Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FormulaSP

Brawn Gp

BRAWNGP.COM

I think that Honda F1 started their development for the 2009 car so early that Brawn GP will not be so far behind. By this I mean they won't be dead last. Especially because they have lost crucial testing time. Maybe faster than STR, FI and Williams?

Where do you guys think they will stand?

Edit:3/16/09

Obviously, Brawn GP has stunned the public, with many putting their money on either Jenson or Rubens to win the season opener. I think what many people don't know is that the team that would be Brawn GP continued developing their car from the time Honda's withdrawal was announced. Also, many tests were cancelled or delayed due to the weather. Rain/sandstorms. I think Brawn GP only lost about 5 days maximum to the other teams.

Hi there! My guess is they'll be ahead of FI but that's about it. They might become slightly more competitive as the season wears on.

If they don't struggle it means that all other teams made a huge mistake and Honda a fool of themselves.

BRAWNGP.COM

I think that Honda F1 started their development for the 2009 car so early that Brawn GP will not be so far behind. By this I mean they won't be dead last. Especially because they have lost crucial testing time. Maybe faster than STR, FI and Williams?

I think they'll be the shock of the season (in a good way), they'll be regular midfield, finishing the season by mixing it with, and often beating, Toyota, both Red Bull teams, and Williams. This is what Brawn has always wanted, his own privateer team - and he'll be damn good at it.

Hi Formula SP, welcome to the forum!

I think they'll be the shock of the season (in a good way), they'll be regular midfield, finishing the season by mixing it with, and often beating, Toyota, both Red Bull teams, and Williams. This is what Brawn has always wanted, his own privateer team - and he'll be damn good at it.

Hi Formula SP, welcome to the forum!

Thank you! Can't wait for the season to start!

'BradSpeedMan' date='Mar 6 2009, 11:52 AM' post='283269'

everyone knows med can't be trusted FormulaSP.....

Thanks Brad :P

I nearly asked if you'd recovered from Kimi being stuffed by that apprentice, Messy, at Ferrari, but then I thought that would be really childish of me :lol:

I nearly asked if you'd recovered from Kimi being stuffed by that apprentice, Messy, at Ferrari, but then I thought that would be really childish of me :lol:

:lol::lol: good one

If they don't struggle it means that all other teams made a huge mistake and Honda a fool of themselves.

He, he, he... That's true and I wish they were ahead of McRon. :D

BRAWNGP.COM

That

They'll be off the grid without sponsosrs.

Brawn doesn't have THAT much money

Oh and I'm not just saying this, but that car is clearly the best looking of the 2009 models. Once they have some sponsors and the livery is a little more interesting, I can see that this could be the stunner looks wise of 2009! I certainly think they will not do as bad as last year, depite their lack of testing!

Hi there! My guess is they'll be ahead of FI but that's about it. They might become slightly more competitive as the season wears on.

I agree, it all depends they have the available funds in order to develop the car. We all know that Ross has ability but without the funds its near on impossible.

If Honda had a decent group of sponsors it would have been alot easier to carry them across to Brawn GP than try and go out there into a cash strapped market and find compaines willing to spend the kind of money needed to sponsor a F1 team. Meanwhile Williams and Renault are alos on the hunt for sponsors for 2010 given that RBS and ING are pulling their support.

They'll be off the grid without sponsosrs.

Brawn doesn't have THAT much money

Exaclty Craig :D

It'd be amazing if they win in Australia. A 1-2 would be a dream come true and the laughs...

Until they get a few races under their belts, they will obviously be off the pace. They have a world-class driver team who will bring them forward very quickly. I can see McBenz going backwards this year as I said before and Ferrari don't look too clever either. It's up to BMW or Toyota to keep Red bull at bay and take the prize, as I see it. I seriously think BrawnGP will have made their mark by 2012 and be a hard team to beat. Ross looks like he lost two stone! Wish I could. Power to him.

It'd be amazing if they win in Australia. A 1-2 would be a dream come true and the laughs...

