Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pumpdoc

Malaysain Gp Race Thread

Oh the tactical geniousness of Ferrari...

During the race I got a sudden urge to break windows. <_<

It normally crashes by itself. Oh, those windows.

Don't be too worried about it, clearly Kimi isn't :D:lol:

Ouch! :lol:

:lol: After realizing that there were no crashes other than some touches by drivers, my lap top with the state of the art vista decided to crash itself. :P No I am serious....Vista is probably the worst stuff to come out from microsoft.....I miss windows xp... :mellow:

:lol: After realizing that there were no crashes other than some touches by drivers, my lap top with the state of the art vista decided to crash itself. :P No I am serious....Vista is probably the worst stuff to come out from microsoft.....I miss windows xp... :mellow:

Haha, I read a lot of stuff about Vista sucking but for me it's okay, I probably prefer it to XP, even if it is a resource hog.

Haha, I read a lot of stuff about Vista sucking but for me it's okay, I probably prefer it to XP, even if it is a resource hog.

Updated to Vista 2 years ago, never looked back.

Updated to Vista 2 years ago, never looked back.

Try Windows 7. Even in beta, it's better than Vista.

The main problem for me is that I cannot divide my drive like I can do in XP. Since I use Autodesk Alias and maya, and photoshop, you know Vista combined with Centrino is not the best. I would prefer XP with AMD.

FIA have no common sense. why dont make the race starts at 4:00 pm instead at 5:00 pm; at 4:00 pm you have plenty of time to restart if there is any storm and in Europe the race'd started at 10:00 am what is also a reasonable time to wake up on Sunday...

Yes, it seems it will be amazing and much better than Vista already.

FIA have no common sense. why dont make the race starts at 4:00 pm instead at 5:00 pm; at 4:00 pm you have plenty of time to restart if there is any storm and in Europe the race'd started at 10:00 am what is also a reasonable time to wake up on Sunday...

Oh, do not say that around here. It was the rain and only the rain, it was bright and clear. Ok?

OK, I was so sick (I got up at 4 am to watch) that after the 3rd lap I went back to bed and didn't even turn on the computer until now. So, here is my rant

&^%%!%$#@ :frusty::yikes::shock2: them Germans!

If it's not their drivers, it's their engineers!

(*(*&% :mf_tongue::meh:

7 is definately more solid than Vista, but be warned - PnP and driver support is still woefully lacking - it will improve with time. plus - wait until a few more hackers get their grubby mits on it. IE 8 was cracked (with embarrassing ease) the week before microsoft's grand release - oops. I suspect the same for windows 7 soon enough - microsoft's networking is consistently a long way from airtight. They assume that being propretary keeps them safe - they still haven't learnt.

Vista releases now are way WAY better than when it first came out (they basically launched way too early), but still hoovers up resources. If you like pretty, then great. If you want a functioning/non-crashing/speedy machine then skip it.

Best option IMO - A linux kernal. I recommend Kubuntu or Ubuntu. Way more secure and really simple to use once you get the hang of it.

It's simple logic - if the source code to an OS/app is open to the public, then it must be secure. Second - if we let all programmers look at, improve our code and write aps themselves then they will be way more efficient and usable. Hey presto open-source s##ts on proprietary stuff from microsoft and their ilk.

Oh - the race?

Yep - would have liked it longer, but thems the breaks. 2pm start and less likelyhood of rain might be preferable. I wonder how many times bernie's heard that this weekend.

OK, so I've been in Vegas setting up our customer forum, and I've worked 56 hours in 3 days, but I finally got a chance to watch the race.

I agree with everybody who complained about the start time. But I thought it was a great race. Some fantastic battles. But for me Jenson was the story of the race.

I've always questioned whether Jenson's as good as everybody seems to think he is. Now I have my answer. Those two laps he did after Trulli and Rosberg pitted were just staggering. In the end you can argue about the rain and the effect it had on the race, but it has been a long time since I've been that impressed with a driver.

Anyway, I have to get some sleep. I'll come up with a more rational opinion after a good rest.

I take that with a pinch of bulls##t. I mean, has anyone told Kimi that? I don't think he'd be much for it! If it is true, then I am deeply concerned, as if Raikkonen doesn't have enough trouble keeping the car on the track these days, without worrying about Schumi trying to mess up his chances :lol:

They've censored bullsalt now?

OK, so I've been in Vegas setting up our customer forum, and I've worked 56 hours in 3 days, but I finally got a chance to watch the race.

I agree with everybody who complained about the start time. But I thought it was a great race. Some fantastic battles. But for me Jenson was the story of the race.

I've always questioned whether Jenson's as good as everybody seems to think he is. Now I have my answer. Those two laps he did after Trulli and Rosberg pitted were just staggering. In the end you can argue about the rain and the effect it had on the race, but it has been a long time since I've been that impressed with a driver.

Anyway, I have to get some sleep. I'll come up with a more rational opinion after a good rest.

For once, we agree. But it still proves my point, that a car represents 80% of any driver's success. Look at Massa, Raikkonen and Hamilton this year.

OK, I was so sick (I got up at 4 am to watch) that after the 3rd lap I went back to bed and didn't even turn on the computer until now. So, here is my rant

&^%%!%$#@ :frusty::yikes::shock2: them Germans!

If it's not their drivers, it's their engineers!

(*(*&% :mf_tongue::meh:

Oh, for the record, I'm JOKING! I don't blame (or even dislike) Germans for Kubica's problems. But Katy probably does not believe me...

7 is definately more solid than Vista, but be warned - PnP and driver support is still woefully lacking - it will improve with time. plus - wait until a few more hackers get their grubby mits on it. IE 8 was cracked (with embarrassing ease) the week before microsoft's grand release - oops. I suspect the same for windows 7 soon enough - microsoft's networking is consistently a long way from airtight. They assume that being propretary keeps them safe - they still haven't learnt.

Vista releases now are way WAY better than when it first came out (they basically launched way too early), but still hoovers up resources. If you like pretty, then great. If you want a functioning/non-crashing/speedy machine then skip it.

Best option IMO - A linux kernal. I recommend Kubuntu or Ubuntu. Way more secure and really simple to use once you get the hang of it.

It's simple logic - if the source code to an OS/app is open to the public, then it must be secure. Second - if we let all programmers look at, improve our code and write aps themselves then they will be way more efficient and usable. Hey presto open-source s##ts on proprietary stuff from microsoft and their ilk.

Yes, I'm using Ubuntu atm. It works very nicely and does everything you could want.

I have a Ubuntu machine and quite like it, but too much digging around at the Command Line for this ever to be my full time machine.