Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FormulaSP

Brawn Gp

Forget about it Ben!

And Paul, I was trying to say that only Casillas was great, but the performance of the team as a whole was quite not so good... Of course, they didn't give up, but they weren't really organized either. They didn't start to reach Reina until Liverpool were comfortably ahead and didn't pressure them.

Ahh, I see sorry. Yeah, they missed a couple of chances in the first half, that would have changed the game. One was easier to score than miss, the others were half chances, but they are the ones you need to put away at this level.

They are very much a group of talented individuals, but not a team, unfortunately.

Real Madrid use to employ stars.... superstars. Guys like Zidane etc. Now it's guys like Raul thats the top star.... a guy shines in a club match but when he's tested on the Big Stage arena, he looks ordinary... and then they lost that coach....

When you've quite finished faffing on like a herd of WAGS about a bunch of nancy boy footballers, get a load of this from Autocar. This a thread about Brawn GP - isn't it?

Jenson Button continued the new Brawn GP team's excellent start in Formula One by comfortably setting the fastest time of the week so far on day three of the Barcelona group test.

The British driver's time of 1:19.127 put him a full second clear of his rivals, and was a similar margin faster than the best times of the previous two days.

Given the level of superiority, Button's lap was likely to have been set in low-fuel qualifying trim, but data from the rest of the test suggests that the Brawn-Mercedes has also been competitive on long runs and with heavy fuel.

Button had been fastest for much of Brawn GP's first public test on Monday, before being edged back to fourth place by the day's end, while his team-mate Rubens Barrichello took third place yesterday.

From the outset Button had been confident that Brawn would be on the pace despite the team's turbulent winter.

"The package as a whole is working very well, there are obviously going to be issues and things that we need to solve, and things that aren't right," he had said on Monday.

"But I am very comfortable in the car and it reacts to changes which is good. The people that I am working with in the team are very focused on improving the car and moving the team up the grid by the time we get to the first race."

Ross Brawn said yesterday that his car's performance was no surprise to him given the effort Honda had put into their 2009 programme before the parent company's exit.

"It's 15 months of work," he said. "We said that we were sacrificing last year to concentrate on this car, and what you see is what we said we would do. So it is perfectly rational in my mind."

People can and will talk about what they want on here, you will learn that the title and purpose of the thread counts for sod all :lol:

Well done to Jenson though, let's hope they keep it up for Melbourne.

People can and will talk about what they want on here, you will learn that the title and purpose of the thread counts for sod all :lol:

Well done to Jenson though, let's hope they keep it up for Melbourne.

Yes, and calling us names won't help at all. Actually you're probably lucky that I didn't understand what wags meant. Anyway, I was considering finding a nice off-topic for this thread, just to show you better XD

But as always George is the voice of reason, so I'll be good.

Yes, and calling us names won't help at all. Actually you're probably lucky that I didn't understand what wags meant. Anyway, I was considering finding a nice off-topic for this thread, just to show you better XD

But as always George is the voice of reason, so I'll be good.

Got ya! :clap3:

well, we can't win the Premier League.... Just the Ueafa now and then :(

Liverpool+Real Madrid=14 Champion's League :scarf:

When you've quite finished faffing on like a herd of WAGS about a bunch of nancy boy footballers, get a load of this from Autocar. This a thread about Brawn GP - isn't it?

Indeed. We need to talk about the macho F1 drivers of today, who drive beasts of destruction on the edge....................with a flappy paddle gearshift, drinks on tap, power steering with an extra girly button to make it even easier to turn and they just sit on their arses for 90mins :whistling::lol:

Indeed. We need to talk about the macho F1 drivers of today, who drive beasts of destruction on the edge....................with a flappy paddle gearshift, drinks on tap, power steering with an extra girly button to make it even easier to turn and they just sit on their arses for 90mins :whistling::lol:

No, but if you have to talk about football please confine your remarks to fine teams like West Ham - the Brawn GP of the Premier League! :D

Running light? Or is Ross Brawn a genius? Probably both.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/03/11/...t-for-brawn-gp/

Indeed.

Who would say the are running with the "same" engine as McLaren. It would be great to see Button up there but BGP is done too well too soon to believe. Either they've freed restrictions on the engine or are running with some illegal pieces or the car's weight is below minimums. There should be something off. Of course, the great news would be if this was not the case. Wouldn't that make for an upset of the season at the last minute...

Indeed.

Who would say the are running with the "same" engine as McLaren. It would be great to see Button up there but BGP is done too well too soon to believe. Either they've freed restrictions on the engine or are running with some illegal pieces or the car's weight is below minimums. There should be something off. Of course, the great news would be if this was not the case. Wouldn't that make for an upset of the season at the last minute...

Ross B is the Chair of the FOTA Technical Group and clearly a man of integrity. The Brackley rescue heavily underlines that. I very much doubt he would do anything illegal. Jens is a very light driver and they would be mad to run the lump at anything more than 80% at this stage. All the evidence shows they are running normal fuel loads too. I just think they've cooked up a very quick car in the past 15 months and the Merc powertrain has complimented it. These things can happen in F1.

Ross B is the Chair of the FOTA Technical Group and clearly a man of integrity. The Brackley rescue heavily underlines that. I very much doubt he would do anything illegal. Jens is a very light driver and they would be mad to run the lump at anything more than 80% at this stage. All the evidence shows they are running normal fuel loads too. I just think they've cooked up a very quick car in the past 15 months and the Merc powertrain has complimented it. These things can happen in F1.

You didn't understand my comment. I didn't mean that they are doing something illegal. I meant that there is a good chance that they are testing with equipment they won't be able to use during the season....

Even with 15 months of development, to hit the ground running like this is simply too much. After all, if this is going to be the surprise of the season, Honda goofed up even more than anyone suspected. Surely, they must have known where they were.

But, again, bring it on. I think it would be great if BGP leaves all others in the dust..

As you say, it's highly unlikely. In any case even if their Melbourne pace is strong it's unlikely they will be able to keep pace with development through the season. But it would be great for the sport if they did!

You didn't understand my comment. I didn't mean that they are doing something illegal. I meant that there is a good chance that they are testing with equipment they won't be able to use during the season....

Even with 15 months of development, to hit the ground running like this is simply too much. After all, if this is going to be the surprise of the season, Honda goofed up even more than anyone suspected. Surely, they must have known where they were.

But, again, bring it on. I think it would be great if BGP leaves all others in the dust..

I think its obvious Honda goofed up and made a rash decision selling of the F1 team, but they are blaming economic climate which i can understand. I mean Japan is in a state at the moment. Also the team had two seasons where they didnt have a main sponsor. So all the money came out of their own pocket. Now that the car industry is taking a massive dry spell Honda had to make some drastic actions quickly so it made sense to sell of they're team which was involved in a high costing sport which performed badly for the last 2 years and didnt have any main sponsors.

In simple terms, Honda just didnt have the money to throw away anymore. So selling the team got rid of alot of costs for the firm.

And im not suprised they're performing well at the moment. After 15 months of hard work and non stop development and performing this well, how is it too much? I mean Honda did focus practically 90% of theyre 2008 season developing this years car which was designed with a fully working wind tunnel and a new design team (they didnt use Shuhei Nakamoto the guy who led the design of the dog of a car in 2007) which includes ex BMW, Red Bull, Williams and Mclaren designers. Also with the financial backing of Honda at the time and recruitment of Brawn helped lead the team, they had a really good combination for 2009. Having two decent drivers too and a Mercedez drive train/engine Im not suprised they're doing sooo well and setting a good pace.

Dont forget Ferrari and Mclaren have spent much of 2008 developing their 2008 cars right up to the last race as they were still fighting for the championship. So this gave a chance for practically all the other times to gain on Ferrari and Mclaren. Renault Toyota and Red Bull being the biggest gainers.

So maybe Brawn GP just have a decent package through hard work? Well down Brackley!

^^Good post.

Honda are still funding Brawn though. Brawn will take the results and the glory and Honda will foot the bill for 2009; they really are poor decision makers.

I think its obvious Honda goofed up and made a rash decision selling of the F1 team, but they are blaming economic climate which i can understand. I mean Japan is in a state at the moment. Also the team had two seasons where they didnt have a main sponsor. So all the money came out of their own pocket. Now that the car industry is taking a massive dry spell Honda had to make some drastic actions quickly so it made sense to sell of they're team which was involved in a high costing sport which performed badly for the last 2 years and didnt have any main sponsors.

In simple terms, Honda just didnt have the money to throw away anymore. So selling the team got rid of alot of costs for the firm.

And im not suprised they're performing well at the moment. After 15 months of hard work and non stop development and performing this well, how is it too much? I mean Honda did focus practically 90% of theyre 2008 season developing this years car which was designed with a fully working wind tunnel and a new design team (they didnt use Shuhei Nakamoto the guy who led the design of the dog of a car in 2007) which includes ex BMW, Red Bull, Williams and Mclaren designers. Also with the financial backing of Honda at the time and recruitment of Brawn helped lead the team, they had a really good combination for 2009. Having two decent drivers too and a Mercedez drive train/engine Im not suprised they're doing sooo well and setting a good pace.

Dont forget Ferrari and Mclaren have spent much of 2008 developing their 2008 cars right up to the last race as they were still fighting for the championship. So this gave a chance for practically all the other times to gain on Ferrari and Mclaren. Renault Toyota and Red Bull being the biggest gainers.

So maybe Brawn GP just have a decent package through hard work? Well down Brackley!

I live in Japan and, while I don't have friends at Honda, I know some engineers at Toyota. The situation is difficult for both companies. Toyota is letting go thousands of people and, yet, they are still throwing money at the F1 team. The talk around here is that Honda messed up because the pullout was about saving face (very important in Japanese culture) and not about lack of economic resources. Well, they messed up that one too. They've lost face and are looking like d#cks.

In any case, let us not forget that, just a few weeks back, Mercedes goes holding back on the engine deal with BGP. Are we to believe that Honda spent 15 months designing a car to use Mercedes engines? I don't think so. And so, in a few days, BGP takes a new engine (that is doing nothing for McLaren, btw), fits it in, and leaves everyone in the dust.

I think there is reason to be cautious here.

They've lost face and are looking like d#cks.

Yes, they must be quackers.

I think there is reason to be cautious here.

Of course. They're almost certainly quicker than I thought they'd be but you can never read much into raw testing times. They were 2.5s/lap faster than McLaren but that's less than the difference between a given car running on fumes and the same car full to the brim. If you consider all the other settings McLaren might not be optimising at this stage, it becomes clear that BGP aren't necessarily all that fast. But they might be.

Yes, they must be quackers.

:clap3: