Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elgo

Heidfeld Will Use Kers,kubica Won't

Exclusive Theissen Q&A: Heidfeld will run KERS, Kubica won

Q: BMW Sauber has been criticized over the winter for its determination to run KERS this season. Why have you been so steadfast?

MT: Our position regarding KERS is unchanged. We think basically the approach of the FIA to limit technical development in areas which are not relevant for future road cars, and on the other hand to spend money on true innovations, is the right attitude and approach. We supported that approach from the very first day and KERS is really the first area which really positions Formula One as a technology pioneer. There

Interesting. But I would prefer that all drivers race with the same benefits, I dont like the idea of some having KERS and some not.

I guess as Kubica is expected to be BMW's 'main man', they're using Heidfeld as the guinea pig

1) Bob is heavier than Nick.

2) On a car with no KERS on, Bob is perceived as faster than Nick overall.

3) Bob is Polish.

I can smell a lot of stupid disputes about this in upcoming season - especially any time Kubica will have some sort of bad luck or Heidfeld will get upper hand.

I would prefer they used the same/similar machinery so that a comparison can be made between their performances, of course even when team mates are using the same machinery we still can't make much of a comparison. F1 is confusing, like this post. My eyes hurt.

I guess BMW are hedging their bets.

Apparently BMW will have a sign up in their garage to remind the mechanics which driver is running with KERS and which one isn't. Robert's will read; "Forgoing use of creative kinetic energy recovery system" or "F.U.C.K.E.R.S" for short. Whereas as Nick's sign will read "Second-rate understudy cohersed into using kinetic energy recovery system" or "SUCKERS" for short.

Apparently BMW will have a sign up in their garage to remind the mechanics which driver is running with KERS and which one isn't. Robert's will read; "Forgoing use of creative kinetic energy recovery system" or "F.U.C.K.E.R.S" for short. Whereas as Nick's sign will read "Second-rate understudy cohersed into using kinetic energy recovery system" or "SUCKERS" for short.

:clap3:

Similar to what Pescarolo Sport are doing this year @ Le Mans. 1 of their cars is their own, the other car is Peugeot 908, possibly for experimenting!

I would prefer they used the same/similar machinery so that a comparison can be made between their performances, of course even when team mates are using the same machinery we still can't make much of a comparison. F1 is confusing, like this post. My eyes hurt.

I guess BMW are hedging their bets.

I agree with that. But you cannot blame BMW for the choice they made, given the weight issue.

I support an increase in the minium weight for 2010, the amount / weight of ballast used has slowly increased over the years (with the cars getting lighter) to a point where we have drivers staving themselves in order to have more ballast where they want it placed. Increasing the weight will cure this issue completely.

:lol:

Ah yes, good point Nathan, I missed this earlier.

I would prefer they used the same/similar machinery so that a comparison can be made between their performances, of course even when team mates are using the same machinery we still can't make much of a comparison.

Yes F1 is totally confusing but do you really like it that way? Wouldn't, say, just as an example, off the top of my head, spec cars be much simpler?

Yes F1 is totally confusing but do you really like it that way? Wouldn't, say, just as an example, off the top of my head, spec cars be much simpler?

Maybe just a rule where the team has to run KERS, and therefore cannot run one KERS equipped car, and one non KERS equipped car.

But we don't want simple spec cars. Thats just too simple :lol:

Not like you to miss an opportunity to tout all things spec, but no I don't think it's a good idea at all, but since it was off the top of your head I'll forgive you! :P

:rofl:

:rofl:

It wont be long before someone accuses BMW for favouring Nick over Kubica because of his nationality! ;)

It's clear now that BMW hate Bob, because of the war and his nose. Nick is German and has a cute beard.

I support an increase in the minium weight for 2010, the amount / weight of ballast used has slowly increased over the years (with the cars getting lighter) to a point where we have drivers staving themselves in order to have more ballast where they want it placed. Increasing the weight will cure this issue completely.

Seems Mark agrees with me:

Webber calls for higher weight limit

27 March 2009

Red Bull Racing driver Mark Webber believes the FIA should increase the minimum weight of Formula 1 cars to allow heavier drivers to no longer have a disadvantage.

While in the past the F1 teams could easily stay under the minimum weight with their cars, simply increasing the weight with ballast, the new KERS device has resulted in cars rising above this weight. Mark Webber believes the FIA should consider increasing the current minimum weight; speaking with the official F1 site the Australian said: "It wouldn't be unfair to do that. The smaller drivers don't get a disadvantage but at the moment the bigger guys do, so it would only be fair. And it would save a lot of money, too. At the moment the teams are spending money to make the cars lighter and by increasing the minimum weight to a sensible number, the teams would not have to spend money on saving weight. The weight limit is incredibly aggressive! I am not Pavarotti and still it's not easy.

When asked if Webber is in a disadvantage for the upcoming season he replied: "It makes it harder for teams to make the car work. That is why I said that the weight limit is aggressive. If the weight limit was higher it would make it less challenging, less whatever. I have heard one of the teams say that the taller drivers have a strength advantage. What a lot of rubbish. It's not a strength advantage as all the guys on the grid are strong."

Source: gpupdate.net

1) Bob is heavier than Nick.

2) On a car with no KERS on, Bob is perceived as faster than Nick overall.

3) Bob is Polish.

Bob is well polished? what are you meaning...

Robert's got an advantage over Nick, cause his nose is generating few pounds of extra downforce...

Anyway so far they're both equally struggling and actually I reckon that KERS will turn out to be completely useless.

Robert's got an advantage over Nick, cause his nose is generating few pounds of extra downforce...

Anyway so far they're both equally struggling and actually I reckon that KERS will turn out to be completely useless.

Hmm, but that seems to be causing extra understeer.