The "Power of Dreams" :P

Until they get a few races under their belts, they will obviously be off the pace. They have a world-class driver team who will bring them forward very quickly. I can see McBenz going backwards this year as I said before and Ferrari don't look too clever either. It's up to BMW or Toyota to keep Red bull at bay and take the prize, as I see it. I seriously think BrawnGP will have made their mark by 2012 and be a hard team to beat. Ross looks like he lost two stone! Wish I could. Power to him.

The stress of Ross effectively putting complete faith in his own ability to own and run a successful Formula One operation would give reason to lose a few stone :lol:

Well. Aren't we a merry bunch of optimists. :lol:

I don't care. I'm going to put my (fake) nuts on the chopping board and say that they'll be challenging for wins toward mid-season. Just because I want to be different, and because I'm extremely ecstatic that Jenson has a drive.

So there.

rather be sober and a realist, than drunk and deluded....

You wouldn't say that if you were a sex God, like me.

Hic.

I'm so pleased that Brawn has got a car on the grid and that jobs have been saved. The very prescence of Brawn and his reputation for calm efficiency make this an intriguing prospect. I wonder how much the package has been compromised by having to install a different engine from what was originally intended. If the packaging efficiency of the Mercedes engine is better than the Honda it might not have hampered performance too badly (from an out-of-the-box perspective). Surely, where they are behind is in development, relative to the other teams. Luckily, they have Barrichello. I suspect his feedback will be invaluable in the car's infancy period.

The design will have either been so brilliant that they will be mid fielders from the start, or they will be battling at the back. The very back.

.........either been so brilliant that they will be mid fielders from the start, or they will be battling at the back. The very back.

Mid-field from the start Steve, then as the season prgogresses, that's when they do their terrier dog impression and annoy the establishment ;)

Well. Aren't we a merry bunch of optimists.

I don't care. I'm going to put my (fake) nuts on the chopping board and say that they'll be challenging for wins toward mid-season. Just because I want to be different, and because I'm extremely ecstatic that Jenson has a drive.

So there.

I agree Steph, doom 'n gloom predicted right from Dec 5th. Comments will be interesting when their sponsors and new colours arrive (Thursday before Melbourne I think, hope ;) ) and they mix it right from the start.... A sound part of the establishment they will be by mid season - 'giant killers' indeed. B)

Well. Aren't we a merry bunch of optimists. :lol:

So there.

:lol:

I'm with you, stoked that Jenson has a drive. Made my day :D

I'm so pleased that Brawn has got a car on the grid and that jobs have been saved. The very prescence of Brawn and his reputation for calm efficiency make this an intriguing prospect. I wonder how much the package has been compromised by having to install a different engine from what was originally intended. If the packaging efficiency of the Mercedes engine is better than the Honda it might not have hampered performance too badly (from an out-of-the-box perspective). Surely, where they are behind is in development, relative to the other teams. Luckily, they have Barrichello. I suspect his feedback will be invaluable in the car's infancy period.

The design will have either been so brilliant that they will be mid fielders from the start, or they will be battling at the back. The very back.

I agree, Ross has been very wise in giving Rubens the drive over Bruno. His old friend whom he can rely on to give sound feedback when testing is so so valuable given the limitations. Bruno brings money yes, but the money he brings to the team can easily be lost again ten fold due to: Rookie mistakes, potential missed chances at a points paying position, less qualified feedback. All of which BGP need to make the most of in their first season. While Honda will foot some of the bill this year the time for a driver bringing in money can wait.

Bruno's time will come another year in GP2 will serve him well. If he wins the GP2 title it would be hard to knock him back on a drive for season 2010. Agree??

You wouldn't say that if you were a sex God, like me.

Hic.

:lol: , I agree anyways, especially about Mercedes Engines. If Honda ever wants to re-enter F1, I don't think many would want to really work with a team that has a history of ON and OFF! I am pretty sure they are over reacting to the economic crisis.