Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Formula 1's New Champion: The Blackberry

Lewis Hamilton gets his hands on a radio-controlled version of his Formula One car in the latest viral ad from McLaren's title sponsor Vodafone.

The advert features his team making Hamilton's car fully controllable via bluetooth from a Blackberry.

Hamilton is not only made to look like he can steer the car, but he drives it out of the pits and is even seen driving it around a section of the Portimao track at the end.

Matt Bishop (McLaren Group Head of Communications and Public Relations) said: "Vodafone tech is pretty mega. I wouldn't say it replaces the need for Lewis Hamilton, because he's pretty mega too.

"But it's amazing what can be done with a Blackberry Storm and that's all I'm prepared to say about it at the moment!"

The viral can be viewed here.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLoANg6nNY

All i can say is Holy Moses!

Edit 1: Sorry guys......i couldn't get in the video link embedded in the post......let me try again......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiLoANg6nNY

Edit 2: D'oh! Sorry again........you'll have to copy and paste the link........look it up before it gets removed!

I am not really the first one to realise it's fake right???

Unless Blackberries now ship with a 10 km bluetooth range instead of 10m and all the rest i can think of and if this video was not a joke!

Right??

Hahahah! So in the end it's proved that in fact De La Rosa controls Hamilton's McLaren from the box :P

I am not really the first one to realise it's fake right???

Unless Blackberries now ship with a 10 km bluetooth range instead of 10m and all the rest i can think of and if this video was not a joke!

Right??

Why does it have to be bluetooth tech? Could simply be same signals as used for common cell coverge

What you'll find in Woking, is a closet full of dead men's bones. They all (Mclaren mecedes) s##t, eat, breathe, p**s and drink lies!

What you'll find in Woking, is a closet full of dead men's bones. They all (Mclaren mecedes) s##t, eat, breathe, p**s and drink lies!

Deluded.

I'm not gonna kiss and tell but from what i heard from my mate back at woking i can tell you that it's definitely not fake.

As far as I know, radio controlled F1 cars had been around since the Senna-Prost era! I remember reading about it! I simply don't believe a Blackberry can control an F1 car. It would require very sophisticated controls! The video also looks fake and I believe it's just an ad/pr video, nothing more!

As far as I know, radio controlled F1 cars had been around since the Senna-Prost era! I remember reading about it! I simply don't believe a Blackberry can control an F1 car. It would require very sophisticated controls! The video also looks fake and I believe it's just an ad/pr video, nothing more!

Maybe it's like the iphone advert, where that tiny writing at the bottom flashes up says 'steps removed and sequence shortened'. In this case the step removed is were he gets in the car and drives it :lol:

Maybe it's like the iphone advert, where that tiny writing at the bottom flashes up says 'steps removed and sequence shortened'. In this case the step removed is were he gets in the car and drives it :lol:

:lol: !

"Steps and Drivers were removed during this ad :lol: "!!

The ad is real I think, it would be even lamer to make an ad like that which was fake, and wouldn't be a good way of marketing themselves.

The technology surely does exist, your just not used to seeing it on a scale like that so it seems weird.

The ad is real I think, it would be even lamer to make an ad like that which was fake, and wouldn't be a good way of marketing themselves.

The technology surely does exist, your just not used to seeing it on a scale like that so it seems weird.

The technology exists for sure, but on a regular blackberry, straight from the factory?

Also who in his right mind would power down the pitlane, with poor visibility, a multimillion F1 car?

And what about the glitches and buggy software?

--"Please wait while steering left is attempted"

--"Steering left failed, steering again in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ..." :lol:

The technology exists for sure, but on a regular blackberry, straight from the factory?

Also who in his right mind would power down the pitlane, with poor visibility, a multimillion F1 car?

And what about the glitches and buggy software?

--"Please wait while steering left is attempted"

--"Steering left failed, steering again in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ..." :lol:

Hmm, not sure never used one, perhaps they just adapted it somehow. There are some clever people in F1 (despite what Murray says :P ).

OK, I'm quite dumbstruck at your postcount George. But after admitting it I think I'll be fine XD

Sorry for off-topic