Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FormulaSP

Brawn Gp

:lol:

I just got an email from [email protected] suggesting there's so much hype about innovation round here that Ferrari might be using it to pump up their tyres with all the hot air.

Brawn GP sounds good :D Sounds like a team that will make history.Damn, Steph,Insider and Meds have brainwashed me too :P

Seriously,I hope they have the means to make it to the end of the season and more...but I doubt they will achieve much.But again, my predictions are usually crap so...

Oh and also glad that Button,the F1 hottie is staying. :P

That

Brawn GP sounds good :D Sounds like a team that will make history.Damn, Steph,Insider and Meds have brainwashed me too :P

Seriously,I hope they have the means to make it to the end of the season and more...but I doubt they will achieve much.But again, my predictions are usually crap so...

Oh and also glad that Button,the F1 hottie is staying. :P

Budgets, sponsors, redundancies, world financial climates, 'Oh no! we can only afford shiny bog paper'.... whatever, with a tiny bit of intervention from Lady Luck this team will stick in your mind for years to come - as a great source of enjoyment and seeing success rise from 'the ashes' (did we take them back from Oz yet?). Without the 'lucky' bit, it'll be a very respectable effort.

I don't want to p1ss on any fires here, least of all Brawn GP's (God knows they have been through it and I for one, wish them the very best), but on what foundation, other than hope, are some of us suggesting that the Brawn's will be anything other than near the back?

The reason I ask is because although Ross Brawn's reputation needs no introduction, he cannot single handedly elevate Honda from where they were to a beautiful place. Not only that but with his eye being taken off the ball over the winter and the car's package being compromised by a change of engine, surely they cannot be anything other than also rans. Ferrari and McLaren have been able to focus with their heads down, as the top two teams, with momentum and the best sets of resources and stable technical staff.

I would laugh my head off if BrawnGP punch above their weight, it would be brilliant. But for the reasons I have stated, I just can't see it.

I Agree

If you are right, F1 will rise like a phoenix form the ashes of mediocrity and the smoke of disgusting overspend.

I agree completely.

After announcing in December that they would no longer be participating in the Formula One world championship, Honda took three months to finalize a new deal with Ross Brawn to take over the beleaguered team and have now bit farewell to the pinnacle of Motorsports and all the fans that have followed their team through the years.

Looks like their front wing is adjustable. Very interesting considering most teams look like they have "standard" front wings.

bgp001-6.jpg

bgp001-5.jpg

Looks very different from the wing Honda was testing last year.

honda-2009-front-wing-barcelona-test.jpeg

Looks interesting. Thanks for the pics. I'd like to see an analysis on the purpose of all them bits.

Looks interesting. Thanks for the pics. I'd like to see an analysis on the purpose of all them bits.

to go fast. analysis over.

Er is it me or are they testing on grooved tyres??? Why....????

I can only think that, as the team announced their intention to race so late in the day, Bridgestone may not have not delivered slicks to them yet. Nothing else make sense, as the balance of the car would be comprehensively different. Are these 09 rain tyres, perhaps? Either way, it wasn't a test - they just wanted to see if all the bits worked.

I have changed my avatar to show my support for the new enterprise. I am also a lifelong West Ham supporter. The eternal optimist - that's me folks.

I have changed my avatar to show my support for the new enterprise. I am also a lifelong West Ham supporter. The eternal optimist - that's me folks.

well, they suck :P There's nothing like losing the championship like Liverpool did though, I hope they get rid of Bernitez, man, he made some really bad decisions this year!

Well, I did change avatar but it didn't work - weird! Can anyone one figure that out?

Rumours abound that this Austrian online betting firm may be a Brawn sponsor.

https://www.bwin.com/

Well, it was those pesky cookies. I reset Safari and me new avatar appeared. OK, here we go [clear throat] - BRAWN ROOLS!!!

I understand Brawn are still waiting for FIA approval on it's engine deal. Don't you dare Max....

Well, it was those pesky cookies. I reset Safari and me new avatar appeared. OK, here we go [clear throat] - BRAWN ROOLS!!!

Ah, just in time Sean.... you want to see the start they've had in Barca - nice and quick out of the box, a 1:21.1 so far. Mwa hah ha ha harrrrrr :D

I understand Brawn are still waiting for FIA approval on it's engine deal. Don't you dare Max....

Sid, what are the kind of changes they will have to make to the car inorder to accomodate the Mercedes engine? Do you think their Kers would work well the Merc engines? Sorry if this question has been raised and answered earlier, don't mind.

Sid, what are the kind of changes they will have to make to the car inorder to accomodate the Mercedes engine? Do you think their Kers would work well the Merc engines? Sorry if this question has been raised and answered earlier, don't mind.

I'm no engineer but I'll give you an opinion. Apart from any weight or size anomolies, it's where you locate KERS that I imagine would have been a main consideration. It would certainly effect ballast placement, fuel tank location etc. Obviously, overall car balance may have had to be re-configured too.

Button fastest in Barcelona this morning. Of course. Do we expect anything else from the master of smooth? YIPEEE!!!!!!!

Jens just eight tenths off today's best time from Heidfeld. Good start. Everyone will say they were running on fumes in an effort to attract a sponsor. So what? Ross has got to do what Ross has got to do, right? Whatever it takes. I think it has more to do with JB losing a few more kilos, [God knows where from!] and another 80+ hp from the Merc lump. There's a long way to go but I'm encouraged.

Well they have been going well today, at least it shows that they are not completely screwed, the car seems to be reliable and have some pace.

Good luck to 'em, I say.