Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craner Curves

Gp2 2009

So here's who is racing with which teams:

Barwa Addax-Romain Grosjean/Vitaly Petrov

iSport-Diego Nunes/Giedo van der Garde

Piquet GP-Roldan Rodriguez/Alberto Valerio

ART Grand Prix-Pastor Maldonado/Nico Hulkenberg

Racing Engineering-Lucas di Grassi/Dani Clos

Telmex Arden International-Edoardo Mortara/Sergio Perez

Super Nova-Javier Villa/Luca Fillippi

DAMS-Kamui Kobayashi/Jerome d'Ambrosio

Trident Racing-Davide Rigon/Hamad Al Fardan

Fisichella Motor Sport-Andreas Zuber/Luiz Razia

Durango-Davide Valsecchi/Nelson Panciatici

Ocean Racing Technology-Karun Chandhok/Alvaro Parente

DPR-Michael Herck/TBC

Looks like a very good driver line-up and should be a good season!

Yep several GP2 veterans in there and some new names. Btw where's Bruno Senna? No F1 and no GP2????

I believe Bruno's chances of a GP2 drive disappeared after Honda/Brawn made him wait a while before telling him they were keeping Rubens. I read he didn't want to do GP2 again anyway, would be a bit of a step back. He'll probably end up in DTM for this year.

As for the current contenders, don't rate many of them, Hulkenberg should win the title with Di Grassi and Grosjean in his mirrors.

On Senna, it's either gonna be a sportscar programme with LMP1 team Oreca in LMS and Le Mans or DTM.

I think there's a few guys that should do well, Grosjean, van der Garde, Hulkenberg, di Grassi, Mortara and Parente to name but few.

Pantano won it last year, Bruno was runner-up! This year, I'll be backing Hulkenberg, di Grassi or Kobayashi to win!

Pantano won it last year, Bruno was runner-up! This year, I'll be backing Hulkenberg, di Grassi or Kobayashi to win!
Pantano, but he's been in it since 2005, so yeah. Parente is my darkhorse for the title.

I haven't heard much about this Pantano fellow. How come he hasn't gotten an F1 test or something? Or did he?

Is that a joke Jez or what? I seem to remember him driving in F1 ages ago. That's why I find it a joke that he's racing in GP2 now, but what would I know.

I haven't heard much about this Pantano fellow. How come he hasn't gotten an F1 test or something? Or did he?

Don't you remember him at Jordan? He was Heidfeld's teammate. He was sacked before the end of the season. Don't ask me which season or why he was sacked. He wasn't that impressive at all. (Truth is, Jordans weren't impressive at all either)

Taken from wiki:

"He signed for the Jordan Formula One team in early 2004, but his season proved troublesome. He finished last in his first race in Melbourne, although did better than his more experienced team-mate Nick Heidfeld, who retired. He continued on racing, never managing to qualify or finish any higher than around the back of the field, and retiring on several occasions, failing to grab much attention. He was replaced for a one-off by German debutant Timo Glock (due to financial reasons) at the Canadian Grand Prix, who scored two points finishing seventh, ahead of team-mate Nick Heidfeld who was eighth. Pantano returned to his seat in the team for the next race in Indianapolis, but went out at the first corner after colliding with other drivers. He continued on with more disappointing results until the Italian Grand Prix at Monza, whereafter he was replaced by Timo Glock for the remaining three races of the season."

How come I remember Pantano but didn't have a clue that it was Glock who replaced him? My memory sure is selective XD

In 2004, he drove for Jordan. He raced a full season, apart from 4 races where he was replaced by Glock! Since then, he's done f*ck all!, apart from winning the GP2 series last season!

Well then, thanks for the e-ducation folks. I should've just gone to Wicci.

So in short, he got a chance in 04 with Jordan, had his a## handed to him (results wise)by a temp replacement (Glock), and was eventually permanently replaced by the temp replacement who handed his a## to him earlier on (results wise). Ok, I think I got it. :thbup:

So does anyone know what Pantano is doing this season?

Is he testing in F1?

Surprised he's not doing GP2 again.

So does anyone know what Pantano is doing this season?

Is he testing in F1?

Surprised he's not doing GP2 again.

He's not doing anything. The last I heard many months ago was he was trying to get an IndyCar ride. Which didn't happen. I'm not sure what he does next. He's never going to get an F1 drive, and I don't think GP2 drivers make any money, so it's not exactly a good series to have a career in.

Sucks for him that he already had his chance in F1 and didn't impress. At his age, winning a GP2 championship won't help him get back in the big leagues. Good luck to him though.

I can't see Lucas di Grassi not win the champoinship. He should be in F1.

Pantano? He was a god for Nico Rosberg.

2000 F1 benetton test driver

2001 F1 Mclaren test driver

2002 F1 test driver Williams

2004 F1 jordan 24th

2005 gp2 6th

2006 gp2 5th

2007 gp2 3th

2008 gp2 1st

http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/20/

http://www.driverdb.com/championships/GP2-Series/

I think hes got the most f3000 and equilivent wins of all time.