Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Wdc To Be Decided On Wins

Yes you're right. Still, imho the fans never know what's best for themselves. :P

Indeed Muzza, that's probably 'cos they're all different. Now then, if we had a single spec fan......... :P

Senile twat! Not you, ****ing Eccles cake! Arrogant little s##t!

:lol: Not a fan of the little gnome I take it Sean? It's ****ing not often we shagging well see so many ****ing tw#tting knobing sodding a##e t#t w#nk swear words to make a point in one's post :lol:

:lol:

...they'd all be perfect like me! But if everyone became perfect, would I still be smug, that's the question.

If...

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=45053&PO=45053

However, Mosley counters that it is the design of the cars, not the points system, that makes overtaking an infrequent occurrence. 'If the idea is to make people keen to overtake then we need to do a better job on the cars' bodywork than we have done," he told journalists at a lunch on Wednesday.

"Fiddling around with the points system won't fix the problem."

Then...

From http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72472

And although Mosley concedes that the current 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 format is not ideal, he thinks it wrong simply to overhaul the regulations for the sake of it.

"We'll make a market survey and decide based on the results," Mosley told Gazzetta dello Sport. "Extending the points-paying positions to the top eight by reducing the difference between first and second was a mistake, but I'm against changing the points system too often. It disorientates people."

But...

Ecclestone: New system certain for 2010

By Matt Beer Sunday, March 22nd 2009, 14:34 GMT

Bernie Ecclestone remains adamant that the 'winner takes all' championship system will be introduced in 2010, despite the change having seemingly been abandoned for this season...

Although this was taken as a sign that the scheme would not be implemented, Ecclestone insists it has only been postponed, and will just be put into the 2010 rules sufficiently early that the teams' consent would be unnecessary.

"It will be (introduced) next year," Ecclestone told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"It will be supported by the FIA and it will be in the regulations. So when people enter the championship, that's what the regulation will be."

What?!

:ph34r: Ninja'd

It's a gift... but a gift that requires you to misinterpret what I post. So let's say it is a lesser gift... unlike, for example, my exquisitely devilish Viennese Waltz moves.

Political machinations, indeed.

Consider this. FOTA got together to change the scoring system (among other things) and were hit with a different change of the scoring system that now, FOTA says, was done too late. If it was too late, why did FOTA got together to change the scoring system _themselves_?

I admit to smiling wile I write this, but I don't fancy you as a dancing partner either - no offence intended.

Here are the regulations that the FIA broke:

"Appendix 5 of the F1 sporting regulations details how regulations can be changed in F1, while Article 199 of the International Sporting Code says that the FIA cannot make changes to the sporting regulations at this late stage without unanimous approval of the teams.

It says: "Changes to sporting rules and to all regulations other than those referred to in B) above are published at least 20 days prior to the opening date for entry applications for the championship concerned, but never later than 30 November each year.

"Such changes cannot come into effect before 1 January of the year following their publication, unless the FIA considers that the changes in question are likely to have a substantial impact on the technical design of the vehicle and/or the balance of performance between the cars, in which case they will come into effect no earlier than 1 January of the second year following their publication.

"d) Shorter notice periods...may be applied, provided that the unanimous agreement of all competitors properly entered for the championship or series concerned is obtained."

How about that. It was article 199... btw, freaky, you were right. It is written in that anything can change whenever if there is consensus.

I admit to smiling wile I write this, but I don't fancy you as a dancing partner either - no offence intended.

None could be possibly taken. Fancy me as you please... _that_ makes me smile.

On a much more positive note, it demonstrates that the FIA cannot maintain such an absurd set of rules without the consensus of the FOTA and the F1 people.

But they can and will as it seems that there will be no way around these rules next season. Ecclestone appears to have taken it personally, probably because he honestly thought the teams were on board. The implication is that he had brought it up to the teambosses whenever and they had said 'yes' to anything he said, you know, humoring the old fellow...

Yes you're right. Still, imho the fans never know what's best for themselves. :P

"Never" is too strong... but there is merit in what you said if we also ignore the implication that there is someone somewhere who knows what's best.

Good news that this rule was reversed.

For me, F1 is all about consistency and the only way that we can achieve that, is to award the title to the driver that gets the most points which is something that this rule didn