Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

F1 On Pay Tv

I'm more than furious these last few days, since we got the news F1 won't be on a free to air broadcast anymore but on pay tv (in Cyprus).

The news that the tv rights were acquired by Ltv (the pay-tv channel) circulated this last month, but everyone expected F1 to be broadcast free under a separate agreement between a local channel or something.

Since this should not happen by FOM's and the teams wishes/concorde agreement I guess/sponsorship deals etc, I wonder how come we are now forced to pay a good amount each month to watch F1, which was supposed to be free.

Isn' t free for the rest of the world or am I missing something?? :furious:

It's always been free in the UK, and I thought it was supposed to be free in general, yes. At least the basic coverage, anyway: for a time there was a sort of premium coverage on a satellite channel that (I think, can't actually remember - maybe not) you had to pay for.

They are free in Japan but not necessarily live depending on the time the race takes place.

I perfer to find live feeds on the net.

Thanks guys!

That's what I thought as well and I couldn't figure out how come the Tv rights went to a pay channel, so I decided to ask around, just in case FOM changed it's stance, which of course would justify this.

It seems we 've been had by greedy people...

I 'm curious regarding the deal they signed and whether Ltv is applying it honestly.

They are free in Japan but not necessarily live depending on the time the race takes place.

I perfer to find live feeds on the net.

Are there "international" feeds?

Bbc will broadcast it on the internet, but it will be location based and only for the UK.

Yes, but doesn't rojadirecta.com use their feeds? The funny thing is that from there you can watch it anywhere in the world EXCEPT for the UK (I tried once :lol: )

Yes, but doesn't rojadirecta.com use their feeds? The funny thing is that from there you can watch it anywhere in the world EXCEPT for the UK (I tried once :lol: )

Thanks for the link!

I have a few options for online viewing but I'm a bit worried if they 'll do the trick on race day!

It's either that or I have to subscribe.

I already have cable so it should be connected soon enough but of course I would have to pay the subscription :angry:

Are there "international" feeds?

Bbc will broadcast it on the internet, but it will be location based and only for the UK.

Some feeds are blocked to viewers outside of a particular country but this can be bypassed with, for example, TOR.

In any case, I prefer regular feeds. Freaky gave you a good lead. The thing to do is for all of us to come here prior (and during) GPs and share working feeds with the rest. This has worked well in the past and continues to be our best bet.

Some feeds are blocked to viewers outside of a particular country but this can be bypassed with, for example, TOR.

In any case, I prefer regular feeds. Freaky gave you a good lead. The thing to do is for all of us to come here prior (and during) GPs and share working feeds with the rest. This has worked well in the past and continues to be our best bet.

Yes, indeed!

I hope I don't have to leave the house in the morning to watch the race elsewhere though, if things don't work for me!

If all is well, I 'll be here!

I'm more than furious these last few days, since we got the news F1 won't be on a free to air broadcast anymore but on pay tv (in Cyprus).

The news that the tv rights were acquired by Ltv (the pay-tv channel) circulated this last month, but everyone expected F1 to be broadcast free under a separate agreement between a local channel or something.

Since this should not happen by FOM's and the teams wishes/concorde agreement I guess/sponsorship deals etc, I wonder how come we are now forced to pay a good amount each month to watch F1, which was supposed to be free.

Isn' t free for the rest of the world or am I missing something?? :furious:

If I were you, I'd send this information to the following:

FOM [email protected]

FOTA [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Never free in the U.S. as you have to pay for cable or sat. to recieve the SPEED channel. (except the 3-4 races broadcast on Fox network, but that's race only, to get practice and Q. you still need SPEED).

I think the Beeb have now got their hands on Bernievision. Should be good if they can give us a choice of cameras. It gives me a warm glow to think that he tried to sell it for squillions and failed.

Ok, just a short update on the issue, as is my duty!!

The last 2-3 days there was an ad on a local channel that it would broadcast the races recorded.

It seems they 'll show the highlights every afternoon and the full race around 1 o'clock after midnight (gee thanks, it's every other SUNDAY, we have to go to work the next day)!!

To cut a long story I ended up subscribing for their bloody pay tv, because I didn't want to risk losing the races...

The exploitation of fans at its finest.

I guess the free to air broadcast, even a day after it happened, should have them covered.

Thanks a lot F##kers (hey look I said KERS)!!!!

If you really don't want to pay you could still view it online in future. :) Otherwise, pay TV is probably more convenient.