Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Jean Todt Resigns From Ferrari

Poll  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should he head to BGP?

• Yep
    • Nope
    • Meh

Source

The Annual General Ferrari Stockholders' Meeting took place on Tuesday under the chairmanship of Chairman Luca di Montezemolo and apart from the usual economic reports, di Montezemolo announced Jean Todt's decision to resign his membership of the Ferrari Board of Directors and from all of the other positions he holds in the Company.

Todt has been with Ferrari since 1993 and in that time he has seen the Italian team return to their former glory as together with Ross Brawn and Michael Schumacher they broke record after record.

Montezemolo thanked Mr Todt on behalf of the Board of Directors and everyone at Ferrari, for the major contribution he has made to the success of the Scuderia over the years, and the commitment and dedication he has shown in all of the positions he has held since he arrived at Maranello in 1993.

"Jean Todt has been one of the leading protagonists of the Ferrari story of the last 15 years," declared Montezemolo. "Skill and passion have always characterised his work and have won him my persona respect and affection, the one of the Company as a whole and of the Prancing Horse enthusiasts everywhere. I would like to wish him the very best for the future which I hope will prove extremely satisfying both personally and professionally. All of these years we've spent together - victories and tough times included - have forged a link between Jean Todt and Ferrari that will never be broken."

Mr Todt's appointments at Ferrari included those of GES Director, CEO and Member of the Board of Directors and at this stage it is unclear as to where his next move will be to.

A ratther low key goodbye for one of the less likeable but most brilliant team leaders out there. The fantastic 4 (Schumacher, Brawn, Todt and Rory Byrne) certainly changed Ferrari forever. Most people forget that before these 4 came to Maranello, Ferrari was a joke of a team with a brilliant but distant past of glory.

I still hate your guts, Monsieur Toad. But my utmost respects!

The frog finally leaves the pond to Brawn!

Imagine that! Maybe I'll start a poll.

How the frig do I start a poll?

Oh there it is! :blush:

A ratther low key goodbye for one of the less likeable but most brilliant team leaders out there. The fantastic 4 (Schumacher, Brawn, Todt and Rory Byrne) certainly changed Ferrari forever. Most people forget that before these 4 came to Maranello, Ferrari was a joke of a team with a brilliant but distant past of glory.

I still hate your guts, Monsieur Toad. But my utmost respects!

If the toad goes to BGP, Schumi recently mentioned that he has not yet signed his contract renewal with Ferrari. Could it be a reunion at BGP? No one said wishful thinking was not good. Besides it still allows Rubens to be Schumi's lil bitch!! :lol:

I think he should go no where. I've got nothing but respect for the guy, brilliant's the word for him, but it's time to make way for Yankee Doodle Ken Anderson to come riding into town on a cheeseburger and kick some a##. Or something.

If he went to BGP I would be scared s##tless of them. I kind of already am.

If the toad goes to BGP, Schumi recently mentioned that he has not yet signed his contract renewal with Ferrari. Could it be a reunion at BGP? No one said wishful thinking was not good. Besides it still allows Rubens to be Schumi's lil bitch!! :lol:

Not only that, Michael could drive past the McLaren garage shouting " Nah, nah, nah-nah, nah. Finally you get me to have one of your engines, but now, honestly I kick your are with it, mwahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"

Audi F1. Jean Todt, Chairman & CEO. Ralf Schumacher, Team Principal. Michael Schumacher and Sebastien Vettel, drivers. perhaps? No?

If you have been a ferrari fan through the 90's, it's hard to say anything against JT. There is only one obvious choice for Todt and that's the FIA throne(cries of favouritism are sure to keep us entertained for many years to come).

I am only guessing haters blame him for some of scuderias shady choices? Maybe his face is connected with Ferrari wins and MS and that alone is reason enough? Brawn is more liked that Todt amongs non-ferrari fans.

Brawn, Todt, Schumi? The gestalt of F1's near past. How would the "non-marginalized" Mr. Fry fit in? Pure fantasy, I'm sure, but if this were to come to fruition I would /faint. I really would.

I would feel sorry for Rubenho. How interesting would it be if Schumi did get involved in BGP and Bruno were to come to BGP next year considering the history of Schumi/Senna. Again pure fantasy but fun to think about.

But most likely Todt will be making a run at Max.

Agreed, but hard to see how he could do a worse job

By saying "She needs mog of le punishment"?

People seem to forget Ferrari weren't a joke at all, they won races in 1994 - 1995 and were best behind benetton & williams.

There's no point at all in him going to BGP. He spent plenty enough years working alongside Ross winning everything, whats the point in doing it again but with their roles reversed at a different team?

He's had a long successful career and its time to kick back and dine on snails and frogs' legs

People seem to forget Ferrari weren't a joke at all, they won races in 1994 - 1995 and were best behind benetton & williams.

There's no point at all in him going to BGP. He spent plenty enough years working alongside Ross winning everything, whats the point in doing it again but with their roles reversed at a different team?

He's had a long successful career and its time to kick back and dine on snails and frogs' legs

:lol: Agreed!

But most likely Todt will be making a run at Max.

Regarding the scoring issue . Max recently mentioned ''I was led to believe they all agreed''. Could this be a setup to get rid of Max and instal the toad is the head of the FIA? B)

Regarding the scoring issue . Max recently mentioned ''I was led to believe they all agreed''. Could this be a setup to get rid of Max and instal the toad is the head of the FIA? B)

If only it were that innocent <_< The Max and Bernie partnership is alive and kicking - I just don't think they, i.e., Max, expected the backlash to the new medal...err, I mean "point system." As far as being "led to believe they all agreed." Really? Wait...really? :huh:

Regardless, Max has been president of the FIA for 16 years, which is a long a## time - technically speaking. If Max does resign and Todt assumes the presidency, I hypothesize that it will have been negotiated and blessed by Ecclestone. However if I remember correctly, although Max likes Todt as a successor, Ecclestone is in the "not so much" camp. So who knows? The real question is will things actually be different if Max weren't around? Is it the chicken or the egg? Real change (if necessary) will come when both chickens fly the coop.

One of the reasons Brawn did not stay at Ferrari was that he was not able to get team principal role. In light of that I do not see Todt heading to Brawn GP. However, he is great canditate to replace Mosley as he has both F1 and Rally background. Not many other canditates can compete with that.

I can only see Retirement to be honest.

Maybe he'll rescue Toyota from oblivion after they pull out next year.

I cant see him becoming the new Mosley, there'd be uproar amongst non-tifosi, and the accusations of pro-ferrari would be flying all over the place after every FIA decision.