Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FormulaSP

Brawn Gp

:coolio:

Jenson Button's debut in the new Brawn BGP001-Mercedes was still hotly debated in the paddock. Was his 1.21,140 time a serious lap time or a staged show to attract sponsors?

The answer will not please the competition. The time was real.

"If people knew how much fuel we had on board, they would be surprised," smiled team boss Ross Brawn.

"Even with our engine partner Mercedes, they did not want believe it when we told them about the contents of the tank".

It is not absurd to believe that Brawn Grand Prix will be the fastest Mercedes team in Melbourne. For Ross Brawn, the brilliant debut of his car is not surprising. "We knew from our simulations, the theoretival lap times this car could drive in Jerez, Bahrain and Barcelona. When we saw the times of the competition, we were surprised that they were not faster."

Long development time

But how can a team that last year, despite the support of the Honda, only reached the ninth-place in the constructors championship, as a private team suddenly drive at the front? There is an answer for that: No team has started with the development of the 2009 car as early as Brawn's team.

"We had the time to go through all concepts. So we have been able to make the best choices."

Only now, time is running out. Brawn GP has to do their winter testing program in seven days. The four days in Barcelona next week followed by three in Jerez.

...and BrawnGP won't be using the Merc/Macca KERS due to them using their own gearbox, and that the Macca system is far too bulky to fit where they'd planned their own KERS components to be. But hey, the extra oomph that Jense and Rubens are getting from the Merc lump must be like KERS to them!

"It starts here..." "What does?" Rattling the establishment of course - oh boy, I can't wait for Melbourne :yahoo:

Just to cheer you up a bit more, Meds, Rubens is currently fastest guy on track.

Go here: http://www.f1today.nl/live-update/2009/03/...t-de-catalunya/

RB now second, but not a bad effort I must say. But to inject a note of realism, he did break down on track earlier. Reliability will be their bugbear.

Indeed Russ, they'll need to get rid of the gremlins as soon as poss - and thanks for the link - I've been sat at work with 4 'live timing' sites on the go so I don't miss any of the action ^_^ - these last two tests are as close as we'll get to seeing their real pace before Melbourne.

As for BrawnGP, I would think right now they're establishing a good race pace and releibility issues, Jerez is where they'll let rip.

BrawnGP Ain't you just crackers about them :P

**** me! Please let this be true!

I am getting more excited by the day!

Oh, Button cut like 8 chicanes and he drove naked to improve the overall weight. :lol:

Hahahaha

Oddly the thought of Button naked isn't actually all that arousing really! I like things to be kept covered so when you do finally see it makes it all that more special (or disappointing if they have a penis the size of a pea!)

Oddly the thought of Button naked isn't actually all that arousing really! I like things to be kept covered so when you do finally see it makes it all that more special (or disappointing if they have a penis the size of a pea!)

Hey, they are F1 drivers. A small penis size is part of the requirements to be fast, just look Hamilton. :whistling:

well, they suck :P There's nothing like losing the championship like Liverpool did though, I hope they get rid of Bernitez, man, he made some really bad decisions this year!

Oh that's so rich coming from a Kimi fan. It's a good job it's not the same criteria used for judging racing drivers, isn't it??? :whistling::lol:

Indeed Russ, they'll need to get rid of the gremlins as soon as poss - and thanks for the link - I've been sat at work with 4 'live timing' sites on the go so I don't miss any of the action ^_^ - these last two tests are as close as we'll get to seeing their real pace before Melbourne.

As for BrawnGP, I would think right now they're establishing a good race pace and releibility issues, Jerez is where they'll let rip.

BrawnGP Ain't you just crackers about them :P

Yep, I am, actually. I've always liked Ross Brawn, so it will be interesting what he does with an F1 team. It's added a bit of excitement to a dreary off season, if nothing else :lol:

Oh that's so rich coming from a Kimi fan. It's a good job it's not the same criteria used for judging racing drivers, isn't it??? :whistling::lol:

:yes:

I see Liverpool aren't doing terribly well, but I wouldn't jump on Benitez... especially because that's what people always do, so it's boring to imitate them :P

I see Liverpool aren't doing terribly well, but I wouldn't jump on Benitez... especially because that's what people always do, so it's boring to imitate them :P

At least they're going to enjoy a good match tonight while I'll have an early go to bed for dinner. :(

Well, the last few weeks hasn't been great, but I think we still have more points at this point of the season than any other under Benitez. Put it this way, I never expected to win the prem this year, despite the good start to the year, so if we put in a good stint to the finish and at least be there or thereabouts, then I'll be happy.

At least they're going to enjoy a good match tonight while I'll have an early go to bed for dinner. :(

I think it may be quite boring, to be honest, but I will still be there at the ground!! :lol:

Keane. His bad decisions on gameplan. Playing that fool Luca who looses every ball he gets to his opponents, for this alone Benitez should be slaughtered. His crazy remarks about Ferguson and then be made to look like a fool 2 games after as Liverpool relinguishes the lead.

He's been terrible exposed........ a bad bad decisionmaker. Liverpool lost this championship because of him!

I think it may be quite boring, to be honest, but I will still be there at the ground!! :lol:

Hmm, I've never watched an interesting football match at the ground... anyway, Liverpool should be grateful that I'll drag my a## to the pub to watch it on TV XD

Paul, if they screw up a lot make sure to yell for 2 :D

I hope it's so boring you'd prefer to be in a Cafe with Muzza talking about spec cars vs. innovation. :scarf:

Well, the last few weeks hasn't been great, but I think we still have more points at this point of the season than any other under Benitez. Put it this way, I never expected to win the prem this year, despite the good start to the year, so if we put in a good stint to the finish and at least be there or thereabouts, then I'll be happy.

My thoughts exactly, Paul. Liverpool have been made to look bad by Chelsea and Arsenal as much as Utd. Lpool were never going to be realistic contenders over a whole season (imho) but Chelsea underperformed and you did well, so everyone got unrealistic hopes.

I hope it's so boring you'd prefer to be in a Cafe with Muzza talking about spec cars vs. innovation. :scarf:

:lol:

I posted this in the 'Pre-season' testing thread too'.

Ross Brawn says Button's sterling pace in the BGP001 on Monday was genuine.

"If everyone knew how much fuel we had on board, they would be surprised," Brawn told Auto Motor und Sport, who said the Briton was 'smiling' as he gave his answer.

"Even our engine partner Mercedes didn't believe it when we told them," he added.

Barrichello posted 1:20.966 at lunch in Barca today. He was second overall despite some problems this morning. I think this car is expremely fast - period.

Already posted and applauded though, Sid XD

Sorry!