Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Alms 2009

ALMS 2010!

De Ferran Motorsport closed. Poop. On a stick. In the hot sun. At a zoo. Next to the food court.

Simon Pagenaud will join David Brabham in the number 1 Tequila Patr

ALMS 2010!

De Ferran Motorsport closed. Poop. On a stick. In the hot sun. At a zoo. Next to the food court.

Simon Pagenaud will join David Brabham in the number 1 Tequila Patr

Also pity Porsche abandoned Penske & also where the hell is their LMP1 car?????

Penske are cheating meanies and get what they deserve :angry::(:)

Anyway, Porsche aren't building an LMP1 car. The plan is for Audi/VW to go to F1 in 2012, with Porsche becoming the Le Mans brand. So a few years to go. Lamborghini will probably be featured in Grand-Am.

GT2 grid got one car smaller. Farnbacher Loles has closed. Greg Loles arrested for mail and wire fraud. Just like Rick Hendrick! Except Rick Hendrick never actually did any time for it and became the only many in the history of life to say "thank God for this leukemia." Which makes one wonder if he faked leukemia to get out of prison. But he does raise a lot of money for it so I give him a lot of creidt. As for Loles, well, no health problems and no Bill Clinton to pardon him so the team is done.

Eric - thanks for the ALMS updates. I had not previously heard about the demise of de Ferran's team, which is a real shame. I've liked that man since I first saw him enter the CART series (with Jim Hall's team if I remember correctly). Money, and it's availability, continues to plague the sport.

...Farnbacher Loles has closed. Greg Loles arrested for mail and wire fraud. Just like Rick Hendrick! Except Rick Hendrick never actually did any time for it and became the only many in the history of life to say "thank God for this leukemia." Which makes one wonder if he faked leukemia to get out of prison. But he does raise a lot of money for it so I give him a lot of creidt. As for Loles, well, no health problems and no Bill Clinton to pardon him so the team is done.

Eric - I still say you are cynical way beyond your years. eusa_think.gifrolleyes.gif

de Ferran was going to retire as soon as he finished the Laguna round of ALMS 2009 & a great tribute to Chaparral as he painted his car "Chaparral white" to tribute Jim Hall who discovered him waay back in the ol' CART days! I think he won the race aswell!

de Ferran was going to retire as soon as he finished the Laguna round of ALMS 2009 & a great tribute to Chaparral as he painted his car "Chaparral white" to tribute Jim Hall who discovered him waay back in the ol' CART days! I think he won the race aswell!

If memory serves - and that's a dangerous claim for an old codger like me - de Ferran's won a CART race at Laguna Seca for Hall. Was it his inaugural win in that series? As I think of it, different generations but two classy gentlemen in the world of motor racing: Hall and de Ferran.

As an aside, in the glory days of CanAm I had deep devotion and admiration for the creativity of Jim Hall.

Yep, 1995 I think! & this ain't from my memory, I was 2 years old at the time, tis from wikipedia! Hope they didn't lie to me again like they lied about Louis Walsh being on Top Gear last Sunday!