Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Melbourne Gp. Practice, Quali

By the way, DC said we'll know the fuel loads in a couple of hours, but what happens if you don't want to know them? I really don't wanna... XD

Fuel loads will be revealed by FIA. Anybody know when?

btw. that was one of the best quali I've ever seen.

Alonso should dump KERS. EVerybody should dump KERS.

KERS is the opiate of the masses

What makes it funnier (for me) is that when I hear KERS, I hear it in a pirate's voice... KERRRRRRS!

I hope they will jump at each other's throat. They are all hungry for a win...and while they're busy with their battle Alonso will quietly creep up the field...

Remember last year. Something like 8 crashes and 7 retirements. For a moment it felt like only the pitbabes were gonna finish the race...

We should see some action. We've got, deep in the pack, drivers that everyone expects a lot from. If, for example, Hamilton doesn't make up a few places, it will only be because he run into, over, and through someone...

KERRRRRRS!

By RB, I meant Red Bull.

Not Richard Branson? Or Ross's balls?

Sooooo pleased for Brawn, just brilliant. Plus, the BBC coverage was a joy. The dynamic between Humphrey, DC and Jordan was a hit. Especially as the latter are forthright and happy to slog out their opinions. The jury is out on Leggard; I like his enthusiasm but he suffers from that glaring omission of first hand experience when listened to against Brundle, who was once again, magnificent.

And call me a big Jessie, but when Jake Humphrey introduced the show and that music came on, a chill ran down my spine and my eyes welled up. Electric.

It's so changeable, so exciting. I just want to go to bed now, wake up and let it be sunday.

What makes it funnier (for me) is that when I hear KERS, I hear it in a pirate's voice... KERRRRRRS!

:lol: If Piquet crashes his car into bits, we'll surely have pieces of eight?

I hate Toyota!

That's a very random and unqualified outburst of facetiousness.

Hats off to ITV, their stupidity know no bounds. Clearly bored at not being able to parade their bafoons on screen, they are using them to right the headlines on their website;

"Button amazed by Brawn's pole" :lol::lol::lol:

When are they going to get rid of those ridiculous and useless T.V. graphics? I thought with the new broadcaster they might have something a little more updated.

Well, Jens pulled one out there, for sure - 3 tenths - good enough. He showed some grit with that time. However, Rubes may be a bit heavier on fuel, a extra lap or two but he was pulling more adrenalin than JB in Q1 and Q2 and he may have burned out a bit in Q3. I say that because it could be that Jens is the light one. RB was reporting oversteer on a heavier fuel load, whilst Button's car improved as more fuel was added. We'll see tomorrow. Vettel was half a second off JB but only two tenths behind Rubens. RBR surprised the hell out me. You can see why they are whining about Brawn's diffuser design - they don't have it, for one! If they'd spent less time moaning and improving their own, they might be where Brawn are. Webber's lowly placing will certainly be due to a very heavy car. It's a bit silly to have both cars going for pole when you're 5/10ths off the pace. Kubica did well to muscle into 4th and it appears the Williams and Toyotas are running split strategies too. Alonso went ploughing at 15 in Q2 and blew the shoot-out. McBenz are where they expected to be. Kovi put in a good effort, I thought for his lowly position and just a little further ahead, the Ferraris looked sluggish but they ran a lot of harder compound. The Brawn fairy tale continues - let's hope it has a happy ending.

Hats off to ITV, their stupidity know no bounds. Clearly bored at not being able to parade their bafoons on screen, they are using them to right the headlines on their website;

"Button amazed by Brawn's pole" :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Toyotas excluded from qualifying

Glock and team-mate Trulli will start from the back following their exclusion

Both Toyota cars have been excluded from the qualifying results at the Australian Grand Prix after their cars were found to break technical rules.

Toyota's Timo Glock of Germany and Italian Jarno Trulli qualified sixth and eighth but will start Sunday's race from the back of the grid.

Officials said the cars had rear wings that were too flexible.

Williams are also launching a protest against the rear wings on the Red Bull and Ferrari cars.

More to follow.

Here we go again folks.

And...not that it makes a huge difference but..

Hamilton to start 20th after gearbox penalty

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton will start his first Grand Prix as reigning world champion from the back of the grid following a gearbox change in Melbourne. Hamilton, who had qualified in 15th, will now start Sunday’s Australian race from 20th following the resulting five-place grid penalty.

The British driver was unable to cover a single lap in Q2 after fourth gear on his MP4-24 broke during the opening stage of qualifying. And following the session's conclusion his engineers decided to replace the entire gearbox as a precautionary measure.

So with Hamilton 20th on the grid and his team mate Heikki Kovalainen starting from 14th, McLaren will have their work cut out if they are to repeat their ’08 Melbourne victory this weekend.

edit: sorry,source f1.com

Weights of the cars....

1. Jenson Button 664.5kg

2. Rubens Barrichello 666.5kg

3. Sebastien Vettel 657kg

4. Robert Kubica 650kg

5. Nico Rosberg 657kg

6. Felipe Massa 654kg

7. Kimi Raikkonen 655.5kg

8. Mark Webber 662kg

9. Nick Heidfeld 691.5kg

10. Fernando Alonso 680.7kg

11. Kazuki Nakajima 680.5kg

12. Heikki Kovalainen 690.6kg

13. Sebastien Buemi 675.5kg

14. Nelson Piquet 694.1kg

15. Giancarlo Fisichella 689kg

16. Adrian Sutil 684.5kg

17. Sebastien Bourdais 662.5kg

18. Lewis Hamilton 655kg

19. Jarno Trulli 660kg

20. Timo Glock 670kg

Weights of the cars....

1. Jenson Button 664.5kg

2. Rubens Barrichello 666.5kg

3. Sebastien Vettel 657kg

4. Robert Kubica 650kg

5. Nico Rosberg 657kg

6. Felipe Massa 654kg

7. Kimi Raikkonen 655.5kg

8. Mark Webber 662kg

9. Nick Heidfeld 691.5kg

10. Fernando Alonso 680.7kg

11. Kazuki Nakajima 680.5kg

12. Heikki Kovalainen 690.6kg

13. Sebastien Buemi 675.5kg

14. Nelson Piquet 694.1kg

15. Giancarlo Fisichella 689kg

16. Adrian Sutil 684.5kg

17. Sebastien Bourdais 662.5kg

18. Lewis Hamilton 655kg

19. Jarno Trulli 660kg

20. Timo Glock 670kg

It seems like BGP will dominate the race. The Ferrari's are the lightest (along with Kubi) of the top 10, and yet they struggle, interesting.

It seems like BGP will dominate the race. The Ferrari's are the lightest (along with Kubi) of the top 10, and yet they struggle, interesting.

>

^ My thoughts exactly.

Has anybody got any news about Williams protesting against Ferrari and Red Bull's rear wings.

F1 is getting to political!

why the f*** wasnt this spotted in scrutineering on Thursday!

race is over for us :angry:

jeeez and we were a fair bit heavier than most of the top 10 too