Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Oz Gp Race Thread.

When Kimi Raikkonen unofficially retired from Formula One ^_^

When did I miss these two posts of yours? I agree more than ever!!! XD

Brawn certainly are lucky to have that Mercedes lump, and for Ross to know NOT to take the Ferrari engine...I think had they still had the Honda's they would have been midpack at best...Rubes was reported as saying the Honda's were 45Hp down on everyone. So a good chassis, and a really good engine has paid dividends.

Good to see alot of the cars up each others gearboxes...on a "race" track I think we may see some definate passing going on up and down the grid, especially seeing how close the cars are up and down the pitlane.

I feel sorry for Rosberg - fast all weekend, and through the race, only to have his tyres crap out on him. But I guess it is the same for all, so Team Willy needs to pull finger on the aero dept to make those SUV tyres work.

Excellent race....lots of action....good to see a mix up in the pecking order...and one feels that Webber is going to be spanked by Vettel this season. It might be his legs, but RBR is his team, and technically Vettel is the new guy. Should be good to see that team battle unfold.

Perhaps McLaren will be the first to fit a Brawn diffuser of the remaining 7....they have already changed the shape to one very similar, except the middle section is not yet cut away.

And who thinks it was Heidfield that caused that first corner incident? He squeezed Webber and Rubens.....

Bring on Malaysia! I actually cried when he won! Gosh that was worth it!!

...oh, brother........ :huh:

Well done Kubica&Vettel - now we have a proof that Ecclestone's medal system is full of sh**

haha - indeed

He should be fired too, for the f-up at the end of the race with the drivers interviews....that was the worst 10-mins ever in the history of post race interviews...especially loved the black screen for the 30-secs or so....as head of the firm that owns the rights to the broadcast, he should be given his marching orders for such a shambles.

Oh.....and he's an old and senile git too. But we can't fire him for being old in this PC world...

When did I miss these two posts of yours? I agree more than ever!!! XD

Ah it's good to know you've got my back on this one :P

I seriously hope Kimi sorts himself out though, I really want to support him but he just threw away a third place. I suppose Vettel threw away a second, but I forgive the guy because he rarely makes any mistakes, can't say the same for KR of course.

Well done Kubica&Vettel - now we have a proof that Ecclestone's medal system is full of sh**

Indeed :lol:

...oh, brother........ :huh:

You better get used to it, I'm sure Ben will have the tissues out every time Button wins.

The reason why SC are a problem is because they mess with the racing order and produce random results. Cannot be any other way because they are deployed when there is danger on the track.

This race, the SC was bent on keeping the racing order despite carnage on the track. The first time is was delayed beyond reason while the second time it was deployed at the speed of light.

You explain it.

Yep I agree

Ah it's good to know you've got my back on this one :P

I seriously hope Kimi sorts himself out though, I really want to support him but he just threw away a third place. I suppose Vettel threw away a second, but I forgive the guy because he rarely makes any mistakes, can't say the same for KR of course.

I think our take on this situation will always be the same, I just didn't get to write it first :lol:

You better get used to it, I'm sure Ben will have the tissues out every time Button wins.

What he's gonna do with them, that's the question...

hahahahaha :lol:

oh wait.

please explain :huh:

I think our take on this situation will always be the same, I just didn't get to write it first :lol:

You gotta be quicker Tanita, you snooze you lose :P

As for the tissues, I don't wanna go there. Ever.

oh wait.

Today was special because of all the s##t that he's been through not just the last 6 months, but also driving such a god damn awful car the last two seasons! I only cried because I am genuinely so happy for the guy that finally, everything is beginning to go right!

If he wins Malaysia then I wont cry, just today was special thats all!

oh wait.

Exactly what you're thinking.

You gotta be quicker Tanita, you snooze you lose :P

As for the tissues, I don't wanna go there. Ever.

Yeah, I know :lol:

And yeah, me neither, but I had to say it XD

Kimi, stay awake man...you can win this WDC this year.

Not sure what happened to Kimi during the race as SpeedTV didn't go into much detail about that, but by the looks of it, it wasn't Kimi's best race - again. I've jotted off a letter to Kimi, which I'm sure will provide him with much inspiration:

Dear Kimi,

Drive better.

