Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Wdc To Be Decided On Wins

I'm apopleptic. Incandescent. Livid, even. What are those morons at the WMSC thinking of??? Aaaaaaarrrgh. And such.

So, when you've won enough races to seal the WDC, what's the point of turning up? Cretins.

So much for Alonso's optimism. No consistency will help this year it seems... What are they thinking? The FOTA idea was good already!!! b#####ds...

>

^ The last championships have been the closest in history.

Once the ratings will implode because the WDC is decided 1/2 to 2/3s into the season, reality will kick in.

Hmm. Maybe I should elucidate. I was referring to the fans not bothering to turn up. I don't think the casual observer will be overly concerned with who came second. What a marvellous way to cut your audience figures. Imbeciles.

>

^ The last championships have been the closest in history.

Well done Max.

Once the ratings will implode because the WDC is decided 1/2 to 2/3s into the season, reality will kick in.

You're right that the championship might finish a little earlier on average but fans will appreciate drivers and teams going all out for the win.

Well done Max.

Well done rain and Alonso-Hamilton stupidity.

You're right that the championship might finish a little earlier on average but fans will appreciate drivers and teams going all out for the win.

There won't be more overtaking, not really, because the old slipstream circuits, slipstream-able cars and slipstream driver mentality are all gone. Most likely you'll get more crashes and more innocent drivers suffering due to some "enthusiasts".

The most popular races ever where the 2007 and 2008 Brazilian GPs, and looks they'll remain like that forever.

this is so ridiculous. they say they couldnt change gap between positions points because the wdc would end earlier. ok, and can't it end earlier like this? also, how come it goes just for the winner and not for second position? this is so stupid that felipe would've won wdc last year! (*lol*) how could i ever live with that?!

Trust the FIA guys to find ways of plumbing to new lows.

What will happen this year?

1)Only the winner stands on the podium after a race.

2)If it's found that the leader of the race has no chance of being overtaken in the last few laps, the remaining drivers would do well to return to the pits & conserve the engine. Or if they continue, we won't see any jousts. What's the point in driving the wheels off, if it's going to come to naught?

3)If the WDC is already crowned much before the season ends, no sense in conducting the remaining races...it's anti-green.

4) You tell me.

Well if it all fails miserably halfway through the season then it will get changed again! So unfortunately we have a year of utter tripe!

this is so ridiculous. they say they couldnt change gap between positions points because the wdc would end earlier. ok, and can't it end earlier like this? also, how come it goes just for the winner and not for second position? this is so stupid that felipe would've won wdc last year! (*lol*) how could i ever live with that?!

Agree! Next step as in the 80

Disgrace!

What about consistency, what about getting 18 podiums... No no, if you have the best car half of the season + 1 race then you win. Period.

It's a little different than what many here are saying...

The guy with most wins clinches the title but point system will remain unchanged. So at the end of the year we'll have standings as usual for the WCC and also for the WDC, even if in this case the old point system will just apply for drivers from 2nd to last position....

VERY UGLY DECISION ANYWAY...

It is certainly the fairest system ever deployed in terms of driver reward but it is commercially suicidal. That it has been proposed by the rights holder makes it moronic in the extreme. I question the validity of the governing body accepting a proposition from FOM in the first place. Max will defend that by saying it was all his idea. The scoring system is purely a racing matter and has nothing to do with Bernie at all. I hope FOTA have the balls to challenge or refuse to recognise this decision en masse.

It is certainly the fairest system ever deployed in terms of driver reward but it is commercially suicidal. That it has been proposed by the rights holder makes it moronic in the extreme. I question the validity of the governing body accepting a proposition from FOM in the first place. Max will defend that by saying it was all his idea. The scoring system is purely a racing matter and has nothing to do with Bernie at all. I hope FOTA have the balls to challenge or refuse to recognise this decision en masse.

Indeederoonie.

They haven't even got the brains to publish this on the correct date, it was meant for the first day of April.

Nah, nah, nah - you're all missing the sub-plot here.

It will never happen that someone wins half-way through the season. Because the FIA will simply bend the rules as they have done the last few years to ensure that penalties happen to even it all up.

And Muzza, remember whilst you like the idea of the $30m cap, remember its the same people in charge managing it, making the same dopey decisions....

So they're changing the points system AND making the WDC decided on race wins? Why do both? Aren't they attempting to achieve the same thing?

Well if it all fails miserably halfway through the season then it will get changed again! So unfortunately we have a year of utter tripe!

>

^ Remember how long it took to bring back slicks ?!

Or the stupid safety car rule that still in place for 2 years.

Nah, nah, nah - you're all missing the sub-plot here.

It will never happen that someone wins half-way through the season. Because the FIA will simply bend the rules as they have done the last few years to ensure that penalties happen to screw it all up.

And Muzza, remember whilst you like the idea of the $30m cap, remember its the same people in charge managing it, making the same dopey decisions....

Corrected a bit. And don't forget that Murray worships Mosley, this won't work with him...

So they're changing the points system AND making the WDC decided on race wins? Why do both? Aren't they attempting to achieve the same thing?

No, they aren't changing the points system, that was an idea that FOTA presented, but the FIA simply rejected it and substituted it with the number of wins rule.

A pile of cod w*nk, decided by short sighted f*ck nuggets.

No, they aren't changing the points system, that was an idea that FOTA presented, but the FIA simply rejected it and substituted it with the number of wins rule.

Ah I see! That makes more sense. Thanks.

I predict a massive increase of team orders from the very beginning of the season. Say, for example, Brawn GP is really that strong as they appear to be, and Jenson and Rubens lead the pack in the opening, Jenson winning the race. If in the next race they are 1-2 during the end stages of the race, with Rubens leading, why on earth wouldn't they just have the drivers swap places: 2 wins for Jenson against 0 for anyone else is a massive lead in the WDC early on the season; most definitely a much better situation for the team than wins being 1-1 for the team drivers and anyone else being able to tie them the very next race.

Same logic applies to any team, of course. Which ever driver has managed to snap even a single win more than his team mate is in a much stronger position, and the pressure within the team is to support that driver.

I predict a massive increase of team orders from the very beginning of the season. Say, for example, Brawn GP is really that strong as they appear to be, and Jenson and Rubens lead the pack in the opening, Jenson winning the race. If in the next race they are 1-2 during the end stages of the race, with Rubens leading, why on earth wouldn't they just have the drivers swap places: 2 wins for Jenson against 0 for anyone else is a massive lead in the WDC early on the season; most definitely a much better situation for the team than wins being 1-1 for the team drivers and anyone else being able to tie them the very next race.

Same logic applies to any team, of course. Which ever driver has managed to snap even a single win more than his team mate is in a much stronger position, and the pressure within the team is to support that driver.

A very good point!

Well bollock me, I'm not impressed. I'll see what I can do.

That was bollocking funny :lol:

Indeed a very good, well thought out, rational point. Are you sure you haven't got us mixed up with another forum?? :eusa_think::lol: