Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Wdc To Be Decided On Wins

Perhaps there is an attempt for a moral reward for the driver in there somewhere and the fans, who will be satisfied once the driver with the most wins is also the champion.

Of course that doesn't make it any more right. The best driver in the best car will be champion, but what about the guy that fights in inferior equipment?

Who should be the hero in the end of the season?

The guy who had the best car/budget/luck/funds/sponsors and also was good enough to win and get the job done, or the guy that never gave up and fought with everything he had?

Also the title contenders will be separated from the rest maybe 6-7 races before the end of the season, maybe halfway...

If Kubica or Vettel for instance haven't won a race till the first half of the season but are a few points behind the leaders, who drive for the teams that can win races (because someone has to win every time!), who in his right mind would expect them to win all the remaining races?? :banana-wave:

Give it a chance before you bash it.

I can't think of any reason to change it after Brazil, but you know what, I'm so stoked about F1 being so close that I couldn't give a s##t if they announced they were racing SMART cars powered by KFC grease and George was going to be driving in All Murray's hot pants. Actually, I'd rather enjoy that.

(You know how awkward it is to make those jokes now that everyone knows I'm a minor. Oh well, I still will ;) ).

Give it a chance before you bash it.

I can't think of any reason to change it after Brazil, but you know what, I'm so stoked about F1 being so close that I couldn't give a s##t if they announced they were racing SMART cars powered by KFC grease and George was going to be driving in All Murray's hot pants. Actually, I'd rather enjoy that.

(You know how awkward it is to make those jokes now that everyone knows I'm a minor. Oh well, I still will ;) ).

Bah, what would you know? Shut up and call mommy to change your diapers!

(You know how easy would be to dismiss your opinions now) :P

I expect Renault, Toyota, Williams, RBR and even BMW will not agree on that farce. They could win a Championship if consistency and reliability are part of the game. Now they are already discarded. I hope those teams aren't happy with the changes but maybe they just want to participate in the Championship like mere companions.

Qui prodest?

6 out of 10 Ferrari

3 out of 10 McLaren

1? out of 10 BMW, Renault, BGP, Toyota...

2007: Kimi won 6 races, Hamilton 4, Alonso 4... Yet he won the Championship in the last lap of the last race. 2008?

I hope one of BGP's drivers win the first 6 races and the Championship's finished by may. <_<

Bah, what would you know? Shut up and call mommy to change your diapers!

(You know how easy would be to dismiss your opinions now) :P

Bah, what do you know? Shut up and call your caretaker to up your dose of Flomax!

(I'm 10 years further away from it then I used to be).

Sometimes it seems that FIA is a bunch of old farts that don't really know what racing is about.

I can remember some of their quotes about that new system from the past and the only argument they've come up with was that when somebody is running second he's most likely to settle for 8 points rather than fight for the win.

I've seen quite a lot of races in my life and apart from certain situations involving 2 teammates I can't remember a single driver who would not attack if he had a chance to do it and it doesn't matter if it's for 1st place or 15th.

Hmm another interesting side effect of the proposed system - unless you are in the title contention, you won't want a win, be more interested in getting points as anything below 1st scores points which are more valuable. So I can see situations where maybe someone lucks into a potentially winning situation (e.g. Panis in Monaco) and will be told to throw it away - in an extreme example e.g. wet weather where the main contenders have crashed out - you could have a gaggle of cars at the front of the race trying not to overtake each other as they don't want to be first!!!

That it has been proposed by the rights holder makes it moronic in the extreme.

That pretty much sums it up perfectly. What other possible rationale could there be, as the idea seems irrational? What a major F*ck you to FOTA, who I thought had a fairly good idea. The nonsense about encouraging overtaking is...well...nonsense. Isn't that what the new rules and tech changes are for i.e., descreasing turbulance, getting rid of barge boards etc... Will those sexah narrow rear wings make overtaking easier? TBD. Maybe. Who knows until the season starts.

