Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YHR

Just Not Feeling It

Well guys, I have to say for what ever reason, I am just not feeling this season. I scarcly can sum up the interest to tune in, and then when I do , I see more controversy, and stewards decision influencing outcome.

The fact that Mclaren and Hamiliton would lie over such a thing is beyond belief. How can you ever really trust them to tell the truth.

Oh and the cars are as ugly as dirt with that huge front wing. Bizarre and unbalanced looking.

The whole thing is a freaking mess. Some have KERS some don't. What the hell has this sport become.

Yep. I commented on this "giving up" reading Monza a few days back.

Well, the smart money is on worse, that is, things can only get worse before they ever get better. There is also a big "IF" in there.

Perhaps the man behind the nose could shed some light on this. Earth to Dribbler, do you copy?

Yep. I commented on this "giving up" reading Monza a few days back.

Well, the smart money is on worse, that is, things can only get worse before they ever get better. There is also a big "IF" in there.

Perhaps the man behind the nose could shed some light on this. Earth to Dribbler, do you copy?

I'm not so sure that things 'can only get worse', that's a negative view. If you remember the F1 of old and are not happy with anything else, you will never find enjoyment in the current format. We need to accept that changes have happened and will continue to happen. Along with that, there is far more detailed analysis of the minutae; no one can sneeze without a fifteen page forum discussion thread. Personally I try to 'see past the decor' and look at what's behind it all. Pick and choose; want to discuss all the controversies? Good, there are places to do that. Want to ignore that and just watch the racing? You can do that too.

I refuse to feel a certain way about our great sport. It's constantly evolving. The best way is to allow your opinions to evolve too. Or go watch NASCAR.

I'm hopeful and yet despondant at the same time. It's tricky to keep up.

+ side...

i) The long awaited shake up of teams has seemingly occured - brilliant!

ii) Button and Vettel have finally been given the oportunity to show what they can do.

iii) McLaren and Ferrari, for all their money, are looking sketchy at best.

iv) Slicks are back.

v) Bernie didn't get his 'most wins, wins' bollocks through.

- side...

i) The cars don't look designed for speed to me. There's something ungainly/awkward about that front & rear wing combo. Fugly. Where's the form follows function ethos gone. That natural aesthetic has been destroyed.

ii) Bernie and Max are still in charge.

iii) The cost capping idea coming in for half the teams and the fact that the rules applying those teams will be completely changeable at the behest of the FIA is ludicrous. That single measure has the potential to truly nail the coffin lid shut on F1. It will become a 'semi'-spec-series without the benefits of a full-spec-series or of a non-spec-series. A duck-billed-****ing-platipus - why?

iv) The stewards haven't learnt a thing from last season and seem destined to repeat the same mistakes time and time again. They have no shame and certainly no intelligence.

I'm not so sure that things 'can only get worse', that's a negative view. If you remember the F1 of old and are not happy with anything else, you will never find enjoyment in the current format. We need to accept that changes have happened and will continue to happen. Along with that, there is far more detailed analysis of the minutae; no one can sneeze without a fifteen page forum discussion thread. Personally I try to 'see past the decor' and look at what's behind it all. Pick and choose; want to discuss all the controversies? Good, there are places to do that. Want to ignore that and just watch the racing? You can do that too.

I refuse to feel a certain way about our great sport. It's constantly evolving. The best way is to allow your opinions to evolve too. Or go watch NASCAR.

You too show signs of battle fatigue. I empathize, considering.

So you think we've hit rock bottom and from here "up" is the only way to go? No "worse" left yet before things get better?

So you think we've hit rock bottom and from here "up" is the only way to go? No "worse" left yet before things get better?

Fatigue with you, not with my favourite sport. Rock bottom 'here'? This site, yes. Worse to come? Highly probable.

Fatigue with you, not with my favourite sport. Rock bottom 'here'? This site, yes. Worse to come? Highly probable.

Taking your frustations out on me or this site is... your usual strategy when reality psses you in the face.

Own up, little man... or not, amusing either way.

Taking your frustations out on me or this site is... your usual strategy when reality psses you in the face.

Own up, little man... or not, amusing either way.

I'd guess this......

Rock bottom 'here'? This site, yes. Worse to come? Highly probable.

...sums up your argumentative, pathetic schoolboy name-calling in so many of your posts maure. You seem like an intelligent guy behind all of your swagger and you make some damn fine posts, shame you have to post the way you do, forevever looking for confrontation, not missing a chance to slag people off and p**s on their bonfire. You have no manners dude.

I'm not so sure that things 'can only get worse', that's a negative view. If you remember the F1 of old and are not happy with anything else, you will never find enjoyment in the current format. We need to accept that changes have happened and will continue to happen. ............Personally I try to 'see past the decor' and look at what's behind it all. Pick and choose; want to discuss all the controversies? Good, there are places to do that. Want to ignore that and just watch the racing? You can do that too...........It's constantly evolving. The best way is to allow your opinions to evolve too. Or go watch NASCAR.

What he said. Whinge somewhere else.

I'd guess this......

...sums up your argumentative, pathetic schoolboy name-calling in so many of your posts maure. You seem like an intelligent guy behind all of your swagger and you make some damn fine posts, shame you have to post the way you do, forevever looking for confrontation, not missing a chance to slag people off and p**s on their bonfire. You have no manners dude.

What he said. Whinge somewhere else.

How rare. Medilloni accuses me of the actions of others.

When you understand that this is your mess and not mine, that these are _your_ bigots and not mine,... the day.

In the meantime, sure, your goons will be under my foot as long as they amuse me. Don't like it? Keep them in line yourself.

For me, every season has been 'different' in various respects. It's a merry-go-round. The 'lottery' aspect heightens the excitement factor and I see nothing wrong in that. Big teams **** up, small teams step up, newcomers clean up. Those are priceless ingredients in any successful sporting spectacle. You couldn't make stuff like this this season's unfolding story up, even if you tried. Its fabulous. For me, the best season yet. So, if your chosen chariot or rider aren't doing the business yet, you'll need to get over yourselves - this sport is bigger than any one team or driver.

For me, every season has been 'different' in various respects. It's a merry-go-round. The 'lottery' aspect heightens the excitement factor and I see nothing wrong in that. Big teams **** up, small teams step up, newcomers clean up. Those are priceless ingredients in any successful sporting spectacle. You couldn't make stuff like this this season's unfolding story up, even if you tried. Its fabulous. For me, the best season yet. So, if your chosen chariot or rider aren't doing the business yet, you'll need to get over yourselves - this sport is bigger than any one team or driver.

If the idea of "chosen chariot or ride" applies to you, well, good for you. Personally, I don't care.

During the preseason, BGP did well and I was happy with that. I had spent most of last season wishing (and posting) the midfield fcked the pecking order up so BGP was a dream come true. More so, since it was done by under-the-radar innovation. Then I found out about FIA's dark manouvers to prohibit Renault and RBR from developing similar solutions, so I've let BGP dangle as a fabrication...

And so, this is just another FIA manufactured season. We can only hope they have planned some plot-twists beyond BGP wins every race... it will get old for most of us, perhaps not you, but for most of us it will.

And so, this is just another FIA manufactured season.

Not just another, this one is the FIA's season.

This sport is a couple of dice shakes away from collapse

http://www.sidepodcast.com/2009/02/25/when...-lose-interest/

Moaning = losing interest or if you moan then you're of no interest or... :eusa_think:

That was nice to read. So it means that in 20 years' time, assuming F1 is still alive after oh, Bernie and Max try their best to kill it, I will be moaning about the cars being completely different to 08-09 cars... :eusa_think:

http://www.sidepodcast.com/2009/02/25/when...-lose-interest/

Moaning = losing interest or if you moan then you're of no interest or... :eusa_think:

Interesting article, and I will concede he may be right. For my sake I hope so. I used to have a passion for this sport, but I am quite worried about the state of it. The rules and regulations seem to be a moving target regarding design, and it just has a feel of complete incompetence in what they now have structured.

Big money wants a clear set of rules. THey are not going to go on investing millions of dollars, if the regulations are a moving target.

Mercedes must be upset over what is transpiring at Mclaren. Wonder how long until the privateer Brawn, becomes a factory Mercedes team!!!!!

Ok, let's be honest.

At the moment I do not like what I see this season. A few cars with KERS and others without KERS, but the worst thing is that those who use it are not capable of sending it to hell. Then that thing about the diffusers, which still with them I would like to see the gap with Renault and Ferrari if these removed the ****ing KERS. Don't they see that Red Bull without diffuser and without KERS go quicker than Renault and they use the same engine? Is it that the KERS is a new form of motorracing suicide?

We'll need a proper thread about KERS soon.

1 Button diffuser+noKERS

2 Trulli diffuser+noKERS

3 Vettel noKERS

4 Barrichello diffuser+noKERS

5 Glock diffuser+noKERS

6 Rosberg diffuser+noKERS

7 Webber noKERS

8 Kubica noKERS

9 Raikkonen mthfKERS

10 Alonso mthfKERS

11 Heidfeld mthfKERS

Yeap KERS is sh** to me. It may give an advantage sometimes but it's certainly not worth half the fuss going on around it. Plus it's an electric device and the more electicity in the car we have the more problems we have with it.

Apart from that one I'm really really pleased with ongoing situation. Especially with BMW struggling to materialize their plans. They may have my countryman driving the car but last year mr Theissen showed some behaviour which isn't even close to the spirit of racing. They didn't take a chance to win and now it seems they'll probably end up with nothing.

KERS may suck now, but technology never got any better (or cheaper) by abandoning it. What's more scary is that if Ferrari weren't using KERS, maybe they wouldn't be so high up...

Of course I am as bigger fan of KERS as Eddie Jordan is, I think it provides an interesting new element to the races but I would rather all teams run it or none.

Ok, let's be honest.

At the moment I do not like what I see this season. A few cars with KERS and others without KERS, but the worst thing is that those who use it are not capable of sending it to hell. Then that thing about the diffusers, which still with them I would like to see the gap with Renault and Ferrari if these removed the ****ing KERS. Don't they see that Red Bull without diffuser and without KERS go quicker than Renault and they use the same engine? Is it that the KERS is a new form of motorracing suicide?

We'll need a proper thread about KERS soon.

1 Button diffuser+noKERS

2 Trulli diffuser+noKERS

3 Vettel noKERS

4 Barrichello diffuser+noKERS

5 Glock diffuser+noKERS

6 Rosberg diffuser+noKERS

7 Webber noKERS

8 Kubica noKERS

9 Raikkonen mthfKERS

10 Alonso mthfKERS

11 Heidfeld mthfKERS

Do we know yet if Kimi was really using KERS in Q3? I've been seeing rumors that he had KERS in his car, but didn't actually use it, which seems weird (non-ideal weight balance + no extra hp's). If so, why would Ferrari do that... if they are worried that it will break in quali, why would it work any better in the race?

Do we know yet if Kimi was really using KERS in Q3? I've been seeing rumors that he had KERS in his car, but didn't actually use it, which seems weird (non-ideal weight balance + no extra hp's). If so, why would Ferrari do that... if they are worried that it will break in quali, why would it work any better in the race?

Maybe the top teams are using/wearing KERS for the only reason that they pretend they are the pinnacle of developtment and it might be good for commercial purpouses. Other than that I think KERS isn't worth it at the moment. I've just read about it and that technology has nothing to do with commercial hybrids. So it's useless.