Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIDEPOD

New Points System? Starting From 12...

I'm hoping to change Formula One's points-scoring system myself. Formula One represents the pinnacle of innovative complexity; for too long the points system has been so simple the design team at Force India could understand it. From now on, the winner will be rewarded with 8 points for there are 8 letters in the word 'Hamilton'. First of the losers shall receive 5 points, for 'Massa'. Kimi will always receive 4 points, because it's funnier when Massa beats him. Nando will affectionately get a nano-point every race. Negative points will be awarded to Jenson, to see just how much bad luck he can take and Vettel will get his points when he leaves school.

To make sure the above never gets boring ('as if', I hear you cry) bonus points will be awarded. Formula One will take more seriously its commitment to promoting diversity on our nations' roads, so ethnic minorities will receive double points every race. For too long, women racing drivers have got lost on the way to the circuit, so from 2011, they will receive WDC points every time they hold those signs in front of the correct cars on the grid. Our sport must endeavour to inculcate strong moral fibre throughout the world and beyond, so Kimi will incur a 10 place grid penalty every time he's caught refilling his tank with Vodka.

These are the rules as seen by Lewis Hamilton's fans. But I say for too long our sport has been shackled with a spec-points system. No more standardised points. As soon as practical, I will allow each team to compete under its own points system. They will reveal how many points they won at the end of the race, which should make the press conference more entertaining for the fans.

Let us go forth and innovate! This is Max Mosley, signing off.

Give points for victory doughnuts, outspoken behaviour and sensible sunglasses.

I think the points should be awarded on attractiveness as well as finishing position! I should also be the judge, that way the championship would belong to jenson! :P

You British can do better than that, Muzza.

How about:

1) Points systems will be: 1.86 point for each lap. 6 laps make a "half Sglib". Every 2 and a half Sglibs there's a "Hummah" which basically consists on every driver changing into a Sigourney Weaver's costume. Points are awarded for the best hairdo.

2) If the Hummah falls between 2.32 and 2.42 local time (will be adjusted for night races), then it's called a "Klepton". There are 4 Kleptons in an "Inner Ballut", at that moment whoever is running last shall be forced to drink horrible warm beer. There is no such thing as an "Outer Ballut", yet nobody knows why.

3) Now, here comes the tricky part: If there's an Inner Ballut but there is also a tie between half Sglibs, then an extra hummah must be awarded. That is, of course, unless a Klepton is underway ini which case everybody must wait for at least 3 Inner Balluts to call for a Hummah. This is called a "Full Briatore". It does not award any points. By the way, 33 1/3 full briatores make a Plookza, which doesn't award any points either, but is rather an ancient measure unit for oil tankers.

And so on...

I think the points should be awarded on attractiveness as well as finishing position! I should also be the judge, that way the championship would belong to jenson! :P

Perfectly reasonable. Just one thing, how will Bob feel about minus points?

How about:

1) Points systems will be: 1.86 point for each lap. 6 laps make a "half Sglib". Every 2 and a half Sglibs there's a "Hummah" which basically consists on every driver changing into a Sigourney Weaver's costume. Points are awarded for the best hairdo.

2) If the Hummah falls between 2.32 and 2.42 local time (will be adjusted for night races), then it's called a "Klepton". There are 4 Kleptons in an "Inner Ballut", at that moment whoever is running last shall be forced to drink horrible warm beer. There is no such thing as an "Outer Ballut", yet nobody knows why.

3) Now, here comes the tricky part: If there's an Inner Ballut but there is also a tie between half Sglibs, then an extra hummah must be awarded. That is, of course, unless a Klepton is underway ini which case everybody must wait for at least 3 Inner Balluts to call for a Hummah. This is called a "Full Briatore". It does not award any points. By the way, 33 1/3 full briatores make a Plookza, which doesn't award any points either, but is rather an ancient measure unit for oil tankers.

And so on...

:lol: F'ing brill'.

I'm hoping to change Formula One's points-scoring system myself. Formula One represents the pinnacle of innovative complexity; for too long the points system has been so simple the design team at Force India could understand it. From now on, the winner will be rewarded with 8 points for there are 8 letters in the word 'Hamilton'. First of the losers shall receive 5 points, for 'Massa'. Kimi will always receive 4 points, because it's funnier when Massa beats him. Nando will affectionately get a nano-point every race. Negative points will be awarded to Jenson, to see just how much bad luck he can take and Vettel will get his points when he leaves school.

To make sure the above never gets boring ('as if', I hear you cry) bonus points will be awarded. Formula One will take more seriously its commitment to promoting diversity on our nations' roads, so ethnic minorities will receive double points every race. For too long, women racing drivers have got lost on the way to the circuit, so from 2011, they will receive WDC points every time they hold those signs in front of the correct cars on the grid. Our sport must endeavour to inculcate strong moral fibre throughout the world and beyond, so Kimi will incur a 10 place grid penalty every time he's caught refilling his tank with Vodka.

These are the rules as seen by Lewis Hamilton's fans. But I say for too long our sport has been shackled with a spec-points system. No more standardised points. As soon as practical, I will allow each team to compete under its own points system. They will reveal how many points they won at the end of the race, which should make the press conference more entertaining for the fans.

How about:

And so on...

You guys crack me up :clap3::clap3:

How about:

And so on...

:lol: Very funny. And perfectly simple. You should see the rules we have at uni. The middle fortnight of June is called ''May Week''; if you get an ''aegrotat'' you pass without sitting any exams; ''rustication'' is being sent back home as a punishment; staff called ''bedmakers'' are expressly forbidden to make beds; when you go down south you're ''coming up''; ''pennying'' is an illegal drinking game; and port must never be passed to the right at dinner, otherwise I think you have to run around the dining hall in a particular direction in full academical regalia befitting your rank in college.

Hilarious!! :lol:

FOTA announced on Thursday that it hopes to change Formula One's points-scoring system from the current 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 to 12-9-7-5-4-3-2-1 in order to incentivise winning races for championship contenders.

Read more at...

http://www.manipef1.com/news/articles/8824/

Exactly what I've wanted since the new system came in 2003. Need more reward for winning (not f**king medals though).

You're a genius. That would improve the show by 150%!

My wife would disagree - she used to like Jenson but not since the 'beard era'. Now the only sportsman she wants to run away with is Frank Lampard.

How about:

And so on...

:lol:

maure mentioned this in another thread! Do we really need a new points system??

I approve of it, it rewards the winner more deservingly than the last system. Better than some bollocking medal gimmick, anyhow.

How about:

And so on...

That was funny, OQO. Thanks.

Not sure that we need the change to be honest.

Not sure either, it could change the winner of 2005 and 2006. :huh:

:lol:

How about:

And so on...

:lol::lol::lol:

That was funny, OQO. Thanks. :lol:

I fixed your post to make it seem more sincere. :thbup:

Every 2 and a half Sglibs there's a "Hummah" which basically consists on every driver changing into a Sigourney Weaver's costume. Points are awarded for the best hairdo.

:D

For one minute I thought you were being serious there then I spotted the obvious mistake - everybody knows that in a Hummer you have to change into an Arnold Schwartzenegger outfit...

And now we also know why Bernie's so keen to get circuits to modernise - their changing rooms are obviously just not good enough :)

Outstanding logic but you miscalculated the top tier. Hamilton only gets five because the name he is most popularly known by is Prick. :lol:

How about:

And so on...

I DON

Lewis Nincompoop C0ck Monkey-man Hamilton. I say if we use hammy's full name, he'd be world champion by the 6th race. 'Numbers' is synonymous with India ...those dudes invented it!