Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webber

were is #13

well why is there no #13. does any body know. it goes from Massa in the #12 Sauber to Webber in the #14 jag

It's got to do with supersition. Number 13 us bad luck in many cultures and with the obivous risks involved in F1 motor racing, I don't think any driver would want the number for fear of having bad luck, so the FIA obliged and don't put the number 13 for fear of something bad happening.

good call by the FIA i reckon.

yep, agree with you there.

so it was about number 13 ... i always thought it was coz 13 equals to 4 and 4 in chinese is "sei" which means death in chinese.... and death cant be a good number to be on ...not in F1 where there is a lot of risks...

The number 13 has only been used twice in F1 since the championship began in 1950.

Moises Solana in Mexico in 1963, he was the final retirement of the race, still classified though in 11th. BRM.

and Divina Galica in Britain 1976, she (one of 5 women drivers in F1) did not qualify. Surtees-Cosworth.

The lowest number (besides 13) never to win is 29.

The lowest number never used is 63.

so it was about number 13 ... i always thought it was coz 13 equals to 4 and 4 in chinese is "sei" which means death in chinese.... and death cant be a good number to be on ...not in F1 where there is a lot of risks...

That's interesting!! Talk about learning something new every day! Same with nichosnz comments there, really interesting!

The number 13 has only been used twice in F1 since the championship began in 1950.

Moises Solana in Mexico in 1963, he was the final retirement of the race, still classified though in 11th. BRM.

and Divina Galica in Britain 1976, she (one of 5 women drivers in F1) did not qualify. Surtees-Cosworth.

The lowest number (besides 13) never to win is 29.

The lowest number never used is 63.

hay ur back :!: :!: :!: