Look at, for example, the situation Button has been put in. Absurd from A to Z.

If Kimi overcomes this handicap, only Alonso can stop him.

Kubica is in a similar situation as Kimi. He was screwed over as payment for his good work last season. As Ferrari and McLaren, BMW remains unrepentant for their error. Kubica has two mountains to climb, the championship and his own team.

nicely put... I think they banned Schumie from testing as a direct result of what happened last year. The squeky b#####d had other plans assisting Massa when passing info over to Massa and influencing decisionmaking at the highest order at Ferrari. Remember how well Kimi went, he was really happy with the car the first 3 races b4 BIGchin butted in!!!!

You know it.

It is pure dadaism that a driver like Massa has "secured" his place at Ferrari while a driver like Kimi is being questioned. No matter how poorly anyone wants to qualify Kimi's 2008 season, he got a string of fastest laps, for example, that match historic record... and THAT was a "bad" season for Kimi.

The different expectations say it all...

You know it.

It is pure dadaism that a driver like Massa has "secured" his place at Ferrari while a driver like Kimi is being questioned. No matter how poorly anyone wants to qualify Kimi's 2008 season, he got a string of fastest laps, for example, that match historic record... and THAT was a "bad" season for Kimi.

glad you back :D

Only sarcasm! You don't think I'm racist towards Piotr do you??

I don't really care, tbh. It's just bullshtting.

Now, could you tell me the pre-season testing schedule?

I visited a good page with the schedule but I can't find it now so expect something missing.

Bahrain 16-19 Feb

Montmelo 25-27 Feb

Jerez 2-6 Mar

Jerez 15-17 Mar

Does anybody know what teams are attending each session?

nicely put... I think they banned Schumie from testing as a direct result of what happened last year. The squeky b#####d had other plans assisting Massa when passing info over to Massa and influencing decisionmaking at the highest order at Ferrari. Remember how well Kimi went, he was really happy with the car the first 3 races b4 BIGchin butted in!!!!
You know it.

Interesting theory. If true though, why didn't Kimi stamp his foot and demand changes becoming of his champion status? In other words, he would have demanded the car to his liking and not needed to justify why due to his superiority which had already been proven. In my opinion, the notion that a retired Schumacher could call the shots on how the car should be, for Massa, for personal reasons, is absurd. Especially as Michael would have the teams larger interests at heart. I think you are over estimating Michael's influence and distorting his motives.

I visited a good page with the schedule but I can't find it now so expect something missing.

Bahrain 16-19 Feb

Montmelo 25-27 Feb

Jerez 2-6 Mar

Jerez 15-17 Mar

Does anybody know what teams are attending each session?

That's interesting. If there are only two testing dates, perhaps all teams will be in both. If not, the pre-season testing has been reduced to three times... which seems quite few.

Interesting theory. If true though, why didn't Kimi stamp his foot and demand changes becoming of his champion status? In other words, he would have demanded the car to his liking and not needed to justify why due to his superiority which had already been proven. In my opinion, the notion that a retired Schumacher could call the shots on how the car should be, for Massa, for personal reasons, is absurd. Especially as Michael would have the teams larger interests at heart. I think you are over estimating Michael's influence and distorting his motives.

It's not an issue of theories... unless you want to "argue", for example, that the blatant favoritism that Hamilton enjoys in McLaren is just a "theory" since having what the team considers the best strategy 17 out of 18 races is just a purely random thing. Same applies to many other situations, of course, like that of Kubica getting screwed over by BMW when he had done nothing but earn for the team. Such is the situation in some teams, you work for them while they work for the toyboy of the boss.

The fact is that Ferrari failed to support Kimi last season and screwed itself in the process. The car was not built for him and it showed greatly in qualifying. Regarding "demands" (which I grant you are the bread-and-butter of certain drivers), Kimi doesn't swing that way... if your team wants to commit suicide, Kimi will shrug it off.

Kimi's detached personality is one of the reasons why I suspect he is one of the drivers that has paid the license fee... unless Mosley has lied about that too.

:lol: Maure is desperate. Ferrari deliberately sabotaged the man whose salary accounts for 10% of the entire team's budget. Why? Because their ex driver (how many laps did he do in the 2008 Ferrari?) is better friends with their number 2 driver. The fact that Kimi refused to work with the ex driver has absolutely nothing to do with it, nor the fact that Kimi 'shrugs off' a car not being suited to him while his team mate works hard to develop it. The fact that this was predicted entirely by Peter Sauber who knows both current Ferrari drivers (but admittedly not the all important man who hardly drives the car any more) is purely 'random chance'.

:lol: Maure is desperate. Ferrari deliberately sabotaged the man whose salary accounts for 10% of the entire team's budget. Why? Because their ex driver (how many laps did he do in the 2008 Ferrari?) is better friends with their number 2 driver. The fact that Kimi refused to work with the ex driver has absolutely nothing to do with it, nor the fact that Kimi 'shrugs off' a car not being suited to him while his team mate works hard to develop it. The fact that this was predicted entirely by Peter Sauber who knows both current Ferrari drivers (but admittedly not the all important man who hardly drives the car any more) is purely 'random chance'.

Poor Murray, already crying... random chance? As random as this loopy attempt to protect his hero.

Massa is and remains where he is because of who he knows (as is the driver that fuels this latest fantasy of yours). Even if anyone where to claim that Massa earned his seat last year, the reasonable question to ask is why his seat was wasted for years before he came up to par... if he ever did.

Your constant (and baseless) attacks against Kimi, Alonso, Kubica, Vettel, etc, all come from the same place... fear. It is justified. All those guys have had to work hard to earn every bit they've got. In contrast...

I missed your infantile translation of my "failed to support" into "deliberately sabotaged". Thank you for the laugh, Murray.

....and so here we are again..... :wacko:

Murray asked for it, remember? I told him not to say the name too loud :P

I hope Kimi absolutely obliterates Massa this year.

Just saying..

Edit-@ Murray- Leave Maure alone! I love a good consipracy!

....and so here we are again..... :wacko:

Read on.

Murray asked for it, remember? I told him not to say the name too loud :P

There you go.

I hope Kimi absolutely obliterates Massa this year.

Just saying..

Edit-@ Murray- Leave Maure alone! I love a good consipracy!

I hope we get to see some competent racing. I settle for that.

Another random season would be too freaking boring...

I don't really care, tbh. It's just bullshtting.

Bahrain, then Jerez???? As for everyone else, take it easy on maure, no sarcasm involved in this post!

Bahrain, then Jerez???? As for everyone else, take it easy on maure, no sarcasm involved in this post!

No, no, blame me for it all,... nothing is funnier than seeing you guys bend over backwards.