Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Craner Curves

Will You Be Getting Up Early To Watch The First Race?

Will you?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be getting up early to watch the first race?

• Yes!
    • Heck no!
    • Don't know yet, see how i feel.

So, with the F1 season fast approaching, for many of us once again it is that time to moan and grumble at how early the first race is on at. Mind you, it's not as bad as previous years, with a 5.00am start here in Britain. So will you be getting up at silly o'clock to watch the race live? It certainly warrants rewards, i remember Coulthard swearing about Massa last year, and of course, that wasn't included in the race re-run later on.

For me, it looks like i will be. I'm going to a relative's wedding that weekend, with the party starting Saturday evening and carrying on to early morning in Sunday, so i'll just stop up and watch it.

I always do! My first conscious memory of F1 is of waking up early to watch the Australian GP. Plus, don't you love sunrises? ^^

should be at 2pm for me.

but i might just get up early as an experiment in empathy.

I voted heck no, only because of my fortunate location. If there's gonna be a round that us Aussie's don't need to be up at midnight for, it may as well be the first! :D

Well yeah I'll be there but will have a sleep in thanks to the twlight hours of the GP this year. Will be the official TF1 reporter live from the AGP. Its a tough gig but someone has to do it.

Come on guys and girls, cheer up, I can sense the glares that i'm getting from you all at the moment :lol:

I voted NO thinking that this race would be at the same time as always but I checked in formula1.com and that website says the race will be a 2:00am in my local time, if is so then YES I will get up early to watch it.

So, with the F1 season fast approaching, for many of us once again it is that time to moan and grumble at how early the first race is on at. Mind you, it's not as bad as previous years, with a 5.00am start here in Britain. So will you be getting up at silly o'clock to watch the race live? It certainly warrants rewards, i remember Coulthard swearing about Massa last year, and of course, that wasn't included in the race re-run later on.

For me, it looks like i will be. I'm going to a relative's wedding that weekend, with the party starting Saturday evening and carrying on to early morning in Sunday, so i'll just stop up and watch it.

First of all full first capital letter topic is irritating.

Second, i will probably get up depending on when exactly is it.

Race will be at 3.a.m local time. So I won't get much sleep that day. Most races are at 8 a.m. local time, and I always wake up to watch them

Hell yes! 6 am here?Not bad. I'll even watch the pre-race show.I wonder who will commentate this year in La Sexta?I know that Lobato is one of them, but let's hope that Serrano doesn't continue.

should be at 2pm for me.

but i might just get up early as an experiment in empathy.

:lol:

:lol:

Yup, I'll be getting up early too. Does TF1 offer wake up calls?

Reminds me of a Lee Evans gag; He stayed in a rubbish guest house and asked the Landlady to give hima a wake up call

"What time?" she asked

"8 o'clock" said Lee

"Right, well give me a call at ten-to, just to remind me".

I don't sleep...

Guilt?

Nope will set the PVR on record and watch it live, but delayed several hours...

Bah! You'd get up if Bunton was a grid girl.

I could never miss it. It has to be live.

I'm torn between watching it live on Speed (whose coverage I loathe) or waiting 3 hours or so for the BBC coverage to be available on a torrent.

Does anyone know which parts the BBC are televising? Are they broadcasting any of it online?

I'm torn between watching it live on Speed (whose coverage I loathe) or waiting 3 hours or so for the BBC coverage to be available on a torrent.

Yep Speed coverage for me too, although I don't think it's that bad and I like David Hobbs. But perhaps being from across the pond, I don't know any better. Good news is that the Aussie GP is actually on Saturday evening so I won't have to get up in the wee hours of the morning. Although, that's usually when I set the DVR. Sunrise? Uh yeah...beautiful.

in fact here is like 4am or smthg. I'm not sure yet if its better to wake up early (risky to wake up, look around, and turn to other side), or not sleep at all (risky to not be able to see anything at 4am at all). I really need to get out of this island.

11pm for me, so no i won't be waking up early. And Oli to bad you don't like speed.

11pm for me, so no i won't be waking up early. And Oli to bad you don't like speed.

Well, I'm being melodramatic obviously, it's not that bad. But for the sake of a few hours wait I'd prefer to wait for the BBC.