Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Fota Hits Back At Fia!

Do they need Max&Bernie?

No, they don't and neither do we.

The Gurney White Paper. It's what happens when minds are in use. There are many minds in F1. I say let them be used. CART fell eventually, but it certainly was one badass open wheel series before then (and it wasn't the system's fault, in my opinion, but I know nothing).

My point is this: competitors can run a series. But as the competitors change, things may or may not be so stable. With that warning, make your own decisions.

I personally don't like this whole FIA/FOTA war going on. I just don't think a split is good for the sport. The fact is, FOTA can say what they want, but they're still racing, and all of us are still watching. And that alone makes all the things they highlight very small and insignificant, even if a lot of people agree with them.

And it goes both ways. When a dictator (or two) run a series, when the dictator changes, so does the sport. Bernie isn't going to be around forever, and neither is Max. The system isn't the problem, the people are.

So I guess in that whole mess of contradictions I'm trying to say, sit back, enjoy your F1, and be patient. Things. They work out in the end. It's just a sport.

Because...?

Marathon runners would use motorbikes.

The Gurney White Paper. It's what happens when minds are in use. There are many minds in F1. I say let them be used. CART fell eventually, but it certainly was one badass open wheel series before then (and it wasn't the system's fault, in my opinion, but I know nothing).

My point is this: competitors can run a series. But as the competitors change, things may or may not be so stable. With that warning, make your own decisions.

I personally don't like this whole FIA/FOTA war going on. I just don't think a split is good for the sport. The fact is, FOTA can say what they want, but they're still racing, and all of us are still watching. And that alone makes all the things they highlight very small and insignificant, even if a lot of people agree with them.

And it goes both ways. When a dictator (or two) run a series, when the dictator changes, so does the sport. Bernie isn't going to be around forever, and neither is Max. The system isn't the problem, the people are.

So I guess in that whole mess of contradictions I'm trying to say, sit back, enjoy your F1, and be patient. Things. They work out in the end. It's just a sport.

Smart little man this cinco person....reminds me of someone, though I can't quite pick where from.... :confused2:

Something IS afoot....maybe the teams are pressing for something, knowing full well that Bernie and Max WILL NOT BE THERE FOREVER whereas the majority of the teams will.

With no Concorde Agreement in place the teams are actually racing on a handshake as much as anything. There may well be more reasons than has been reported in the media, why no agreement has been reached, let alone signed.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a governing body for F1, nor a teams association, just so long as the governing body has a cast-iron mandate, built into it's charter to consult widely with the teams over all technical and rules matters. In reality, the FIA is autonomous and it's decisions are made unilaterally. With Moseley involved, it operates as little more than a fascist dictatorship - a real chip off the old block, what? FOM is exactly the same sort of outfit. FOTA needs to bare it's fangs to both Bernie and Max and threaten to move on, forming their own series and rules committee. Total anarchy. Someone like Jean Todt or Eddie Jordan could run the former and former drivers like Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, Jean Alesi etc., plus some men with spanners and calipers, the latter. It's the only way forward, as I see it, unless of course, both Bernie and Max retire. Yeah, right.

I read a lot on this forum about the merit and validity of FIA-driven budget caps and cost control. Piffle! Cost-cutting, my arse! Most teams have voluntarily made wholesale cuts in workforces, trucking, five-star salaries and travel already - they didn't need Max for that; the global economy and shareholder pressure demanded it. Making powertrains and KERS into an affordable off-the-shelf package was pretty much a teams-drive initiative anyway. They needed the income and to keep people in their jobs. The engine tender farce was a catalyst but Merc were already talking to Renault and Ferrari about supplying the smaller teams anyway. It was partly why FOTA was formed in the first place. It's the FIA's constant tinkering with spec and rules that is now driving the costs back up! F1 sport needs stability, not standardisation. Makes some rules and stick with them for at least the foreseeable future. Don't trying fixing stuff that ain't broke and let these bloody teams compete, for chrissakes! What F1 doesn't need is small-time despots like Mr Whippy and the Poison Dwarf!

Fat chance, His english is better than Luca's.

Probaly Jean le Frog on his last day at the office. :D

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a governing body for F1, nor a teams association, just so long as the governing body has a cast-iron mandate, built into it's charter to consult widely with the teams over all technical and rules matters. In reality, the FIA is autonomous and it's decisions are made unilaterally. With Moseley involved, it operates as little more than a fascist dictatorship - a real chip off the old block, what? FOM is exactly the same sort of outfit. FOTA needs to bare it's fangs to both Bernie and Max and threaten to move on, forming their own series and rules committee. Total anarchy. Someone like Jean Todt or Eddie Jordan could run the former and former drivers like Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, Jean Alesi etc., plus some men with spanners and calipers, the latter. It's the only way forward, as I see it, unless of course, both Bernie and Max retire. Yeah, right.

