Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jez

Melbourne Gp. Practice, Quali

I wouldn't believe Briatore if he said water was wet.

BTW, nice to be back. Let the amusement commence.

Sorry I'm late, had to wash my hair straight after the race and it's only just dried. I refuse to use a towel or a hairdryer. Andres can only dream of such a problem. So, my thoughts, if you care;

Good race. Straight forward job by Jenson, even though he was at pains to stress that it wasn't easy (well, after lucking Hungary '06 you would shout from the rooftops that this was a win on merit too). Makes me smile when they make it look easy, makes it seem like it was. Barrichello was great, even though he was seemingly intent on playing dodgems. Lewis proved that talent and patience will often rule the day.

I don't think Vettel was to blame. He braked early, yes, but if Bob was going to put himself on the outside he should have gone around him on the outside and given him room. It's not like he would have been shocked to see Sebastien there, he knew he was there. Look at the onboards, Seb' had nowhere to go whereas Bob had plenty of places to go. He put blind faith in a risky move. He could have taken him on the next corner too, he would have had the inside. Still, I'm not complaining; we want them pushing to the end, not cruise and collecting. Nico was great, I hope he can feature more. Glock was impressive too, putting manners on Fernando.

The rest were a little forgetable.

I wouldn't believe Briatore if he said water was wet.

BTW, nice to be back. Let the amusement commence.

Peachy that you think belief has to do with anything. We couldn't get to a better start. Do tell us who you believe.

I'm game whether you choose to stay on topic or you prefer to stampede away to check if water is, after all, wet.

Sorry I'm late, had to wash my hair straight after the race and it's only just dried. I refuse to use a towel or a hairdryer. Andres can only dream of such a problem. So, my thoughts, if you care;

Good race. Straight forward job by Jenson, even though he was at pains to stress that it wasn't easy (well, after lucking Hungary '06 you would shout from the rooftops that this was a win on merit too). Makes me smile when they make it look easy, makes it seem like it was. Barrichello was great, even though he was seemingly intent on playing dodgems. Lewis proved that talent and patience will often rule the day.

I don't think Vettel was to blame. He braked early, yes, but if Bob was going to put himself on the outside he should have gone around him on the outside and given him room. It's not like he would have been shocked to see Sebastien there, he knew he was there. Look at the onboards, Seb' had nowhere to go whereas Bob had plenty of places to go. He put blind faith in a risky move. He could have taken him on the next corner too, he would have had the inside. Still, I'm not complaining; we want them pushing to the end, not cruise and collecting. Nico was great, I hope he can feature more. Glock was impressive too, putting manners on Fernando.

The rest were a little forgetable.

Trulli started the race from the pits and finished third. Not forgettable, I'm afraid. "Someone" did take notice and, well, we all know the outcome of that one.

Trulli started the race from the pits and finished third. Not forgettable, I'm afraid.

Then he f*cked himself royally by forgetting the rules. I tipped him for the win after qualifying and it seems that they have pace. He just needs to engage brain.

Then he f*cked himself royally by forgetting the rules. I tipped him for the win after qualifying and it seems that they have pace. He just needs to engage brain.

The team told Hamilton to give way. I think Toyota's complaint might give Trulli his third place back. And rightly so.

Peachy that you think belief has to do with anything. We couldn't get to a better start. Do tell us who you believe.

I'm game whether you choose to stay on topic or you prefer to stampede away to check if water is, after all, wet.

Incidentally, who says the idea was _exactly_ the same? Flabbio? Or you? I give little credence to either. If, say, Pat Symonds or Adrian Newey had said such a thing then I'd be more inclined to believe it simply because they know what they're talking about. It is their field of expertise.

Are we having fun yet? BTW, I've checked out the water. It's slightly sparkling.

The team told Hamilton to give way. I think Toyota's complaint might give Trulli his third place back. And rightly so.

I don't think they will. Even though I think they should. Whitmarsh has shown himself to be a rather odious character here. Quote: "Trulli fell off the track and went on the grass. Lewis had no option but to carry on and take the position. Trulli then came back on and re-took the position. The FIA is looking at it". And yet it was McLaren who told Hamster to cede position? Sounds like an easy way to nobble a rival.

I don't think they will. Even though I think they should. Whitmarsh has shown himself to be a rather odious character here.

Hamilton said that the team told him to give way before the FIA stewards. I don't think they did it on purpose. Whitmarsh probably didn't know the SC rules properly so he opted for that but he should have never gone to the stewards after the race with that.