Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FormulaSP

Brawn Gp

:lol: , I agree anyways, especially about Mercedes Engines. If Honda ever wants to re-enter F1, I don't think many would want to really work with a team that has a history of ON and OFF! I am pretty sure they are over reacting to the economic crisis.

But all the manufacturers have an ON and OFF again relationship with Formula One. Ferrari remains as the only team who has been on the grid since 1950. It will continue to be that the manufacturers will come and go as they please, hence the reason why most of us have a soft spot for teams like Williams and of late Minardi.

But all the manufacturers have an ON and OFF again relationship with Formula One. Ferrari remains as the only team who has been on the grid since 1950. It will continue to be that the manufacturers will come and go as they please, hence the reason why most of us have a soft spot for teams like Williams and of late Minardi.

Mclaren???? :D

Mclaren???? :D

Yeah you can count McLaren I guess, but I neglected to mention them because of the fact they are 40% owned by DaimlerChrysler.

Yeah you can count McLaren I guess, but I neglected to mention them because of the fact they are 40% owned by DaimlerChrysler.

I think that itself is a commintment to F1. They are now Daimler Benz i guess.

I agree, Ross has been very wise in giving Rubens the drive over Bruno. His old friend whom he can rely on to give sound feedback when testing is so so valuable given the limitations. Bruno brings money yes, but the money he brings to the team can easily be lost again ten fold due to: Rookie mistakes, potential missed chances at a points paying position, less qualified feedback. All of which BGP need to make the most of in their first season. While Honda will foot some of the bill this year the time for a driver bringing in money can wait.

Bruno's time will come another year in GP2 will serve him well. If he wins the GP2 title it would be hard to knock him back on a drive for season 2010. Agree??

Agree.

Oh and I'm not just saying this, but that car is clearly the best looking of the 2009 models. Once they have some sponsors and the livery is a little more interesting, I can see that this could be the stunner looks wise of 2009! I certainly think they will not do as bad as last year, depite their lack of testing!
You forgot about Buttons helmet in the c#ckpit ;) !

:lol:

I'm with you, stoked that Jenson has a drive. Made my day :D

I agree, Ross has been very wise in giving Rubens the drive over Bruno. His old friend whom he can rely on to give sound feedback when testing is so so valuable given the limitations. Bruno brings money yes, but the money he brings to the team can easily be lost again ten fold due to: Rookie mistakes, potential missed chances at a points paying position, less qualified feedback. All of which BGP need to make the most of in their first season. While Honda will foot some of the bill this year the time for a driver bringing in money can wait.

Bruno's time will come another year in GP2 will serve him well. If he wins the GP2 title it would be hard to knock him back on a drive for season 2010. Agree??

Steph is right. Time to be joyful. Another team saved, Jens and Rubes have a ride, the McBenz is limping badly, Renault iffy, Ferrari a little flat so all to play for - what could be better?

Passing over Senna was a no-brainer for me. An experienced driver package was what was called for - you're right, Aussie.

Didn't Bruno blow his chances of a GP2 drive?

That car really does look nice, and I hope Ross can do well to get this team up to the front of the grid.

That being said, I wish Bruno had gotten the drive over Button. The team needs new energy into it, and I don't think Jenson's got it.

That car really does look nice, and I hope Ross can do well to get this team up to the front of the grid.

That being said, I wish Bruno had gotten the drive over Button. The team needs new energy into it, and I don't think Jenson's got it.

Anyone who keep themselves as fit as Jenson does, puts his entire career on the line to follow Ross Brawn's dream and then takes a 50% pay cut into the bargain, is hungry, determined, focused and oozing energy, to my mind. Senna is far too inexperienced to give reliable feedback on a 'green' car. That is why Barrichello has been retained. That is a professional decision by a professional team. Jenson has been retained by arguably the best brain in F1, [Adrian Newey's gearbox-nightmare-waiting-to-happen in the 09 McBenz moves him way down the list, I'm afraid], because he is every bit as good as anyone at McBenz, Ferrari, Renault or BMW. It's quite simple really.

I don't want to p1ss on any fires here, least of all Brawn GP's (God knows they have been through it and I for one, wish them the very best), but on what foundation, other than hope, are some of us suggesting that the Brawn's will be anything other than near the back?

The reason I ask is because although Ross Brawn's reputation needs no introduction, he cannot single handedly elevate Honda from where they were to a beautiful place. Not only that but with his eye being taken off the ball over the winter and the car's package being compromised by a change of engine, surely they cannot be anything other than also rans. Ferrari and McLaren have been able to focus with their heads down, as the top two teams, with momentum and the best sets of resources and stable technical staff.

I would laugh my head off if BrawnGP punch above their weight, it would be brilliant. But for the reasons I have stated, I just can't see it.

I don't want to p1ss on any fires here, least of all Brawn GP's (God knows they have been through it and I for one, wish them the very best), but on what foundation, other than hope, are some of us suggesting that the Brawn's will be anything other than near the back?

