Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Melbourne Gp. Practice, Quali

Ferrari, as Andres said are struggling for grip. They seem to have a fundamentally sound car, but as usual for them, it is highly temperature sensitive. When things cooled down, they were no where.

I read that the second session was a little bit hotter, now I know it was only hotter at the beggining but only Raikkonen showed something quite different in the first practice session. Massa was around a second from the top on both sessions.

There are many questions and we might know the correct answers on Saturday. I think we'll probably have to wait for the race result:

Saturday -> Pole: Rosberg

Sunday -> Podium: BGP 1-2 (Barrichello-Button) and Trulli.

PS- exHonda, Toyota, Williams-Toyota... Japanese power?

I read that the second session was a little bit hotter and only Raikkonen showed something quite different in the first practice session. Massa was around a second from the top on both sessions.

There are many questions and we might know the correct answers on Saturday. I think we'll probably have to wait for the race result.

Pole: Rosberg

Podium: BGP 1-2 and Trulli.

PS- exHonda, Toyota, Williams-Toyota... Japanese power?

Japanese Power < Diffuser Power :P

If those were the results after Melbourne, the diffuser protest will just erupt.

The cars look and sound like crap.

>

^ No wonder there a diffuser issue, as the diffuser 3 teams dominated practice and the closest driver from the big 4 teams is on the 10th place.

Times FP2:

01. Rosberg Williams 1:26.053 36 laps

02. Barrichello Brawn 1:26.157 38 laps

03. Trulli Toyota 1:26.350 42 laps

04. Webber Red Bull 1:26.370 30 laps

05. Button Brawn 1:26.374 38 laps

06. Glock Toyota 1:26.443 42 laps

07. Nakajima William 1:26.560 33 laps

08. Vettel Red Bull 1:26.740 19 laps

09. Sutil Force India 1:27.040 29 laps

10. Massa Ferrari 1:27.064 35 laps

11. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:27.204 32 laps

12. Alonso Renault 1:27.232 28 laps

13. Fisichella Force India 1:27.282 32 laps

14. Heidfeld BMW 1:27.317 34 laps

15. Kubica BMW 1:27.398 36 laps

16. Bourdais Toro Rosso 1:27.479 36 laps

17. Kovalainen McLaren 1:27.802 35 laps

18. Hamilton McLaren 1:27.81 31 laps

19. Piquet Renault 1:27.828 35 laps

20. Buemi Toro Rosso 1:28.076 33 laps

Jesus, what a mix up, all the big 4 are in the second half of the grid.

The cars look and sound like crap.

>

^ No wonder there a diffuser issue, as the diffuser 3 teams dominated practice and the closest driver from the big 4 teams is on the 10th place.

Times FP2:

01. Rosberg Williams 1:26.053 36 laps

02. Barrichello Brawn 1:26.157 38 laps

03. Trulli Toyota 1:26.350 42 laps

04. Webber Red Bull 1:26.370 30 laps

05. Button Brawn 1:26.374 38 laps

06. Glock Toyota 1:26.443 42 laps

07. Nakajima William 1:26.560 33 laps

08. Vettel Red Bull 1:26.740 19 laps

09. Sutil Force India 1:27.040 29 laps

10. Massa Ferrari 1:27.064 35 laps

11. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:27.204 32 laps

12. Alonso Renault 1:27.232 28 laps

13. Fisichella Force India 1:27.282 32 laps

14. Heidfeld BMW 1:27.317 34 laps

15. Kubica BMW 1:27.398 36 laps

16. Bourdais Toro Rosso 1:27.479 36 laps

17. Kovalainen McLaren 1:27.802 35 laps

18. Hamilton McLaren 1:27.81 31 laps

19. Piquet Renault 1:27.828 35 laps

20. Buemi Toro Rosso 1:28.076 33 laps

Jesus, what a mix up, all the big 4 are in the second half of the grid.

RBR are 4th and 8th. They're not running a modified diffuser - but they are whining a lot.

What's the LG in the live timing?

LG are now the official time keepers. Deal was done in December sometime I think.

Massa is sporting a pathetic excuse of a goatee. I guess Ferrari is really behind in the facial hair development department. Obviously that goatee wasn't even tested before Melbourne.

I've got some good pictures of the drivers on Thursday night. Including Felipe's shocking attempt at a goatee. And Kimi's rap star look having his hat brim straight and slightly to one side at times. Will post them next week.

Ahh Piquet, you didnt let us down!

Spun right in front of me, I laughed, oh I laughed.

Go Williams! Nice job for P1. I'm happy for Frank, even if Friday times are meaningless.

The Williams cars look glued to the track expect them to be in the hunt for a win on Sunday.

yoga_classes_in_mexico_upside_down.jpg

That looks like Mark ?????????????????

RBR are 4th and 8th. They're not running a modified diffuser - but they are whining a lot.

Probably stems from being given the bum steer from the FIA on the diffuser that they presented.

Okay here are my thoughts as i'm back in my hotel room knackered after the day at the track.

The Weather: The sun is quite warm but the strong winds really are cooling. The track temp struggled to get above the early thirties. The temp really dropped quite quickly half way though the the second practice session so about 5.15pm. I expect the same sort of weather conditions for the remainder of the weekend.

The and Drivers:Cars

McLaren: Heikki looks to have some sort of handle on the situation whilst Lewis looks to be at sea. The amount of corrections and locked right hand fronts going into turn one from Lewis was excessive. Heikki was as smooth as the car would let him, but in much better shape than Lewis.

Ferrari: Kimi slapped on the soft tyres late in the first practice session put in that quick time but the tyres seemed to go away from him very quickly. Expect a very short stint with the softs on Sunday. Felipe looked very raggered like his early days really plenty of half moments in turn one and two and of course that big moment in turn 14 I think. They have some work to do but maybe able to salvage something from the weekend.

BMW Sauber: Really funny and tough to get a read on BMW the cars looked to be somewhere between okay and loose but not one and not the other. Not slow but not quick. Yeah I find myself scratching my head, I expected more. The boys from Hindwil I worry may have stumbled at the final hurdle with this car. Early days yet. I remember last year I had the same thoughts and the F1.08 turned out to be quite a car.

Williams: Well I thought that they would be up there given the advantages that have been spoken about with the rear diffuser they are running, but what a great surprise. The car looks great it really does, not one error from either Nico or Naky in turns one and two in both sessions. Fingers crossed for a great result come Sunday afternoon.

Red Bull: They certainly didn't look as quick as they turned out to be, which is a good sign I guess. Seb was caught out with the reliable Red Bull unreliablability, and stuck two wheels on the gras in braking area for turn three in the shadows. I expect turn three to maybe claim more victims as the shadows form and the track juts back out in that braking area. Mark looked solid not tidy but not untidy. I really hope Marks pace can continue throughout the weekend, Given that he is the fastest of whats been touted the non diffuser cars!!!

Renault: Well just look to Nelsinho at how much the car is playing up. Fernando showing us his awesome car control to strangle the thing to somewhat half respectable 1.27.2. Nelsinho has no idea at the moment the car is too hard for him to wrangle any sort of speed out of. Fernando is just amazing really to watch him is a real treat.

Toyota: Very much like Williams the car was meant to be quick but this quick?? Being apart of the diffuser clan and all, expectations are high given what the other teams in the clan have done. And they delivered. The car looks extrmely settled and easy to drive. Once again like Williams they will be in the hunt for a win come Sunday afternoon.

Toro Rosso: I expect are just suffering from having very little time with the car. They are just unsure of what works and what dosen't to be fair. Give them some more time to learn what works on the RB5 ............. Oh sorry STR04 and they will be fine.

Force India: Well here is a team that no one would be expecting to be where they are at the moment, the car looks best in the hands of Adrian. Fisi still looks a little unsettled. Could well be in to score some points if any scraps are left around on Sunday. The order of the day will be to keep out of trouble really.

BrawnGP: Truely great effort to get here and to be straight away at the pointy end. Ross is the modern day Chapman he really is. The cars look good but maybe not quite as good as the Williams and the Toyota but that is splitting hair and just my thought from where I sit over looking turns one and two. Fingers crossed the dream run can continue and I would be happy to wager that it will without doubt.

Well thats my take from trackside on all the Friday action at the Australian Grand Prix. Hope you enjoyed it and its wasn't too drawn out.

Can't wait to get back out to the track tomorrow.

Nathan

Okay here are my thoughts as i'm back in my hotel room knackered after the day at the track.

Nathan

:clap3:

Thank you very much,Nathan!

Well this does look more interesting than ever...Can't wait to see how things are on P3 and especially quali!

:clap3:

Thank you very much,Nathan!

Well this does look more interesting than ever...Can't wait to see how things are on P3 and especially quali!

Pleasure :D

LG are now the official time keepers. Deal was done in December sometime I think.

Pity they didn't take on redisigning the live timing too... what a freaking dog.

Nice read, thanks. Our official TF1 war correspondent on the field...

Aren't you too fast in predicting that? XD

:D Yes, I am just trying to take away the prophecy from Steve.

Nathan

Fantastic report Nathan.

Congratulations and thank you.

Toyota haivng a good weekend, Rosberg & Trulli doing great laps aswell as Rubens & Button for BGP, McLaren, BMW Sauber & Renault are struggling which is weird as Renault have done well in pre-season testing. Ferrari are doing OK but not brilliant!

Well thats my take from trackside on all the Friday action at the Australian Grand Prix. Hope you enjoyed it and its wasn't too drawn out.

Can't wait to get back out to the track tomorrow.

Nathan

Are we to expect your annual photo display? Have very much enjoyed them over the years.

Are we to expect your annual photo display? Have very much enjoyed them over the years.

I am in no hurry to watch Nathan's anal photo display!

Oh, sorry...

:lol:

Just some random info...

Alonso was asked today:

What's true and what's false?Which of these things do you believe?

-Rosberg 1st?

-No

-Barrichello 2nd?

-Yes

-Trulli 3rd?

-Yes

-Webber 4th?

-No

-Force India there?

-No

Alonso was asked today:

What's true and what's false?Which of these things do you believe?

-Rosberg 1st?

-No

-Barrichello 2nd?

-Yes

-Trulli 3rd?

-Yes

-Webber 4th?

-No

-Force India there?

-No

I'm afraid that was no more than a hope. They're all puzzled about it.

Interesting. That's one good thing about La Sexta, you get extra info on Alonso. Here I'll probably just get extra info that I don't want on Hamilton... XD