But if the driver knows that a race win may mean a championship, this will change everything? *All of a sudden overtaking is easier than stealin candy from a baby? Excuse me, but I thought drivers always wanted to finish first. I'm so confused.

*I do not condone the theft of candy from infants regardless of how tasty said candy may be.

I don't think it is about aiding overtaking, and I don't think it is even about creating a better system, I think the point is that they rejected FOTA's proposals to undermine them, as if to say 'look, FOTA, we are still in charge of F1 whether you like it or not'.

Another thing. The current point system was designed to stop Schumacher dominating, well with these new rules, it means that someone cana ctually domiante a season again, althoguh seeing how close the teams are in testing, this is unlikely.

I don't think it is about aiding overtaking, and I don't think it is even about creating a better system, I think the point is that they rejected FOTA's proposals to undermine them, as if to say 'look, FOTA, we are still in charge of F1 whether you like it or not'.

Yep.

Next time when the now old system system will return after a s##tty (couple of) season(s), everyone will have learned their lesson, witch is leave the ****ing points system alone, it wasn't perfect, but all the others before it where worse.

This is ridiculous.

Theres so much wrong with this rule change.

Here's a few flaws.

What happens if theres a one-two of Ferraris but the 2nd placed driver has 3 wins and the 1st place team mate has 2 wins. Im pretty sure the teams will be tempted to use team orders with this rule in place. Not something i want to see.

Also what is the point in being the number 2 driver? If the number 1 driver is used by the team to get the wins. The number 2 driver will simply being racing around for points and having no possible chance in winning the WDC. Thats very motivation isn't it...

Kovalinen and Piquet Jnr must feel like a complete waste of space right now.

Soo many flaws which I cant be bothered to list.

Im starting to lose faith in F1 now...

if i was an top F1 team id be reducing relibility tests for working more on speed.

Also its easy now to be champion, just win 9 races.

A pile of cod w*nk, decided by short sighted f*ck nuggets.

Exquisitely put, sir.

Steph at least should appreciate it, since it negates the chance of another Keke Rosberg......

I'd prefer the EDC to be decided on number of 8th places recorded while riding a burro within 100 miles of Saskatoon in 13.7 K weather while raining BBQ sauce, if and only if the rider was not born in Korea and may have been a female in a previous life. By default, Adrian Sutil would clean up, with Ralf Schumacher in second. And they'd need to do a lot of cleaning up with all that BBQ sauce.

Alternatively, they could just place it on eBay.

(My point being, resisting change is natural, but give it a chance, it could be a lot dumber and you may find you like it. It was those exact words that convince Rainmaster to try it with a fat chick).

your can finish 6th in the points and still be champ. 6th

10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 0 0 0 0 0 0

8 6 5 4 3 8 6 5 4 4 10 8 6 5 4 10 8

6 5 4 3 8 6 5 4 3 5 4 10 8 6 5 4 10

5 4 3 8 6 5 4 3 8 6 5 4 10 8 6 5 4

4 3 8 6 5 4 3 8 6 8 6 5 4 10 8 6 4

3 8 6 5 4 3 8 6 5 10 8 6 5 4 10 8 5

Grrr!

Agreed.

your can finish 6th in the points and still be champ. 6th

10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 0 0 0 0 0 0

8 6 5 4 3 8 6 5 4 4 10 8 6 5 4 10 8

6 5 4 3 8 6 5 4 3 5 4 10 8 6 5 4 10

5 4 3 8 6 5 4 3 8 6 5 4 10 8 6 5 4

4 3 8 6 5 4 3 8 6 8 6 5 4 10 8 6 4

3 8 6 5 4 3 8 6 5 10 8 6 5 4 10 8 5

Bingo!

Steph at least should appreciate it, since it negates the chance of another Keke Rosberg......

But what about the chance of another Mexico City 64, Suzuka 89/90, Adelaide 94, Jerez 97 ?!