The reason I ask is because although Ross Brawn's reputation needs no introduction, he cannot single handedly elevate Honda from where they were to a beautiful place. Not only that but with his eye being taken off the ball over the winter and the car's package being compromised by a change of engine, surely they cannot be anything other than also rans. Ferrari and McLaren have been able to focus with their heads down, as the top two teams, with momentum and the best sets of resources and stable technical staff.

I would laugh my head off if BrawnGP punch above their weight, it would be brilliant. But for the reasons I have stated, I just can't see it.

As usual Dribs you are the epitome of sensitivity and good sense. All great men have this trait. Watch the nightmare that is going to develop over gearbox issues in the Newey McBenz and a surprising lack of pace from the Scuderia. Those facts combined with more broken noses than a gaggle of prizefighters could sport, will see 2009 as the most exciting spectacle of recent years. Jenson in a car with muscle that stays on the track has me drooling at the corners of my ancient mouth.

As usual Dribs you are the epitome of sensitivity and good sense. All great men have this trait. Watch the nightmare that is going to develop over gearbox issues in the Newey McBenz and a surprising lack of pace from the Scuderia. Those facts combined with more broken noses than a gaggle of prizefighters could sport, will see 2009 as the most exciting spectacle of recent years. Jenson in a car with muscle that stays on the track has me drooling at the corners of my ancient mouth.

If you are right, F1 will rise like a phoenix form the ashes of mediocrity and the smoke of disgusting overspend.

If Brawn GP are ahead of two teams in melbourne, then that, in my mind, will be a very solid and good result, although I am cautiously optimistic that they may well be on to something more. The development will be very limited this year, so technically there should not be a large gap from the front to the back like there has been, not only that, but Brawn GP had a head start since they started developing this car before the other teams and focused all their energy on this car! Thus, missing out on the last two months of testing, although will have undoubtedly cost them some tenths, i would not be at all surprised to see them, dare i say it, finish in the points in the land of Oz!

2009 is the right season for expecting the unexpected. BGP might have done something different that work better than the usual copy&paste designs. They have a small chance of winning but it could happen. Nothing's impossible. I don't have any scientific argument to sustain that, it's like faith is to believe what we cannot see.

2009 is the right season for expecting the unexpected. BGP might have done something different that work better than the usual copy&paste designs. They have a small chance of winning but it could happen. Nothing's impossible. I don't have any scientific argument to sustain that, it's like faith is to believe what we cannot see.

And here's me looking for boring concrete evidence of competence. If we didn't all have a little bit of exactly the kind of enthusiasm and hope that you have then, my friend, we would surely not be fans of this mighty animal, F1.

I raise my glass to you of raspberry tinged medium bodied shiraz.

And tonight I'll dream a little of a real lovely Brazillian bloke, stood on the middle step of a podium, having his salty tears of joy itching slightly on his cheeks as they are dried by Australian sun.

I got all excited by your dream of a Brazilian man on the middle step of the podium, but then I realized you meant Massa and I suddenly calmed down! Considering how hot many Brazilians are, I always wonder why there aren't any Brazilian stunners in F1!

I got all excited by your dream of a Brazilian man on the middle step of the podium, but then I realized you meant Massa and I suddenly calmed down! Considering how hot many Brazilians are, I always wonder why there aren't any Brazilian stunners in F1!

The Australian sun glistens on his balding scalp.

The Australian sun glistens on his balding scalp.

I guessed correctly even before reading this piece of info. Do I get a pin?? (or even better, winegums... )

Didn't Bruno blow his chances of a GP2 drive?

That i'm not sure mate. You would certainly like to think that Bruno and his sister (I think she is his manager) wouldn't have put all of their eggs in the Bruno will get a drive in F1 basket.

I'm with you Steve. Fingers crossed they prove us wrong, and like others are excitedly suggesting win or even score points.

Massa's dad got on the podium??????

:clap3::clap3:

If you are right, F1 will rise like a phoenix form the ashes of mediocrity and the smoke of disgusting overspend.

Ah, well spoken Sir Knight. Quoff thee thy shiraz and dream on.

Agreed but I'm just happy that they're still existing. Nojensonnof1!

New rules, lower costs, anything could happen. Plus Honda (sorry BrawnGP) did start their research & development way before everyone else. I'll be happy if Jenson qualifies above 18th!

Well, their starting point has to be where they were last year. There is no reason to suggest that they can do any better than that, other than that they will have a half-decent engine in there in 2009. OK so Brawn has been sorting them out over the winter, but then every other team has developed too and as you rightly point out, he has been distracted.

Same engineers, same factory, same drivers.... hmmm wonder where they will end up?

So yes, it is a pipe dream that they will be anything other than in the same place (or possibly worse) unless they have something miraculous up their sleeve and I can't see what that could be???