Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash1

Is Mclaren Screwed This Season?

Is this the religion thread of 2009 already? Dear Lord, if you're really up there, looking down on us with fatherly love and goodwill, please help Lewis beat at least Alonso this year. With a big stick. Hard. Amen.

“Wisdom is to be found with God and nowhere else. And unless the quest for wisdom brings a man to his knees in awe and reverence, knowing his own helplessness to make himself wise, wisdom remains for him a closed book”

try again

You've just completely proved my point- why would I need to try again? In the words of Einstein, it's just "fear and absurd egoism". I'll take his wisdom over your crappy cut & pastes thanks.

Is this the religion thread of 2009 already?

Wait, we need to know who is the best team in Australia.

Is this the religion thread of 2009 already? Dear Lord, if you're really up there, looking down on us with fatherly love and goodwill, please help Lewis beat at least Alonso this year. With a big stick. Hard. Amen.

:lolroll:

You've just completely proved my point- why would I need to try again? In the words of Einstein, it's just "fear and absurd egoism". I'll take his wisdom over your crappy cut & pastes thanks.

It seems my signature is inconveniencing a few consciences :rolleyes: glad it wasn't in vain. And I do value yours and dribs interests, really!

Einstein, Oli, died terribly disillusioned because he got all the way down to the atom, all the way down to splitting the atom, and he still couldn't understand what the hell held it all together because it was nothing that could be measured scientfically. I mean the incomprehensibility of that alone is just absolutely staggering

It seems my signature is inconveniencing a few consciences :rolleyes: glad it wasn't in vain. And I do value yours and dribs interests, really!

Einstein, Oli, died terribly disillusioned because he got all the way down to the atom, all the way down to splitting the atom, and he still couldn't understand what the hell held it all together because it was nothing that could be measured scientfically. I mean the incomprehensibility of that alone is just absolutely staggering

I'd like to see a mix-up (ie someone else at the front). But if McLaren making a lemon means a Ferrari walkover, then I don't see why any serious fan of the sport would suggest it. Even the tifosi must get bored when there's no competition.

I still reiterate my belief that we won't know what's what until the cars go a full race distance. Tires are going to be a major issue this year, especially the rears, so how well or badly the car uses them will be a factor in determining pace. Let's wait until after a few race distances before we write off anyone.

Some sense finally.

A guy who belives in God would not have made a thread like this in first place. Blindly beliving that THERE is God and attacking a person or a group of people who have not even caused him any harm directly or indirectly makes him a satan workshiper. Calling a certain driver things like twat etc makes him look like he is is guided by satan according to belivers in God. If someone wants to preach, he should make sure he is qualified enough to preach, it does not need a certificate from the Pope, all he needs is to make sure his soul and words coming out of his mouth is clean enough, otherwise he makes himself look like he is full of bulls##t.

Hello, is anybody home. Abbas, abbas, are you there!!!?

Anyway, judging from the final testing times, I think we can all unequivocally agree that MaClaren are totally screwed this season.

A guy who belives in God would not have made a thread like this in first place. Blindly beliving that THERE is God and attacking a person or a group of people who have not even caused him any harm directly or indirectly makes him a satan workshiper. Calling a certain driver things like twat etc makes him look like he is is guided by satan according to belivers in God. If someone wants to preach, he should make sure he is qualified enough to preach, it does not need a certificate from the Pope, all he needs is to make sure his soul and words coming out of his mouth is clean enough, otherwise he makes himself look like he is full of bulls##t.

Abbas, you and the Dribbler (I like his name, I hope his wife does not mind) are intelligent men with good things. I would like to see more of your good things.

This Ash person is very dangerous with his words, there is no love or goodness in his soul. I think his God might not be the right one.

My English tutor says in English they would call ash a '****wit'. i will look this up to see what it is. But I don't think it is good.

How is your Mr Aston Martin?

EDIT: By the way. I have checked, and Mr Dennis is a Christian. Why then does Ash hate his fellow Christian? I have looked up '****wit' and it is not good. Please will somebody be lending Ash a bible, I think he might be reading the wrong one. We must help him.

Hello, is anybody home. Abbas, abbas, are you there!!!?

Anyway, judging from the final testing times, I think we can all unequivocally agree that MaClaren are totally screwed this season.

I have just been checking on todays testing and they seem to be very close to Renaults times now so from the increases in performance they are getting now in the testing and the vast experience this team has, I would politely suggest you are wrong Mr Ash.

I am wondering, will you be willing to offer an apology to those you have been very mean to, if McLaren finish the year in the top grouping of teams?

Please excuse me if I seem to be rude, it is not intended yet. An apology when you are wrong is the sign of a good man. i am sure you understand.

I expect if discussions concerning God have to go somewhere in this forum, then a McLaren thread is probably the best place to have it. There are God's team. At least, they were under this illusion coming into the season. However, the dog-carts that Jesus Hamilton and Friar Kovalainen have been shunting around Spain have clearly been smitten by something quite ungodly. Perhaps a joint exorcising group headed up by no lesser deities than Pope Maximillian the Turd and Abbot [and Costello] Ecclestone could come to the rescue with a new scoring system, or something along those lines? Sadly, I am not a believer.

Abbas, you and the Dribbler (I like his name, I hope his wife does not mind) are intelligent men with good things. I would like to see more of your good things.

This Ash person is very dangerous with his words, there is no love or goodness in his soul. I think his God might not be the right one.

My English tutor says in English they would call ash a '****wit'. i will look this up to see what it is. But I don't think it is good.

EDIT: By the way. I have checked, and Mr Dennis is a Christian. Why then does Ash hate his fellow Christian? I have looked up '****wit' and it is not good. Please will somebody be lending Ash a bible, I think he might be reading the wrong one. We must help him.

:clap3:

Einstein, Oli, died terribly disillusioned because he got all the way down to the atom, all the way down to splitting the atom, and he still couldn't understand what the hell held it all together because it was nothing that could be measured scientfically. I mean the incomprehensibility of that alone is just absolutely staggering – from one of the greatest (if not the greatest) minds in history.

The toughest intellectual barrier to the Christian faith was not the question of God creating the world. Simple reason – the reason of cause and effect was not hard for einstein to grasp. He saw that the universe was an effect and it had to have a source. He saw that the universe was designed and it had to have a designer. He saw that it was ordered and it had to come out of an orderly mind. And so Einstein concluded that there must be a mind behind the universe. He rejected the idea of matter simply bumping around endlessly in space until by random it formed itself into the universe that now exists. As he put it, quote: "The universe reveals an intelligence of such superiority that it overshadows all human intelligence." No, Einstein was not stumped by God as a creator. What really stymied Einstein was something far tougher than the doctrine of creation. It was the problem of evil and suffering. He knew there had to be a designer, he agonized over the character of that designer. How could God be good and yet allow terrible things to happen to people? Einstein couldn't resolve the problem of evil and suffering with a good God and so he turned completely away from the God of the Bible, the God he had been raised in Judaism to believe in.

The above was cut and paste from here I take it.....

http://www.gty.org/Resources/Sermons/90-235

Since you are too lazy to form your own thoughts, I won't bother either. I'll just quote Mr Einstein:

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish"

Roll on Melbourne...... :lol:

:lol:

The kindest thing you can say about Ash is: maybe he's an atheist making fun of Christians.

:lol:

The kindest thing you can say about Ash is: maybe he's an atheist making fun of Christians.

Precisely what I was thinking right now...

Look, his real name is Steve.

BTW are you interested in converting to the Church of Hamilton? B)