Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Hamilton/trulli Controversy Re-opened?

Hmmm. What I've noticed is that quite a few TF1 members appear not to be able to read. Or, if they can, then fail completely to understand what it is they have read.

I'm with Steve on this one.

Hmmm. What I've noticed is that quite a few TF1 members appear not to be able to read. Or, if they can, then fail completely to understand what it is they have read.

I'm with Steve on this one.

huh? :eusa_think:

Ok. For starters, Toyota dropping their appeal. They dropped it because it is inadmissible to appeal a retrospective time penalty, not because they didn't think they'd win or because they didn't trust the stewards. Nothing too complicated there. Unless you read some of the preceding posts, of course.

Hence my weary comment.

McLaren definately lied - their lack of complaint when handed the penalty shows us that.

The fact that they thought they could and indeed should lie about the incident indicates how much of a joke the stewards in F1 have become.

The fact that the stewards docked Trulli 25 seconds seemingly soley on the basis of what Hamilton told them (did they have any other evidence that Trulli had done wrong?), shows them up as ignorant fools (no wonder then that teams feel they can take the p**s).

The fact that Toyota then dropped their appeal against that original decision demonstrates the sheer lack of confidence all teams have in the stewards.

The time it took for the obvious questions to be asked and the transcripts to come to light is absurd.

What do we get out of this?

i) Stewards are f***tards.

ii) McLaren will manipulate the system any way they can - even if that means cheating other teams out of hard earned points.

iii) Quite a few other teams on the grid would lie too (and have in the past).

F1 has become the home of crooks and fools.

With competent, consistent stewards, McLaren wouldn't have considered being dishonest (okay maybe they would :P ) and the results would never have been changed at all.

Finally...

I dispise the whole "at least the stewards got it right in the end" argument.

Bollocks!

The stewards should ****ing get it right - that's their bloody job. They shouldn't have to get everything wrong first time round, then change their minds later. We shouldn't be congratulating them for finally coming to an obvious conclusion that a ****ing child could work out. They still haven't withdrawn Vettel's penalty. They have proved time and time again to be fools not fit to tie their own shoe laces.

Well done the stewards - this time you've been very slightly less twat-like than usual.

you've really been quite angry lately :P

maybe he was told to lie by some nincompoop in head management who had no clue, thats the logical conclusion

yes folks, it seems I was right!

McLaren Suspend Their Sporting Director

The controversy following the first race of the Formula One 2009 season has claimed it

a lovely read...

Hamilton the scapegoat in a sorry tale

By Hugh Podmore on Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lewis Hamilton has been stripped of his third place in Sunday

Ok. For starters, Toyota dropping their appeal. They dropped it because it is inadmissible to appeal a retrospective time penalty, not because they didn't think they'd win or because they didn't trust the stewards. Nothing too complicated there. Unless you read some of the preceding posts, of course.

Hence my weary comment.

Comon Monza - you're brighter than that.

They dropped the appeal because the whole point of it wasn't to get Trulli reinstated (directly), but to get McLaren found out as crooks. The by product of getting McLaren busted would inevitably be to get Trulli reinstated. (You get the circular logic?)

Equally once the appeal had been lodged it had done what they needed it to do. Open the can of worms that would lead to McLaren's guilt.

The fact that Trulli was reinstated bears this out. Had they not appealled in the first place Hamilton would have remained in 3rd and Trulli's 25 second penalty would have stood.

If they dropped the appeal because it was inadmissible, then why did they lodge it in the first place? Think about it.

You see - the admissibilty of the appeal is irrelevant. It always was.

There's the written law and then there's reality.

Let's not forget how underhanded F1 is.

you've really been quite angry lately :P

grrrr :P

(I have a whole off season of tranquility to make up for)

(quote from an article):

"So why, in the name of the gods of racing, has the poor driver been punished?"

Simply because Lewis knew very well that he was given instructions to let Trulli pass, and he did so, and yet failed to mention this to the stewards. He chose not to let the stewards know the truth, and for that he is punished, deservedly. If the situation had been such that the stewards never interviewed Lewis after the race, and it had been just McLaren lieing to the stewards, then a penalty for Lewis would be wrong (imo)

However, I got to say that Lewis seems to be a bit of a victim here too, it was the incompetence and stupidity of the team that put him to that situation. He drove a very good race and thanks to his team, it amounts to nothing. Perhaps next time he thinks twice before following his teams orders to lie to the stewards (which, I believe, is what happened). Deserved penalty nevertheless.

Hence my weary comment.

I only posted that as a joke, MG, I thought that was obvious :lol:

a lovely read...

Hamilton the scapegoat in a sorry tale

By Hugh Podmore on Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lewis Hamilton has been stripped of his third place in Sunday

As for the "poor innocent Hamilton" argument...

"During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake. Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given. The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so. "

from wapi's little linky.

The sad thing is no matter who is actually at fault for this, all the tabloids have huge pictures of Hamilton looking upset and saying he's been DQ's for misleading stewards, so the general public are all going to think he's a naughty boy when in reality he may not have done anything wrong himself at all.

Ah well this is F1 and its never without controversy.

The sad thing is no matter who is actually at fault for this, all the tabloids have huge pictures of Hamilton looking upset and saying he's been DQ's for misleading stewards, so the general public are all going to think he's a naughty boy when in reality he may not have done anything wrong himself at all.

exactly, I feel sorry for the guy, and he really drove such a great race...

Comon Monza - you're brighter than that.

I'm just being cranky for the sake of it. :P There's far too much agreement going on around here. It's not healthy.

exactly, I feel sorry for the guy, and he really drove such a great race...

Yes, not only does he have this embarrassment but he's also unlikely to score 6 points in a race for a while.

What do you mean "he may not have done anything wrong at all"? He lied to the stewards purposedly!

The FIA told so (yeah, ok, nobody believes the FIA). They admited it ("Lewis was not entirely truthful" was Whitmarsh's attempt at being subtle), the proofs are against him...

Oh, no...we all know who is at fault here :P

Oh by the way, off topic but just to boast - I'm going to the British GP this year! Pit straight grandstand all weekend, thankyou very much

I am starting to miss Schumi. He was funnier when he cheated.

Yes, and cleverer. Still, he probably had less incompetent lawyers too.

What do you mean "he may not have done anything wrong at all"? He lied to the stewards purposedly!

The FIA told so (yeah, ok, nobody believes the FIA). They admited it ("Lewis was not entirely truthful" was Whitmarsh's attempt at being subtle), the proofs are against him...

I thought he was told to say what he did by his team?

Yes, and cleverer. Still, he probably had less incompetent lawyers too.

Hmmm, Monaco 2006 qualifying wasnt very clever

I thought he was told to say what he did by his team?

Oh, I think so, too. I don't put all the blame on Lewis. But I don't think Lewis is exactly clever, either, so my version of the events is anything but flattering for the poor guy :P

It is a shame, because no matter who was the dimwit at McLaren ,and I am pretty sure that it wasn't Ryan by himself, Lewis reputation is hurt (not that I care much about that) and his chances of defending his WDC too (and that is something that I do care about, because that's why I watch F1 in the first place...to watch these guys race)