Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FormulaSP

Brawn Gp

Interestingly, the astonishing performance from day one has hurt BGP since, after all, the reason why Brawn et al. are still arguing that the pace is genuine is because reasonable doubts exist. One can see how potential sponsors would be extra cautious on account of looking like fools come the first race.

So, perhaps, it would've been better for BGP to sandbag (if genuine) its way to the top runners without leaving them so blatantly in the dust...

Your logic's a little too weird for me, Maure. I'm going to lie down.

Ultimately, we don't know whether the girl is wearing a padded bra or not. Come Melbourne, we will get her topless and see. I'm sure there are sponsors who are not taking her out to dinner because they have spoken to some of her (bitchy) friends who whisper she's flat chested, and there are some who will buy her diamonds if she has pendular swingers.

She's such a tease.

There being, after all, no reason whatsoever why breast size determines dating suitability and, therefore, there being a slight (nay, miniscule) chance that your post could be (mis)construed as sexist...

The sponsor chick is eyeing BGP's package unsure as to whether his buldge is legit or, rather, it hides a pair of winter wool socks (illegal ballast). Come Australia, all team (members) will be exposed and their actual performance will be available for all to appraise. The sponsor chick will then be able to compare and decide if BGP's package is of adequate potency, might, and prowess...

Ultimately, we don't know whether the girl is wearing a padded bra or not. Come Melbourne, we will get her topless and see. I'm sure there are sponsors who are not taking her out to dinner because they have spoken to some of her (bitchy) friends who whisper she's flat chested, and there are some who will buy her diamonds if she has pendular swingers.

She's such a tease.

:snigger:

She's such a tease.

A magnificent deduction of the situation, Holmes.

I think I should point out that Ross Brawn has been reported as saying his team has only scratched the surface of the BGP 001 chassis' potential, despite its incredible testing times. He went on to say:

"From our short but crucial testing programme over the past two weeks, we have reinforced our view that the BGP 001 is a good car and an excellent platform from which to develop performance over the course of the season," he said.

"Our focus during the seven days of pre-season testing was on reliability and developing our understanding of the car in race conditions.

"We are very satisfied with the work achieved and the initial pace seen from the car however we are fully aware that our work has only just begun."

Full story here:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id...02&PO=45302

I have just read John Surtees comments that Button should never have been retained by Honda or Brawn because he didn't give 100% in 2008. He went on to say that Honda's management should be ashamed of the way they managed the F1 team. I certainly agree with the latter. However, he didn't mention just how long JB was stuck with a massively uncompetitive car and didn't rubbish the team once. The Honda years robbed him of his enthusiasm and he may not have been mature enough to deal with it - I'll buy that. On the other hand, Rubens was a lot older and wiser and desperate to keep his seat intact and he took advantage of JB's waning commitment. For me, that sums up Honda's last two seasons in a nutshell. I feel sacking Jens would have been foolish in the extreme - he just needed a dose of fresh motivation. Honda, and subsequently Brawn were obviously thinking along the same lines. Now, he has the BGP001 and more importantly, nowhere to hide. I sincerely hope he makes Surtees eat his words.

I think I should point out that Ross Brawn has been reported as saying his team has only scratched the surface of the BGP 001 chassis' potential, despite its incredible testing times. He went on to say:

"From our short but crucial testing programme over the past two weeks, we have reinforced our view that the BGP 001 is a good car and an excellent platform from which to develop performance over the course of the season," he said.

"Our focus during the seven days of pre-season testing was on reliability and developing our understanding of the car in race conditions.

"We are very satisfied with the work achieved and the initial pace seen from the car however we are fully aware that our work has only just begun."

Full story here:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id...02&PO=45302

I wont be wrong if I belived him. I am sure Honda must be wanting to keep their heads on the path of a speeding bullet train for doing so much development and giving it off to Brawn. Anyways, the team is finally in better hands and Brawn is not the kind of person I would take as a joke. If all goes well this season, which I am sure will, Ferrari and Mclaren will have a lot of sleepless nights seasons after seasons. I think Williams too are back in mix. In the end I will end up thanking Max for bringing an exiting season if his plans such as more overtaking goes well.

Unfortunately, measures to bring more frequent overtaking back to F1, however well meant are entirely theoretical and too often fail in practice. Mechanisms such as the new diffuser will only filter 'dirty air', not eliminate it. I hold out little hope, I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, measures to bring more frequent overtaking back to F1, however well meant are entirely theoretical and too often fail in practice. Mechanisms such as the new diffuser will only filter 'dirty air', not eliminate it. I hold out little hope, I'm afraid.

Lets see! :D

If I were a betting man I would actually put a couple hundred dirhams on JB winning in Oz. However deep down I think Kimi will win in Australia

If I were a betting man I would actually put a couple hundred dirhams on JB winning in Oz. However deep down I think Kimi will win in Australia

Yes lovely lovely :D

When all is said and done about whether any showboating has gone on or not (which I don't believe Brawn is daft enough to do), after all they've gone through, and still have to, then a points finish will be fantastic. Top 6 would be a miracle, top 3... absolutely smashin.

And I mean for one of the cars - I'd expect reliability problems in the early races.

When all is said and done about whether any showboating has gone on or not (which I don't believe Brawn is daft enough to do), after all they've gone through, and still have to, then a points finish will be fantastic. Top 6 would be a miracle, top 3... absolutely smashin.

And I mean for one of the cars - I'd expect reliability problems in the early races.

I personally think it's going to be the "absolutely smashing" option... :D

Yes Brad, it was the safe 'parent' in me that wrote that, I am now back in 'child' mode... 'On The Button' and 'I Drive For Shumi' are going to kick 'Messy' and 'The Drinkster's' collective arse :P

It's a loooong time since we've had such a bunch of 'unknowns' at the start of the season - Teams like Williams could be massively strong, Brawn as already discussed could be a surprise, Ferrari being so quiet but confident (at least I think so...), McLaren struggling but 'on the up', BMW look incredibly strong, Trulli massively confident of podiums............

.........then KERS, just how difficult will it be for a (for example) a slightly quicker, nimbler non-KERS car to get past other than in a straight line? Will their weight distribution be good enough to pass off-line, in the dirt? And Red Bull, is Mark Webber right in that they are behind? Renault's testing results were up and down like a whore's draws until the last few days, when they blitzed it (comparibly), a passionate Alonso driving on the limit is always great to watch.

And then, with 9 days to go, the FIA introduce an amendment that effectively says the diffusers must be in the spirit of the regulations - so they can change the result how they like anyway :lol:

Why the hell can't my family see why I'm excited for next weekend, my ritual of "Do NOT talk, cough, fidget, laugh, breathe, fart or burp, when F1 is on teevo" is introduced yet again??? :lol: There's no love affair sadder than ours :rolleyes:

:lol:

It's a loooong time since we've had such a bunch of 'unknowns' at the start of the season

I'm worried Aus is going to be a damp squib. We're all excited because we have no idea what's going to happen. But on Friday we might see Ferrari are half a second faster than anyone else... What a bummer that would be.

:lol:

I'm worried Aus is going to be a damp squib. We're all excited because we have no idea what's going to happen. But on Friday we might see Ferrari are half a second faster than anyone else... What a bummer that would be.

They could be, their short stints looked great, but race pace not so. Even if one team does run away with it, it's still the start of the season, so I'm happy :D

The only bummer for me would be to see a great quali session, then half the field out of it at the first corner - Oz has one of the highest safety car 'uses' on the calendar for some reason. It's probably Massa's fault :lol:

Hmm, safety car. KERS should be interesting when they're let loose again.........

They could be, their short stints looked great, but race pace not so. Even if one team does run away with it, it's still the start of the season, so I'm happy :D

The only bummer for me would be to see a great quali session, then half the field out of it at the first corner - Oz has one of the highest safety car 'uses' on the calendar for some reason. It's probably Massa's fault :lol:

Hmm, safety car. KERS should be interesting when they're let loose again.........

Brawn don't need a shunt of any kind, John - they only have the two cars!

Won't matter if they're on pole though! :rolleyes:

And then, with 9 days to go, the FIA introduce an amendment that effectively says the diffusers must be in the spirit of the regulations - so they can change the result how they like anyway

Er, I missed that Meds. Could you elucidate?

Why the hell can't my family see why I'm excited for next weekend, my ritual of "Do NOT talk, cough, fidget, laugh, breathe, fart or burp, when F1 is on teevo" is introduced yet again??? :lol: There's no love affair sadder than ours :rolleyes:

Come Sunday morning I'm probably gonna feel like you do. It reminds me of previous years when I did'nt have dstv, I drove around looking for a venue that showed the match from 6:30 am in the morning. Sometimes I found a place (and oh the joy), that venue closed down 4 years ago, sometimes I did'nt..... I felt like I was the only fan in the world not being able to watch.....

from 6am in the moning on a flippin Sunday, man, those days are over!!!!

Brad, you could have always come to our bar (when we had it). It was the only thing that appeared open on Sunday mornings (5am). But in reality we'd open only if someone who wanted to see the race knocked XD (My mum wouldn't let us watch in the house so early, so she kicked us out in the bar XD)

Er, I missed that Meds. Could you elucidate?

Well bollocking hell, I found the article referring to 'spirit of the regs', and on further reading (with my eyes open this time) I noticed it was pure opinion - so my post was a load of toss. At least for now, I predict the future rather well :lol:

9 days ago the FIA introduced a clarification for sporting and technical regs, you can it here: http://www.fia.com/en-GB/sport/regulations...ampionship.aspx

Apparently it's normalish for them to publish these docs to tidy up grey areas....