I read a lot on this forum about the merit and validity of FIA-driven budget caps and cost control. Piffle! Cost-cutting, my arse! Most teams have voluntarily made wholesale cuts in workforces, trucking, five-star salaries and travel already - they didn't need Max for that; the global economy and shareholder pressure demanded it. Making powertrains and KERS into an affordable off-the-shelf package was pretty much a teams-drive initiative anyway. They needed the income and to keep people in their jobs. The engine tender farce was a catalyst but Merc were already talking to Renault and Ferrari about supplying the smaller teams anyway. It was partly why FOTA was formed in the first place. It's the FIA's constant tinkering with spec and rules that is now driving the costs back up! F1 sport needs stability, not standardisation. Makes some rules and stick with them for at least the foreseeable future. Don't trying fixing stuff that ain't broke and let these bloody teams compete, for chrissakes! What F1 doesn't need is small-time despots like Mr Whippy and the Poison Dwarf!

Yeah, what he said.

Alonso, saying the same the FOTA said, only in a more understandable English:

"I don't understand the need to constantly change the rules of this sport," the Spaniard told his on his official website. "I think that these types of decisions can only confuse the fans.

"Formula One has developed for more than 50 years thanks to the teams, the sponsors, the drivers and, above all, the fans throughout the world, and none of them have been able to put their points of view in front of the FIA.

"I'm concerned not so much about the decisions that will affect the season which is about to start but, above all, those that will affect the future of the competition in the coming years.

"I hope that there's some way in which these measures can be reconsidered in the short term."

Source

Smart little man this cinco person....reminds me of someone, though I can't quite pick where from.... :confused2:

Probably from your local KFC.

The future of F1 should be decided collectively by FOTA, FIA and FOM. The teams and the governing body should work together to decide the rules, and FOM should handle the commercial element.

Ideally, that is how I would have it run, as it would probably give the best results (i.e. racing, competition, reduced expense, increased spectacle, all those nice words). Nevertheless the power struggle is fun, and everything usually works out anyway (it could happen more quickly and easily with a better structure, though).

A long time ago and far away there lived a King and a Queen .They were very happy, for their first child, a girl, had been born.

" We must wow power leveling, have a grand christening for her," said the King , who was delighted to have a daughter.

"We must invite all the fairies of the kingdom to bless her," said the Queen.

"How many are there now ?" asked the King.wow gold,

"Twelve or thirteen," said his wife. "Send the invitations . We`ll soon find out ."

There were twelve fairies, and they were all sent invitations. A thirteen fairy had not been heard of for so long that it was presumed that she was dead. No invitation was sent. The day of the christening was sunny and bright. The Princes was named Briar Rose, and the fairies began to give their gifts.wow gold,

The gifts continued in this way, wishing all that was good for Briar Rose. Eleven of the twelve fairies had given their gifts when the room suddenly went dark. After a great flash of light a small dark figure stood in front of the King and Queen.

"All wow power leveling, the fairies of the kingdom have given their blessings. Well, here`s mine for the Princess. On her sixteenth birthday she will prick her finger on a spinning wheel and die."

There is still my gift for Briar Rose," she said. "The fairy`s curse cannot be undone, but I can change it a little. She will fall into a deep sleep that will last one hundred years," There was a great hubbub in the hall as everyone discussed the events.wow gold,

The following day the King issued a proclamation, ordering that all spinning wheels and spindles were to be destroyed. Throughout the land there were great fires as the spinning wheels were burned.

Over the years, power leveling, the Princess grew into a lovely girl. All who met her were enchanted by her.

Eventually, the bad fairy`s wish was forgotten. All spinning wheels and spindles had been destroyed ,so there was no reminder. And the fairy was not heard of again.

That part of the palace was very old, and there were very few people there. The base of the tower was in a corridor. The entrance was a small, very solid looking door. The key was on the outside.

"Today is her sixteenth birthday-the day when the curse may fall. Somebody must know where she is."

Nearly everyone had seen her, but nobody knew where she had been going.

"There must be a wonderful view of the rest of the palace and grounds from the window, "said the Princess . Then she heard a strange whirring sound. It was unlike anything that she had ever heard before.

She pushed the door open and went into the room. There, in the middle, sat an old woman working at a spinning wheel. Behind her was an enormous bed.wow gold,

She sat on the stool in front of the wheel and the wheel whirred round. As soon as she touched the spindle she pricked her finger. She fell to the floor in a deep sleep. The old woman, who was really the thirteenth fairy in disguise, picked her up and laid her on the bed.wow gold,

At that moment, all over the place, people began to asleep. The cooks who were preparing for the party fell asleep over the stirring and tasting. The scullery maids fell asleep over the washing up. The laundry maid fell asleep while they dusted, polished and prepared for the party.

Years passed, and from time to time a King`s son would come to the famous briar hedge to try and find the mysterious sleeping Princess that the legend spoke of. But none got through. The hedge was too strong and the Princes were cut to bits.wow gold,

went through into the palace grounds, walking past the sleeping rabbits, birds and butterflies, and the gardeners at their work. The kitchens were full of cooks and maids who hadn`t moved for a hundred years -- They were all fast asleep. Even the King and Queen who were seated at the table in the Great Hall were sleeping soundly!

The party was still to be held, but it was an engagement party instead of a birthday party. The Prince and Briar Rose were to be married.wow gold,

The hedge disappeared and the village saw the palace again and realised the legend had been true.

The bad fairy was never heard of again.

deep sleep Princess