Love, McGrubbin

Anyway, great race for Button, Rubens and especially for Trulli who started from pit row. Vettel and Kubica get the "WTF" award. Wow. Both with large "attachments," as Mr. Hobbs likes to say, but that didn't help them much in that situation. Vettel, Vettel, Vettel. Next time.

And at least Alonso got some points. Did make me laugh during a pre-race segment when he said, "...the cars are ugly..." No Alonso, just the Renaults are ugly. However, I could get past that if they'd win some races soon. <_<

I'm angry:

-I don't want to know the fuel loads before the race,and I don't want the drivers to know it either.This prevents them from fighting in some situations,and it's extremely tiring to be reminded every 5 mins about when each one is going to pit.

-I don't want an insulting domination from BGP.

-Vettel ****ed up his race and Kubica's and gifted Barrichello a very undeserved podium.

-Alonso,unspectacular.At least he managed to grab a few points..

-Raikkonen :rolleyes:

-Piquet,prize for regularity.

-Kers doesn't make much of a difference.According to Alonso,it doesn't work as well as expected,it's not much of a difference.

Summing up: the only thing that was worth watching was Hamilton overtaking.Oh and congrats to Buemi for a good start of his career,a shame that he couldn't manage to conserve super-soft tyres,but that's something more experienced drivers couldn't do either so well done.And well done to Trulli too,from the pit lane to the podium.

:lol:

Not sure what happened to Kimi during the race as SpeedTV didn't go into much detail about that, but by the looks of it, it wasn't Kimi's best race - again. I've jotted off a letter to Kimi, which I'm sure will provide him with much inspiration:

Dear Kimi,

Drive better.

Love, McGrubbin

Anyway, great race for Button, Rubens and especially for Trulli who started from pit row. Vettel and Kubica get the "WTF" award. Wow. Both with large "attachments," as Mr. Hobbs likes to say, but that didn't help them much in that situation. Vettel, Vettel, Vettel. Next time.

And at least Alonso got some points. Did make me laugh during a pre-race segment when he said, "...the cars are ugly..." No Alonso, just the Renaults are ugly. However, I could get past that if they'd win some races soon. <_<

I actually thought that they looked quite nice out on the track (except the Reno's, of course)....

I'm angry:

-I don't want to know the fuel loads before the race,and I don't want the drivers to know it either.This prevents them from fighting in some situations,and it's extremely tiring to be reminded every 5 mins about when each one is going to pit.

The drivers already knew that last year, you can judge it by the team radios, so I'm more angry that they think I need to know the fuel loads.

-I don't want an insulting domination from BGP.

Same here, let's hope the others can copy them fast enough. After all it sounds the same way that we talk about the Ferrari in the Schumi era. If you take a look there are already conspiracy theories of favouritism (ejem, Maure, ejem). (No need to tell you that I refuse to believe them for now xD)

-Vettel ****ed up his race and Kubica's and gifted Barrichello a very undeserved podium.

Yeah, they'll do better next time. Drown your sorrows :lol:

-Alonso,unspectacular.At least he managed to grab a few points..

-Raikkonen :rolleyes:

-Piquet,prize for regularity.

-Kers doesn't make much of a difference.According to Alonso,it doesn't work as well as expected,it's not much of a difference.

I agree.

Summing up: the only thing that was worth watching was Hamilton overtaking.Oh and congrats to Buemi for a good start of his career,a shame that he couldn't manage to conserve super-soft tyres,but that's something more experienced drivers couldn't do either so well done.And well done to Trulli too,from the pit lane to the podium.

Yep, true.

Jenson was the star but sterling drives from Vettel, Kubica and Hamilton. The SV/RK clash was amateurish and they paid the price. JB didn't get into his box in 1st on the last pit and couldn't select neutral plus the crew buggered the re-fuel. Understandable - they've been running at the back for two years and there was bound to be some kind of glitch. 4/5 secs gone but Jens smoothed it on the supersofts and maintained a second and a half gap. Could Kubica have caught him in three laps? Probably. Would he have got past JB in the last few corners? I doubt it. JB's drive is all the more astonishing when you take the track temps and ambient light into account. He couldn't get heat into his tyres in the middle stint where SV pegged him to 5 secs and under the SC the car was bottoming out. This race is run far too late, in my book - safety should be the paramount concern of FOM. However, a stellar day for Brawn GP and something of a revival for McBenz. Ferrari are a disaster and Renault are way behind their No.1 customer, RBR. It is the latter and BMW who I see as the most serious threat to Brawn dominance in the next three races. It's clear to me that when the car is near-perfect, JB looks as smooth as butter at the wheel - in a class of his own. Let's hope he goes from strength to strength - to my mind, no one deserves it more.

Wow! What a great result for formula 1..................................

Anyway.........I have a feeling FOTA is about to disintegrate.........see http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74034

Also........

World champion Lewis Hamilton could yet be elevated to third position in the Australian Grand Prix result, after both he and Jarno Trulli were summoned to see the race stewards following an incident in the final safety car period.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh confirmed that the FIA was investigating Trulli after the Toyota driver re-passed Hamilton under safety car conditions, having lost control and run off the circuit.

"There is some debate over whether it is a third place or not at the moment, given that Trulli fell off and re-passed under the safety car," Whitmarsh told the BBC. "But whatever it was a solid result.

"Obviously it relied on a bit of attrition, we know the car is not quick enough yet and we have got to do a lot more work, and we'll be doing that in the coming races."

Whitmarsh added that Hamilton had grounds to believe he could be promoted to a podium position after a strong drive that had seen the world champion fight up from the back of the grid.

"At the end, under the safety car, Trulli fell off onto the grass and Lewis had no choice but to go past him, he was not on the racing circuit," said Whitmarsh.

"Trulli then re-took the place under the safety car, which ordinarily you wouldn't do so I know that the FIA are looking at it at the moment and doubtless we'll have a ruling in due course.

"That's our position at the moment and we will see what happens in the coming hours."

Hamilton admitted to the BBC that he was "very proud" of the team, which has already admitted that the MP4-24 is not fast enough to win races and hadn't expected to finish as high as he did in Melbourne.

"We did the best job we could," he said. It was an incredible job done by the team all weekend. They've all kept their spirits up even though they are off the pace. We stick together, we keep our heads up and we keep going. That result just shows the true spirit of the team, so I am very, very proud. I am very happy with those points."...........

I'm in Oz and on channel 10 i couldn't get this incident...............did any one else get to see this incident live during the race and also did anyone get to see kimi's crash........?

Dear Kimi,
Drive better.
Love, McGrubbin

He was probably p**sed! :lol:

Also........Ham and Fernando are my DODs.............those two are head and shoulders above the rest with incompetent cars............if anyone thinks they're lucky it's because fortune favours the brave.

Vettel...........young,brave and immature

Kubica..........the next Great one........

Ferrari..........WTF?

More luck than brains award goes to Rubens today - he managed to take out at least 5 cars out of the race and still finish second due to somebody else's bad luck :)

btw. Raikkonen must have got some really serious problems with his car as he span off actually on a weird spot, maybe kers delivered it's million horsepower too rapidly.

edit : after checking out this footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iu_Ludr8m4...player_embedded

I must say that Vettel should be given "optimist of the day" award as he actually accelerated between braking and entry of the corner - that is clearly very Schumacherish :D

YYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, finally Jenson has a car to show his real talent. I always said over the years that JB can get the job done and win races just as well as anyone, so many people always tell me I'm wrong, and I'm sure he'll continue to prove me right this season.

For the first time, I can think: Button leads the championship battle, and Button has won a race from pole.

I was convinced his huge potential had been wasted and that the world would never see what I've always seen, but thats all been turned around. The press will be full of Button (they'll quickly forget Lewis) and I will be smiling the whole time.

F1 has never seen a story like this (the whole Brawn thing going from nothing to race winners), and I'm also hopeful that this season will prove to Bernie that his stupid medals system is not required at all.

Jenson v Kubica for the 2009 title? I cant believe I can actually write that and being serious about it!

I know its early days but all the signs are Jenson (& Rubens of course) will be a major player all year